Print

Author Topic: Rumor: Paper Mario DS Coming in July  (Read 8166 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: April 16, 2008, 02:23:48 PM »

Wondering what's next for the portly plumber after he races circles around your living room? Korean internet retailers have the inside track apparently, and are listing Paper Mario DS with a July 2008 release. No confirmation of this being a legit offering, or just wishful thinking. Once official word breaks, I'll let you know!

Link: cvg.com

UPDATE: After reading some more into this via other reports, it seems this would be a port available only in Korea. Check out more here.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 04:00:19 PM by Super-Jesse »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 02:35:47 PM »
YE GODS.

I never even thought of that!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 02:47:58 PM »
Well.. they certainly did crank this out quickly didn't they? It's only been like a year since SPM.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 02:59:12 PM »
You know what, just 5 minutes before coming to TMK right now, I thought, "what if they made a Paper Mario DS?" And then...

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 03:20:24 PM »
You know what, just 5 minutes before coming to TMK right now, I thought, "what if they made a Paper Mario DS?" And then...
Its weird how things work that way, isn't it?
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 03:49:15 PM »
There's no way this is happening.
  • With a July release, we would have heard about it before now.
  • If it's supposed to be a port of the N64 Paper Mario, they wouldn't have it on Virtual Console for 1/3 the price.
  • If it's supposed to be a new game, the DS already has its Mario RPG.
-Lizard Dude

Super-Jesse

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 03:57:55 PM »
There's no way this is happening.
  • With a July release, we would have heard about it before now.
  • If it's supposed to be a port of the N64 Paper Mario, they wouldn't have it on Virtual Console for 1/3 the price.
  • If it's supposed to be a new game, the DS already has its Mario RPG.
-Lizard Dude

I have to say I agree with LD on all his points. There's no way a game this big would have been able to be kept secret so close to release. If it is indeed just a "port", who would pay full price except hardcore Mario fans, unless it was simply held within the Paper Mario 64 world, but a brand new adventure? (i.e. same characters, etc).

Finally, I think I remember seeing something where Nintendo stated that Paper Mario is a console rpg series, and Mario & Luigi are meant to be the handheld rpg series.

But, who knows what could happen, eh?

<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 05:18:55 PM »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 05:28:01 PM »
The dual screen 'O' sort of makes it look fake too.
Ditto used Machop!

Super-Jesse

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 05:38:07 PM »
The dual screen 'O' sort of makes it look fake too.

The screen is fan made, part of a petition deal:

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/pmds

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2008, 10:09:51 PM »
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2008, 10:23:52 PM »
Okay, so is it fake, or is it just one of those things (like the iQue) that they release in second/third-world Asian countries that's just a knock-off of an N64 game?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2008, 05:35:29 AM »
Ditto used Machop!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2008, 10:25:53 AM »
Possibly cool but probably (EDIT: now definitely) fake was what I thought after reading about it.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print