Print

Author Topic: 100 coins?  (Read 10083 times)

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« on: February 23, 2007, 09:26:02 AM »
Is it possible to get 100 coins in the levels like the Bowser or character unlocking levels of SM64DS?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 07:18:59 PM »
Probably. Bowser levels for sure, if you collect coins from Bowser's fire. There's a cool trick you can do with Yoshi for a lot of coins. Eat an enemy that would leave lots of coins when killed, then throw the egg somewhere that it'll hit many enemies in succession. For every enemy hit you'll get the amount of coins the enemy would have left. I say this because it'd be useful for coins with the Lakitu in Goomboss Battle.
In short: try.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 12:35:59 PM »
character unlocking levels of SM64DS?
I think I remember getting the coins (and a star) from those levels.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 02:49:57 PM »
Nah, I'm pretty sure you don't get a star for 100 coins in the character levels.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 01:11:30 AM »
uh yes you do. you can get 100 coins in any one of the levels. even final bowser
i like pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 01:27:55 AM »
Nah, I'm pretty sure you don't get a star for 100 coins in the character levels.
In the Bowser levels? Ye-no. No.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 11:40:56 PM »
hello bird dude ive gotten all the stars and i know that you can get 100 coins with everychar and you can get 100 coins on everylevel so shut your yap
i like pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 12:31:03 AM »
1. Stop spamming/flaming/whatever.
2. Get 100 coins, yes, but FOR A STAR? No.
It's YOUR problem!

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007, 09:31:49 AM »
It doesn't even matter now. I beat the game (not getting 100 coins on Bowser levels so Sora is lying) and already traded it in for Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2007, 01:57:33 PM »
Dude, that's a horrible trade! At least, for me....
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2007, 07:46:13 PM »
I'd agree. I mean, I haven't played MvDK2 (or 1) but SM64DS is WAY underrated for what it is. SM64 + 30 more stars (none of which are earned collecting 100 coins in Bowser/character key levels) + portability + Yoshi, Luigi & Wario + updated graphics = a pretty solid game.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2007, 07:50:32 PM »
SM64 + 30 more stars (none of which are earned collecting 100 coins in Bowser/character key levels) + portability + Yoshi, Luigi & Wario + updated graphics = a pretty solid game.

You forgot the killer minigames! I almost had more fun getting one thousand coins in Luigi's poker game than playing the actual game (SM64DS) itself. Almost.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2007, 08:21:22 PM »
The graphics (To me) are a bit... Pixalated, the grass in bob-omb battlefield just isn't as green. And alot of pixels are visible, but the models are really improved. (that darn fish was changed to an actual cheep-cheep) Also, I've noticed something strange, the Bowser model (which, in screenshots, looks awesome, like a GCN!) So that 3D model is pretty cool and such, but, the Bowser model on NSMB looks..... strangely similiar, it's looks really clean and pixalation free, just like the SM64DS model! Same thing for the giant cheep-cheeps look llike that "Cheep Chomp" from SM64DS. could It be that Nintendo used the same models for both games? Is that even possible? just a thought....
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2007, 08:48:20 PM »
Dude, that's a horrible trade! At least, for me....

Well, maybe; the only reasons I got it were I had fully completed SM64DS and because it was the only Mario game they had for DS that I haven't played (The others being MH3-3, and SPP). Besides, I got it used, so I can just take it back and get something else for equal value. I do it all the time! :D

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2007, 12:49:48 AM »
bobman: Ah yeah, those are good minigames... But too bad multiplayer doesn't come until NSMB.
SushieBoy: Exactly. But compare Mario's 3-D model from the original to the new one. More of what he looks like in more recent games. And they fixed his blinking problem, how nice. He runs more realistically too. Goombas look more like Goombas are supposed to. And of course 3-D models can be moved from game to game--Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask have the same thing going on. It saves time, keeps things consistent, I'd assume.
It's YOUR problem!

Print