Print

Author Topic: Beating Super Mario World 100%  (Read 10994 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2008, 05:28:20 PM »
I actually completed the entire game (including Dragon Coins) on the GBA version, but I did all but 13 exits with Luigi.  So I deleted that game and started a new one in which I made a point to have Mario and Luigi clear 48 exits each.  I hate being a perfectionist.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2008, 02:06:34 PM »
I'm still boggled as to why there is an unused(?) level space in Forest of Illusions.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2008, 02:49:28 PM »
If you mean that spot in the middle of the intersection, those extra pixels are probably just there to make it look more natural and less like a plus sign. Nothing ever appears there.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2008, 04:47:29 PM »
That's weird.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2008, 06:33:03 PM »
I always wondered what that island north of the Top Secret Area is for.  I've seen many a hack using that as a space for a fan-level.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2008, 08:51:35 PM »
I always wondered what that island north of the Top Secret Area is for.  I've seen many a hack using that as a space for a fan-level.

It's actually just there for decoration, I'm afraid. There is no level data that resides in that location.

EDIT: Oops, sorry. I just realized how big of a bump that was, lol.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2008, 04:10:51 PM »
There's a topic similar to this at
http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=thread&id=7887

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2008, 11:45:18 PM »
If you mean that spot in the middle of the intersection, those extra pixels are probably just there to make it look more natural and less like a plus sign. Nothing ever appears there.
It kinda bothered me how you couldn't make a 90-degree turn from one path onto another there...
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

Print