Print

Author Topic: SSBB: WarioWare stage revealed  (Read 9662 times)

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« on: August 31, 2007, 06:43:04 AM »

Much like Super Flat Zone from SSBM, SSBB introduces a new offbeat stage that looks to be even wackier and more unique: WarioWare, from the same-titled series!  While players fight, the environment switches between microgames.  Players have to complete the microgames' tasks or risk environmental damage, and successful completion promises rewards.  In between microgames, the familiar WarioWare elevator appears in the background behind a standard battlefield stage.  Click the link below to check out several of included microgames.

Link: Smash Bros. DOJO!!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 06:47:31 AM by Super-Jesse »

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 01:54:14 PM »
This has to be one of the most original stages in the game. This takes a pretty interesting concept and I personally loved the microgames from Wario Ware. It'll be funny seeing things like this and having to do two things at once. (That being winning the microgame and fighting.)
I'm a horrible person.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 02:36:53 PM »
Can anyone say "banned from tournaments"? Personally, I think this is awesome.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 06:09:08 PM »
We'd thought about this in #tmk before. It's perfect. Even though it's yet another stage that changes all the time...
Best case scenario: The Microgames are different each time you play on the stage, randomized.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 08:48:39 PM »
I hope the real music goes with all the games!

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2007, 11:35:50 PM »
The first time I saw this stage, I thought awesome. Second time, I thought of something else. What if this stage is the key to unlocking Mr. Game & Watch?

Instead of completing one of the story modes with everyone else, maybe you have to complete a certain number of microgames. I mean, the series was based off of the Game and Watch games.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2007, 12:20:22 AM »
Or...(in a more controversial theory)...could Wario be the substitute for a carelessly bumped Mr. Game & Watch?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 12:22:13 AM by The Blue Toad »
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2007, 01:43:19 AM »
It's more likely completing a set number of Microgames will be the object of an event.
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2007, 07:59:21 AM »
Or...(in a more controversial theory)...could Wario be the substitute for a carelessly bumped Mr. Game & Watch?

The fact that he moves in a wacky frame-by-frame style seems to point to that. I've recently began to wonder if Pit, Zero Suit Samus, Snake, and Ike are replacements for Young Link, Sheik, Ganondorf and Roy, respectively.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2007, 08:34:56 AM »
Quote from: Game Informer 8/2/2007
Aonuma: I’ve been working with Sakurai for a very long time with this new Smash Bros., because the Wii came out and when discussion for a new Smash Bros. took place nobody could think of anyone other than Sakurai working on it. He was kind of the default, and I was very happy to hear that he would be working on it. Actually, my designers did work on the designs for Sheik and Link and Ganondorf. So they submitted the initial designs, and so it would fit in the Smash Bros. Brawl environment, they’ve had to tweak some of the designs. But Sakurai has brought those altered designs to NCL. We’re working very closely with the team of Smash Bros. Brawl to make sure the characters look their best.

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2007, 11:38:33 AM »
Do you see how Wario walks? Just like Mr. Game & Watch.

Do you see his stage? Looks a lot like Game & Watch's.

Mr. Game & Watch, I think you're dead. :(

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2007, 11:39:25 AM »
I think it's funny how Wario goes from frame to frame.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2007, 01:49:33 PM »
Freakin' speculators. Remember the Greeks!!
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2007, 08:19:11 PM »
Is it me, or does it look like Mario and Kirby are being hurt by the rain?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2007, 08:20:48 PM »
I'm pretty sure that's because they aren't going by the objective of the microgame. In that microgame you're supposed to stay dry.

That is, if they are getting hurt.
I'm a horrible person.

Print