Print

Author Topic: Animal Crossing: New Leaf  (Read 37325 times)

« on: June 17, 2013, 04:11:34 PM »

CrossEyed7 and me playing pinball in my tent

Fifth, me, and CrossEyed7 fishing in the rain

Bug-Off: I stopped after this score. Did anyone get higher?

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 05:22:45 PM »
Bodies too elongated, would not buy.

But really, I'm not sure if I'll bother this time. Both WW and CF are gathering dust (and weeds) at the moment.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 05:30:05 PM by Weegee »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 05:31:05 PM »
Fun. I need to coordinate with you guys sometime. My brother and I have been playing consistently since buying our own copies.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 08:41:44 PM »

Crazy reference

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 09:32:22 PM »

Crazy reference
But I thought Nintendo only recognises PM:TTYD as a game that nothing should ever be similar to ever.

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 11:10:41 PM »
So Gulliver washes up on the beach again? Excellent!
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 12:12:12 PM »
I didn't like Wild World because the framerate was horrible. I didn't like City Folk because, like SM64DS, its idea of adding new things was mostly taking the things you already had and putting them in a more inconvenient place. New Leaf fixes all of that, and will be the first time I've really gotten into an Animal Crossing game since the Gamecube one, which I played the hell out of when I was thirteen.

I just checked in on my Gamecube town for the first time in three years. It's a three-level town, which was apparently kind of rare. Tortimer never built a bridge in the one place we needed one, though, so it's a little inconvenient to get around. Not that much, though, since it still feels so familiar. All my favorite villagers are still there. I'm pretty sure I have all the NES games except for Mario Bros, including Super Mario Bros and Zelda. Still have embarrassing stuff about the girl I had a crush on in the diary there. The lost and found at the police station is still filled with oranges. Still have some but not all of the super-secret Mario items.

I had been saving a couple bugs for the Bug-Off last week, and then I ended up winning with a 114-point birdwing butterfly that I caught right next to Nat's tent.

Also, guys can wear dresses now.

Oh, and when you're buying paintings and statues from Redd now, you can actually tell whether they're genuine if you're familiar enough with the real-life one. That's pretty cool.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 12:53:56 PM »
Yeah. I have to say I was almost disappointed by City Folk, since it felt like WW+.

I say almost because it was nice to play on the tv again, so my wife could get more into it. She hated playing WW because of the DS's small screen.

I guess I could trade-in WW for NL..  I don't know what the point would be though, if Nintendo is just going to turn around and make NL+ on the Wii U. Eventually.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 04:01:21 PM »
When Animal Crossing: City Folk came out I really wasn't impressed. I decided from here on out that I'd skip every other Animal Crossing so that the overall new-ness from game to game would increase. It also lets the hunger build up. I'm pretty pleased with New Leaf. I think I prefer them on handhelds now.
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2013, 04:19:08 PM »
How does character customization work in thie game? Do your facial features still depend on your answers to the questionnaire at the beginning?

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2013, 05:24:21 PM »
How does character customization work in thie game? Do your facial features still depend on your answers to the questionnaire at the beginning?

I haven't played Animal crossing before, but that sounds a little racist to me.

EX: Question: What food do you like?
Answer: Chicken
Computer Thinks: lets make this guy black
Now with grandeur.

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2013, 05:32:07 PM »
Don't worry, there are no black people in Animal Crossing.

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2013, 06:09:38 PM »
... and the questions aren't based on stereotypes. Everything is dependent on how you answer a given question, not necessarily what your answer is.
I'm a horrible person.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2013, 07:57:22 PM »

Animal Crossing at its finest.
Go Moon!

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2013, 08:13:24 PM »
[darn] furries.

Print