Poll

Well do ya?

Yes
13 (72.2%)
No
5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Print

Author Topic: Do you find glitches that affect gameplay helpful?  (Read 9425 times)

Matty_G33

• Banned
« on: April 18, 2007, 07:26:15 PM »
Answer my poll, or reply and give out some reasons for something.
Yo, I'm Matty Underscore G Thirty-Three!
And I need a freaking clue...

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 11:36:28 PM »
Helpful? Sure. When I played Knights of the Old Republic II (a very glitchy game), the second time I went though it, I used glitches I had read about online. I found them to be very helpful, but in the end, I didn't quite feel as satisfied as when I didn't. Of course, on the second run-through, I was a Sith, and I didn't enjoy that much.

So, in closing, glitches that affect gameplay can be helpful, but not always satisfying.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 12:13:10 AM »
Missingno. Cloning. Then Ruby and Sapphire came with, like, no fun glitch-cheats. It all ended there.
That's a yes.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 02:04:16 AM »
Uhhhhh... no. I find glitches that affect gameplay to be messups in the game.

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 05:36:30 AM »
Probably not so much as helpful as I'd find them funny to pull off. Like all the stuff in SMB, like running on top of 1-4, except, I couldn't get down, and... actually beat the level. The spiral stair glitch in SM64 is helpful if I'm in a hurry I guess.
I'm a horrible person.

Matty_G33

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 08:35:31 PM »
The glitches actually help me in Metroid Prime Hunters, as SFing and Secret Worlds are pretty useful.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 02:05:26 AM »
The screen jumping glitch in Link's Awakening is awesome... can't recall any others that are particularly useful though.

Matty_G33

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 02:09:15 AM »
Is it performable on the DX version? (That one that had colour and that secret dungeon)

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2007, 02:27:38 AM »
Nope.

Matty_G33

• Banned
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2007, 04:52:56 AM »
Thanks for telling me.

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2007, 10:28:28 AM »
Meh... most of the glitches that affect gameplay are extremly anoying, but some can be really helpful. But... I just voted no.
Wheee...

Matty_G33

• Banned
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2007, 07:21:15 PM »
Glitching stuff is cool...especially the Metroid series' secret worlds...if I knew how to wall jump in M1...

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2007, 12:38:03 PM »
One name: Missingno.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2007, 01:36:04 PM »
The glitches actually help me in Metroid Prime Hunters, as SFing and Secret Worlds are pretty useful.
Glitches in MPH? Where? I must know!!!
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Matty_G33

• Banned
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2007, 11:43:48 PM »
Look in Supercheats.com, then look up MPH and there's a Glitch FAQ. Easy. You'll be amazed

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2007, 11:58:19 PM »
"Affect" is a pretty nebulous word.
That was a joke.

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2007, 07:55:50 AM »
Super Mario 64 backwards longjump.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2007, 08:04:14 PM »
Yeah, Super Mario 64 stair glitch, Super Mario Sunshine walk under water glitch(with Yoshi!), Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time infinite sword glitch and bombchu hover glitch, Fire Emblem the Sacred Stones enemy control and renew item glitch, Pokemon Red, Blue catch Mew glitch(yes, you can catch him without gameshark) and Missingno glitch.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2007, 08:54:54 PM »
Super Mario Sunshine walk under water glitch(with Yoshi!)

Say huh? How do you do that?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2007, 04:07:55 PM »
Okay, I'll tell you. Get Yoshi and go to the building left of where the Sirena Beach Pipe is (left from where you continue a saved file). Do a spin jump and then flutter jump a little bit after to go inside the building. When you're under Delfino Plaza, keep jumping or else you'll die. Triple jump when you go under where the pinball-like game entrance is (where you collect the red coins).

Okay, that was no good. I'll try a diagram:

------------------//////////O\\\\\\\\\\\-------------
O = Sirena Beach Pipe

Go to the -------- on the left and try to jump near the top of the building, but not on top of it and not on the side.

/////////////////////
---------------------           
Go inbetween the / and the -

Once you're under keep jumping, go to the water part of Delfino Plaza and Triple Jump. Careful not to get into any pipes. Please tell me if you don't understand.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 04:14:29 PM by Kimimaru »
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2007, 06:54:09 PM »
what...I don't quite understand. That'd be real helpful though. And also, one glitch that comes to mind that definitely helps is when trying to get Soda Lake in Mario World with Yoshi, if you fly up at the edge of the first platform, you actually travel through a saw without even losing Yoshi. Try the same thing at the end of the final long wooden platform and the same thing happens. Boom, you're at the final mushroom platform before you ditch Yoshi, and you dont even really deserve to be there.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2007, 08:22:07 AM »
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vWmZSUrMIIY

To get Yoshi under Delfino is kind of like jumping in the building that this person jumps into in the beginning of the video, except you do it with Yoshi. When you're under Isle Delfino, go to the ocean part and Triple Jump with Yoshi and you should be walking under water with him!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 08:32:47 AM by Kimimaru »

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2007, 12:49:59 PM »
Well, glitches that affect gameplay can be helpful, and I usually try them if I find them, but I usually accomplish what it does by myself already. For example, I get level ups myself before trying easy exp glitches in the Paper Mario Series.

Because it's like cheating to use it to beat the game on the first try. <_<
Fallen off the edge of a cliff.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2007, 09:51:16 PM »
Yeah, I also do something the normal way before doing the glitch on the first try. EXP glitches? I've never heard of those.

Fwirt

• Now in Cherry
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2007, 09:18:27 PM »
Uhhhhh... no. I find glitches that affect gameplay to be messups in the game.

Yeps.
"Say, you good at video games?  I'm not good at video games.  The last time I fired up one of my old Sega tapes it made me a waffle."

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2007, 08:08:37 PM »
I think I understand now, Kimimaru (after watching the video). With Yoshi, it's the same concept as what happened to Mario in the video, without the dying, right? :)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2007, 05:13:43 PM »
Yeah, also Triple Jump when you're under the water.

Print