Print

Author Topic: 10 Fast Nintendo Facts- June 2007  (Read 3948 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: July 24, 2007, 09:43:34 AM »
These facts are so fast, you’ll miss them if you blink. Oh, look, they’re gone. That’s okay, I took a picture with my Pokemon Snap camera. Below are some facts Nintendo wanted me to share with you regarding their global domination. That whole fast thing? Their wording, not mine.

* Through the first half of 2007, the total Wii™ hardware sell-through in the United States and Canada combined is more than 2.3 million units (2.1 million United States, 222,000 Canada).

* For the first half of 2007, Nintendo represents nearly 70 percent of the industry growth in the United States and Canada combined.

* In June alone, Wii was once again the top-selling home console with nearly 435,000 units sold in the United States and Canada combined (381,800 United States, 53,000 Canada).

* In June alone, Nintendo DS™ was the top-selling video game system overall with nearly 608,000 units sold in the United States and Canada combined (562,000 United States, 46,000 Canada).

* Nintendo remained the top video game publisher in the United States and Canada in June, as well as the top publisher for all of 2007.

* In June alone, Nintendo has six of the top 10 best-selling games in the United States, including the top four: Mario Party 8 and Wii Play for Wii, and Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl for Nintendo DS.

* Of the top 30 best-selling games in the United States for all of 2007, half are for Nintendo systems.

* The three best-selling games in the United States for all of 2007 are for Nintendo systems: Pokémon Diamond, Wii Play and Pokémon Pearl.

* Wii already boasts more than 180 games, including 120 downloadable Virtual Console™ titles. By the end of the year, that total number will climb to about 330 games, including an additional 100 new games from every major third-party publisher, along with an additional 50 Virtual Console titles.

* Approximately 300 games are already available for Nintendo DS, with another 140 titles expected by the end of the year from every major third-party publisher.
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 03:20:52 PM »
They really bounced back this time, didn't they? I wouldn't say they're on top of the industry circa 1980s, but they've done a good job.

Print