Print

Author Topic: What character combos do you like most in Double Dash!!?  (Read 4167 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« on: June 24, 2011, 05:09:38 PM »
Mario and Yoshi in Mario's or Waluigers' cars, because the egg is one of the best items in the game, fireballs aren't so bad, and I like the characters

Bowser Jr. and Diddy Kong in the Barrel Train, because the Barrel Train is beastly and the giant bananas and shells are excellent for keeping you in first place. And because the characters are cool

My old GP records had an abundance of Toad and Paratroopa in Toad's Vanilla Kart for some reason. I guess I just thought they were cool, but I never really got to use the Golden Mushroom and triple shells are a little less than amazing.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 08:40:39 PM »
For some odd reason, I always went with Luigi and Waluigi in the Waluigi Racer.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 09:08:17 PM »
I use the babies in the Barrel Train. It's arguably one of the fastest character/kart combos in the game.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 09:18:46 PM »
My records indicate that I used mostly lightweight characters, usually Toad and Koopa Troopa, in light vehicles (Toad's Kart the most common, but the.. green shelled kart.. is a close second).

Waluigi and Toad is in there a few times, in the Yoshi kart.

On a side note: it appears I was once trying to get a perfect score in the All Cup Tour, but the one for Mirror Special Cup isn't perfect. I want to rectify that, but don't have time now. AAAaaahhhh!!!!!
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 11:47:15 PM »
I always go with Wario and Donkey Kong in Wario's car. I like being able to push lighter karts around I guess. That and Wario's special item blew people up.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 02:27:23 PM »
Toad/Paratroopa in the Toad Kart, oddly enough.  Acceleration + noobish snaking > Speed all the time.  That and triple shells/Golden Mushroom's by far my favorite item combo, even if I rarely get to use the latter.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 02:31:57 PM by jdaster64 »
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 10:58:48 PM »
It made no sense tactically, but I always liked pairing up Mario and Luigi.  I really like when they're both featured in a game and can work together as a team, and are treated like equals.  It's a nice throwback to the roots of the main series.

Wario is one of my favorite characters of all time, but I never paired him with Waluigi.  Obviously it makes sense tactically, but it was more to do with the fact that I really don't dig Waluigi... or that I can't imagine anyone would choose to join forces with Wario.  So I usually paired Wario with someone I think he could bully into being his flunkie, usually a Koopa, maybe a Toad. 
Haters gonna hate

Print