Print

Author Topic: A Compelling Article  (Read 25745 times)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2008, 03:14:34 PM »
Kirby Super Star Ultra (although I'm not sure what that game is all about I'm just assuming its gonna be good)
You had better bet it's going to be good. Kirby Super Star was Kirby's finest moment ever, and this can only improve on it.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2008, 10:14:07 PM »
I'm somewhat confident in saying that'll probably be the first DS game I'll have bought since... PH, I think (not much of a coincidence). And, thereafter, probably the last for a while.

That baby hasn't aged at all in ten years? WITCHCRAFT!!
I lol'd.

Wario Land, Kirby Super Star, and Rhythm Heaven should keep people happy.
"Placated" is the kindest I'd put it (and keep in mind that those games got pretty much got zero E3 publicity. From now on, I've decided that the quality of a Nintendo game is more or less in inverse proportion to how much they try to shove it in your face).

And there are some good thirty games arriving...Madworld, Sonic Unleashed etc. Nintendo ended their production cycle on lots of first party titles between last fall and this summer. I really just feel as if nothing is far along enough to present aside from WarioLand. Maybe we'll get something exciting at the next show...

As far as that list...three of those games look pretty hardcore.
That is true, and it's good to look on the bright side of things now and then, but I just want to take this opportunity to say something (that you've probably heard other people on the internet say): You never really see primarily PS3/360 gamers constantly reiterating how many "good" games are on the console, putting things in perspective/rationalizing the quality of the console's library as a whole, treating every "good" game like a rare gift...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2008, 11:27:52 PM »
You're still way too stuck in the whole fanboy mentality, what with your classification of "PS3 gamers" or "360 gamers". I play the games I want to play on the console they're on.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2008, 12:00:35 AM »
I guess what I meant is people who primarily play on those consoles enough to the point where they're having discussions about the quality of their games (perhaps on forums dedicated to said consoles or games therein).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2008, 07:53:50 AM »
I'm not a fanboy. I love nintendo and I like the playstation's very much, but when it comes to xbox or xbox 360 I absolutly hate it.  I hope one day that for whatever reason xbox's won't be sold anymore.  Maybe everyone boycots them, or they find that waves from the console are causing severe brain damage, or no company's release games for them anymore.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 03:00:41 PM by MushroomJunkie »
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2008, 08:16:16 AM »
I'm not a fanboy

Quote from: MushroomJinkie
but when it comes to xbox or xbox 360 I absolutly hate it.

???

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #81 on: August 25, 2008, 09:34:05 AM »
I'd say there's about $50,000 worth of comedy gold right there. Not counting Chef's "MushroomJinkie".
every

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #82 on: August 25, 2008, 02:40:02 PM »
and I like the playstation's very much

See that Chef? Huh? HUH??
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 02:54:33 PM by MushroomJunkie »

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #83 on: August 25, 2008, 02:52:31 PM »
The PlayStation's what?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #84 on: August 25, 2008, 02:53:56 PM »
I said I like the playstation consoles very much.

« Reply #85 on: August 25, 2008, 03:29:13 PM »
I said I like the playstation consoles very much.

???

????
I'd say there's about $50,000 worth of comedy gold right there. Not counting Chef's "MushroomJinkie".
I thought the other way around.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #86 on: August 25, 2008, 04:38:57 PM »
I'm not going to pay $50,000 for a couple of lame posts about fanboys and their ways.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #87 on: August 25, 2008, 06:20:12 PM »
When did I ever allude to that?
um, you compared "hardcore" gamers to drug users. And everyone here hate's dem folk

P.S. If someone said this before I'm sorry I'm really stoned right now
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 06:22:06 PM by Shyguy92 »
"it's always the present"

« Reply #88 on: August 25, 2008, 07:39:29 PM »
From now on, I've decided that the quality of a Nintendo game is more or less in inverse proportion to how much they try to shove it in your face

I've always noticed that it is usually that way, with one or two exceptions.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #89 on: August 25, 2008, 07:57:43 PM »
Someone had a theory that the reason we didn't see Mario, Zelda, or Pikmin at E3 was because Nintendo wanted to avoid the hype backlash that Brawl and (to a lesser extent) Twilight Princess got, having been overexposed a bit too much before release.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print