Print

Author Topic: Abuse of Mario  (Read 8922 times)

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« on: October 15, 2005, 01:29:22 PM »
One day when I was sufring the internet, (for no apparant reason,) I stumbled opon a game called Asterix & Oblelix XXL2: Mission Las Vegum. I downloaded it because it featured a picture of mario from SMS as a screenshot, but once I downloaded it, your object was to beat the living c*** out of Mario and other enemies. There were more eneimies from different games, but considering this, wouldn't that be against copyright laws? I love the game despite the fact that you have to kill nintendo charicters from nintendo's past, but they really have gone too far.

Metal Slug and Mario is so cool

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 02:04:05 PM »
AAAGGGGHHH! Please, don't start a topic just to complain about Mario getting hurt. If the game was where you killed Master Chief or Sonic the Hedgehog, would you complain? It is against copyright law to do that, but it's also technically against the law to make a Mario forum without Nintendo's express written permission...not that I don't like the Fungi Forums though.

And by the way, when I saw "Abuse of Mario", I thought is was about a remake of the old PC shooter game Abuse, but with Mario in it. Or something.

-------------------------------------
"How are you gentlemen !! All your base are belong to us !! You are on the way to destruction. You have no chance to survive make your time. HA HA HA HA ...."
-Cats, Zero Wing (Genesis)
every

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2005, 02:30:30 PM »
Most of the time people on the forums don't like it when you complain about things like that, when I was new I was very carful, sat back and watched the others make fools of themselves, (Not trying to point that out to anyone, so don't be offended.) so I learned from them.

Other Guy: Well thats because someone''s cat was strangled on the phone line.

Edited by - bigmariofan1.0 on 10/15/2005 1:30:58 PM
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2005, 05:19:49 PM »
This is exactly what I mean. I hate that most people hate the New School games. I mean, I hate the old school games because they were always repetitive and lacked replay value. Please don't get mad at me for saying this but it's my opinion so I say:

I think that Mario Party 5 is better than SM64, SMB3, and SMW combined.

I am not saying this on purpose because people keep bashing New School, It's just my opinion.

Mario and Luigi They’re our men, if they can’t triple-jump and ground-pound no one can!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2005, 07:34:12 PM »
I rented Mario Party advance and stopped playing it about 10 minutes in because it sucked.

Me: Hooray, it''s raining money and double apostrophes!!!
Mom: Wake up or you''ll miss the bus.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2005, 07:50:12 PM »
You're going from complaining that people "bash" newer games, right into "bashing" older games.

Just like you have your reasons for having your opinions, so do others. Saying "Don't get made because it's my opinion" works both ways.

It's hypocritical posts like that which are annoying.

Edited by - Black Mage on 10/15/2005 6:50:59 PM

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2005, 09:05:25 PM »
Frankly, I don't see what's so wrong with threads like these. :/

Yeah, that game sounds like it sucks big time. And I would think that a game like that about Sonic would suck too, incidentally.

_______
j00r 73h r0x0r, d00d!
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2005, 09:26:55 PM »
Wow. I think that every post on this thread so far is about a completely different topic. Including this one.

~I.S.~
~I.S.~

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2005, 09:50:29 PM »
You know what Steve?!?!

That's entirely true.

Me: Hooray, it''s raining money and double apostrophes!!!
Mom: Wake up or you''ll miss the bus.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2005, 09:51:18 PM »
Thanks for reminding me that I downloaded this!  It seems like a fun, goofy game  that centers around spoofing other video games (just like Conker's Bad Fur Day spoofs several movies... the mechanics are similar too).  It'll get added to TMK eventually.  Yeah, I don't see what was wrong with this topic... it was actually good compared to most topics lately.

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2005, 05:29:35 AM »
I forgot to mention a few stuff in my last post.

Anyway, I finish this. People are different. They have different likes and dislikes. You never have to agree with them. But there is a difference between disagreeing and arguing. Many people may argue with opinions. But others will usually let it go. The point is, you don't need to listen to what anyone says and you never need to make an argument of opinions.

Mario and Luigi They’re our men, if they can’t triple-jump and ground-pound no one can!

Edited by - Aarom11 on 10/16/2005 4:50:16 AM

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2005, 03:35:40 PM »
"I think that Mario Party 5 is better than SM64, SMB3, and SMW combined."

Worst Mario Party ever, by far.

As for Mario Party Advance, that one was actually kinda fun.

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2005, 03:38:45 PM »
Did I say 5? I meant 4. Sorry.

Edited by - Aarom11 on 10/16/2005 2:38:58 PM

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2005, 08:47:24 PM »
oh yes, 4 was freaking awesome!

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2005, 11:34:48 PM »
Oh god 4 is by far the worst most lacking Mario Party ever. Not to start a flame war but still...

Print