Print

Author Topic: GDC 2011: Super Mario 3DS details  (Read 7711 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: March 02, 2011, 11:47:59 PM »
During his keynote speech at the Game Developers Conference earlier today, Nintendo President Satoru Iwata revealed more details about the upcoming Super Mario game for Nintendo 3DS. Four screenshots were displayed on the screen behind Iwata as he announced that the game is being developed by Nintendo EAD Tokyo, the team behind the Super Mario Galaxy series. When the temporary "Super Mario" logo appeared on the screen, Iwata pointed out the tail in the shadow of the "O" and promised that the tail will be explained at this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3).

Here are some screen captures from the keynote address video at http://gdc2011.nintendo.com:

Link: NOA press release
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 01:14:24 AM by Deezer »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 06:19:42 PM »
Holy butts, it's not a sidescroller?

I should be way less surprised than I am
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 09:07:02 PM »
Really? Did they seriously run out of ideas? This is probably the most generic and uninspired Mario I've ever seen. The graphics do look good though.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 10:27:29 PM »
I'm impressed that you made that judgment with just four screen shots.

Wait, what's impressed mean again?

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 03:47:57 PM »
Really? Did they seriously run out of ideas? This is probably the most generic and uninspired Mario I've ever seen. The graphics do look good though.

I don't see how you came to that conclusion. If anything, it looks like it's going to introduce some newer concepts to the 3D Mario games.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they did run out of ideas; I definitely would have been drained if I've been thinking of new ideas for the past 26 years.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 03:50:28 PM »
Glitchy apparently never followed the media buildup to SMG2.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 03:32:17 AM »
If that tail doesn't mean a Tanooki suit, I will eat my hat.

Print