Print

Author Topic: Where in the Mario World is that 96th Goal?  (Read 10736 times)

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2002, 07:11:42 PM »
Ya, you have to play a level that saves (Donut Ghost House is a good one) And I bet it is thus one of the Normal Star Road exits. I mean, I played through the game today from empty file to 96 goal game... (Took bout 2 1/4 hours) Those make the most sense, as other exits change the landscape a little.

*My real signature went on strike, said something about "unfair working conditions". So, this is a temporary replacement sig, until I can work things out with the real sig.
~I.S.~

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2002, 07:20:26 PM »
Did you get soda lake?

Mario and Yoshi rule! The Nintendo Gamecube is the BEST Video Game System! X-Box is the worst!
Should I put something here?

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2002, 10:33:39 PM »
YES! w00t! w00t!

Finally! It was one of the Star exits (Prolly the first world as it's the one I would have skipped having known where the secret exit was.) and I finally got it!

Thanks guys!

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2002, 10:52:12 PM »
Well, now that I found Goal 96, is there something I should look for? Does anything happen? Or is it just a "Satisfaction" thing? Because I am finally satisfied that I got 100% out of my first SNES game.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2002, 06:29:35 PM »
Yep. I knew it was one of those all along. Good job!

Well, It is really just a satisfaction thing, but it is nice when you finally get it. I have played that game to the point (I mean for a loooooooong time) where I got 96 goals in ONE SITTING (empty file to 96 goals) and when I did it yesterday to see if I missed anything for your game (only the 2nd time though) and I didn't die until Valley of Bowser 2 (I got every goal in all the other 6 worlds) and it was in that cheapo sliding block area (you all know what I am talking about) but I had already gotten 1 exit. I think I got 70 of the exits or so without dying.

Well done!

*My real signature went on strike, said something about "unfair working conditions". So, this is a temporary replacement sig, until I can work things out with the real sig.
~I.S.~

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2002, 06:37:25 PM »
Well, even if I could get through the first 6 worlds without dying, I'd die many times when I reach the Special World. That darn forrest level gets me so much. Maybe I'll try it one day.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2002, 06:58:36 PM »
Well, I died a total of 5 times. 4 times in Valley of Bowser levels (Surprisingly, NOT in Valley Fortress... that is the one level I die in a lot. Plus, after the first one I completely lost my focus and made several stupid errors in later levels.) and once in Awesome after discovering I couldn't fly over the second half of the level. (D'oh!, I was in a hurry...)

And a challenge for you:

There is a level in SMW where there is (or potentally can be) a pipe that is 2/3 orange and 1/3 green. Name it.

~I.S.~

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2002, 07:03:53 PM »
Well, I died a total of 5 times. 4 times in Valley of Bowser levels (Surprisingly, NOT in Valley Fortress... that is the one level I die in a lot. Plus, after the first one I completely lost my focus and made several stupid errors in later levels.) and once in Awesome after discovering I couldn't fly over the second half of the level. (D'oh!, I was in a hurry...)

As for Outrageous (the forest level) You can just fly over it!!!!

And a challenge for you:

There is a level in SMW where there is (or potentally can be) a pipe that is 2/3 orange and 1/3 green. Name it.

~I.S.~

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2002, 07:16:53 PM »
Too easy. it's in the Bugs and Errors section. Donut Secret. Floaty place. Float up. Come down. pipes are different color.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2002, 08:02:31 PM »
Well, you obviously read the TMK site... ah well

My trivia forte is SMW2, not the original...

You know if it is possible to get the Valley of Bowser 4 key exit without Yoshi? Someone on the boards claims to be able to beat the game in all 96 goal without Yoshi, but I doubt that goal is achievable under those conditions.

~I.S.~

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2002, 10:12:50 AM »
That would be me. Isn't that key trapped in walls that only Yoshi can grab with his tongue. If it is, then D*MN IT, YOSHI!
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2002, 06:45:24 PM »
Heh. Did you know if you eat a "Digger Chuck's" rock, it'll give you a non-point value coin? Guess it's good if you're dying and need a few coins to get a new life.. Or something.

Oh, and BTW. You DO need Yoshi to get that key in Valley 4. Right before the end goal is a little boxed in key and a keyhole. oh well.

Don't blame Yoshi, blame Bowser for designing his underworld like that.

Edited by - Jasoco on 5/29/2002 5:49:41 PM

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2002, 06:49:43 PM »
Ah, congrats on gettin that **** 96th goal.

I'm still tearin out my hair tryin to find it!! I looked EVERYWHERE!!!! I think I better thouroughly re-search star world AGAIN!!!! ah [darnit]!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sors salutis
et virtutis
michi nunc contraria,
est affectus
et defectus
semper in angaria.
Hac in hora
sine mora
corde pulsum tangite;
quod per sortem
sternit fortem,
mecum omnes plangite!

I can get you the MARIO AND ZELDA CARTOONS!!!go to my "get the mario and zelda cartoons FREE!!!!" topic and request what episodes you want!!!

you really dont know, do you??

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2002, 06:53:16 PM »
Ah, That map Fifth posted really helped. If its 100% accurate, than it is somewhere on star road!

Sors salutis
et virtutis
michi nunc contraria,
est affectus
et defectus
semper in angaria.
Hac in hora
sine mora
corde pulsum tangite;
quod per sortem
sternit fortem,
mecum omnes plangite!

I can get you the MARIO AND ZELDA CARTOONS!!!go to my "get the mario and zelda cartoons FREE!!!!" topic and request what episodes you want!!!

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2002, 09:27:06 PM »
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! I finally nailed it!!! star world 4 I think it was. just did it 2 mins ago. YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Sors salutis
et virtutis
michi nunc contraria,
est affectus
et defectus
semper in angaria.
Hac in hora
sine mora
corde pulsum tangite;
quod per sortem
sternit fortem,
mecum omnes plangite!

Print