Print

Author Topic: Super Mario All-Stars out now in North America  (Read 6602 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: December 13, 2010, 02:15:31 PM »
Super Mario All-Stars, a limited-edition package commemorating the 25th anniversary of Super Mario Bros., is now available in North America. The package includes the Super NES game Super Mario All-Stars on a Wii game disc, a soundtrack CD with 10 music tracks and 10 SMB sound effects, and a 32-page booklet titled Super Mario History: 1985-2010, all for $29.99 MSRP.

Link: NOA press release

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 03:21:36 PM »
Pics or it didn't happen!

.. that is, someone should pictures of this after procuring it. I have a feeling one of my family members is getting me this for Christmas, so if nobody has pictures up by then, I'll sacrifice myself.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 06:02:04 PM »
It didn't happen for me.  The lady in front of me got the last one.  I could have went to other stores, but a re-release of the exact game (minus SMW) I have two SNES copies of wasn't worth that amount of effort.  I sure I'll get it eventually anyway.  I already have the VC NES versions and a version of the CD anyway.  Still it'll be cool to reminisce with my brothers at Christmas. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 06:29:01 PM »
It came in the mail today. For some reason, my mom insisted that I open it right now rather than wait until Christmas. Don't ask me why.

I don't have the means to scan it, but the booklet's most noteworthy features include hand-drawn concept art and level layouts for SMB, unused game element sketches for SM64 (many of which were included in SMS), and comments from Shigeru Miyamoto, Takashi Tezuka and Koji Kondo regarding each main-series Mario title from SMB to SMG2.

The CD's track listing is as follows:

1. Super Mario Bros. - Ground Theme
2. Super Mario Bros. 2 - Ground Theme
3. Super Mario Bros. 3 - Athletic Theme
4. Super Mario World - Ground Theme
5. Super Mario 64 - Slider
6. Super Mrio Sunshine - Delfino Plaza
7. New Super Mario Bros. - Main Theme
8. Super Mario Galaxy - Main Theme
9. New Super Mario Bros. Wii - Title Theme
10. Super mario Galaxy 2 - Main Theme (Trailer Arrangement)

11. Super Mario Bros. - Coin
12. Super Mario Bros. - Small Mario Jump
13. Super Mario Bros. - Power-Up
14. Super Mario Bros. - 1-Up
15. Super Mario Bros. - Pipe Travel / Power-Down
16. Super Mario Bros. - Hurry Up
17. Super Mario Bros. - Lost A Life
18. Super Mario Bros. - Game Over
19. Super Mario Bros. - Course Clear
20. Super Mario Bros. - World Clear

As for the game itself, it is indeed a pretty bare-bones release. By the way, it appears as though my platforming skills are getting rusty: SMB took me over 100 lives to beat.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 06:32:37 PM »
Man, I haven't played the original SMB in forever.  Not since my Super Mario Bros. Deluxe cartridge died...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 06:34:36 PM »
100 lives? Dang, Weegee, I am disappoint.  Last time I played the Lost Levels, I got to D-4 without an unlimited 1up trick or Game Over.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 08:36:46 PM »
About 90 of those lives were spent in the last two levels. Mind you, I hadn't played through SMB in its entirety for at least five or six years, and the game's physics are pretty wonky by contemporary standards. In comparison, SMB3 is going without a hitch.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 08:37:17 PM »
Ah, yeah... I hate 8-3 so much.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print