Print

Author Topic: Morton is missing!!!!  (Read 11281 times)

« on: February 07, 2005, 09:22:51 PM »
Actually I've recently purcased a used SMW game  (really it's quite hard to find them new:))... anyway get to playing it and I get to iggy's chamber and his teetering platform is missing! Iggy and mario are floating is SPACE! Okay... weird defeat the bugger anyway and onto the rest of the donut plains.... get to Morton's castle and Morton is missing altogether.... yet I still keep getting killed... he's there I can smell him....
But really ...WHERE is Morton? and How do I get him back?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 09:41:30 PM »
Something could be misaligned or disconnected inside the cartridge. Try cleaning the contacts for starters. Sounds like you got the wrong graphics offset in that place.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2005, 02:08:05 AM »
I have tried that.... still no Morton. Can there be a game cheat applied with a Genie that may have rendered certian graphics bye- bye? Are there any other solutions?

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2005, 03:53:35 PM »
........ Wow. That's cool. Or not, considering the lack of Morton...... Uh, I think you can return it with a description of the defect....... The sprites are probably overlapped or something. If they don't accept your return, then make a complaint letter...... that's always fun.

Blam this peice of garbage! .....Oops. Wrong site....
TMK fan since three years ago!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2005, 10:30:55 PM »
Hast thee learned naught from thy "Current Events" incident, Master Mario? Methinks you hast not! (Medieval accent thrown in for drama)

"Milk with the chocolate is the finest occurence involving the farming of dairy."
- Ian "Suffix" (and that accent again)

Edited by - Suffix on 2/9/2005 8:41:37 PM

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2005, 11:12:28 PM »
SIDE NOTE: It should be "hast thou" and "methinks thou hast not", I'm pretty sure.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2005, 11:22:56 PM »
You caught me.friggin'.friggin'.friggin'.friggin'. (Puts "friggin'" in between my dots) I'm addicted to dot dot dotting...... I can't help it!

Blam this peice of garbage! .....Oops. Wrong site....
TMK fan since three years ago!

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2005, 07:37:40 AM »
?????????
Methinksa there's a relationship between someone here and comic-book guy... either you're really cool and no-one knows it.... or you've lost me.
So What you are trying to tell me is that...
Morton is gone forever???? It seems as though a different site at a different time had a little more encouraging information rather than the DOOM! DOOM! DOOM!

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2005, 02:49:34 PM »
Matt sweney, that name sounds familiar, do you live in lower New York?

O world-egg, hear me.
I am Horus of millions of years.
I am lord and master of the throne
Freed from evil, I traverse the ages
and spaces that are endless.
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2005, 05:32:16 PM »
Well... the story behind the Matt Sweeney is that there are many, many of us in the world...
Look at Arachnaphobia the movie... the special effects guy was a Matt Sweeney.... it is also a Great pick up line at a bar..." Have you seen Matt'S weeney?"   Why just the other day I was at the bank and some guy in front of me was also named Matt Sweeney... it was creepy... Seeing myself shorter and zittier... So any clues as how to get My Morton back?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2005, 09:39:47 PM »
Beyond cleaning the contacts, buying a new cartridge.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2005, 11:45:27 PM »
There's a Matt Sweeney at my school too... @_@

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2005, 02:02:29 PM »
I hope the new cartridge thing works...

oh, that's right they don't make them new anymore...

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2005, 03:26:31 PM »
Wait....
Morton's one of the ones who climbs up the wall, right?

Morton and the platform....
Well, this doesn't help solve the problem, but it seems to have something to do with the parts of the game with scaling/rotating effects.

Hm.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2005, 11:03:28 AM »
Well you can jump around periodically and Mortons movements are very predictable.
Wait a few seconds for him to climb the wall and the ceiling. If you time it well, you can run out of the way and just stomp where you were standing, but it will take many tries.
----------------------------

Super Mario Bad Influence Feb 05: Encourages children to eat wild mushrooms in hopes of becoming super.

Print