Print

Author Topic: Look and Layout Preferences  (Read 17954 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2010, 05:08:31 PM »
I just tried it for curiosity's sake, and doing so produced nothing but the fabled Little Red X:
I'm considering switching layouts just to be a rebel, and I'm getting the same problem. So now that a popular member with influence has this problem hows bout we fix it.
Now that I'm using Firefox, I can see the same problem Turtlekid has.

Or are you trying to say that the default theme is better?  To which I reply: dude, not everyone has the same taste in color schemes and avatars.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2010, 05:37:58 PM »
To be specific, this is, or was, the "change theme" page. Seeing as it doesn't work in Firefox or IE, it's not a browser-based problem.

Where's Deezer when you need him?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2010, 07:04:45 PM »
I'm biased towards the current default theme to the point of trying to make other websites look similar, but I would not object to small images below forum members names.  It's the huge blinking GIF signatures that annoy me to the point of ignoring the forums that use them. 

Dark themes Foxtrot Tango Whiskey!
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2010, 08:01:50 PM »
Dark themes Foxtrot Tango Lager, actually.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2010, 08:26:10 PM »
If your eyes work backwards
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2010, 08:31:24 PM »
I actually really hate the aforementioned GIF signatures as well; give me a witty quote over the flashy animations anyway.  But that's a moot issue, since images still aren't allowed in signatures with the better-lit theme.  

I do, however, like seeing avatars under the names of posters.  For one thing, it helps to differentiate between people with similar usernames  (<+Man-Frog> the worst part is that I keep getting Tv_Themes and Trainman confused); for another, and I believe this point has already been touched on in this thread, avatars can add personality to the user.  Without avatars, all you've got in the way of individuality are the custom titles, which, while a cool feature, are involuntary (and thus possibly not as reflective of the User's actual personality).

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2010, 08:43:28 PM »
Like my new avatar guys?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2010, 04:18:51 AM »
That had better be your real avatar in three seconds, because that's awesome.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2010, 04:11:28 PM »
I thought you'd run that through an actual bling-gif site and smiled until I realized that your entire sense of humor consists of stealing stuff from Encyclopedia Dramatica.

sigh
every

« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2010, 04:16:57 PM »
That's only half. The other half is images from 4chanarchive.org.

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2010, 01:53:28 PM »
Let's just admit it: the change layout page is never going to be fixed. Unless someone gets MacGyver, MacGruber, McGarnicle, and The Guyver on the case.
You didn't say wot wot.

Print