Print

Author Topic: Morton is missing!!!!  (Read 11154 times)

« on: February 07, 2005, 09:22:51 PM »
Actually I've recently purcased a used SMW game  (really it's quite hard to find them new:))... anyway get to playing it and I get to iggy's chamber and his teetering platform is missing! Iggy and mario are floating is SPACE! Okay... weird defeat the bugger anyway and onto the rest of the donut plains.... get to Morton's castle and Morton is missing altogether.... yet I still keep getting killed... he's there I can smell him....
But really ...WHERE is Morton? and How do I get him back?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 09:41:30 PM »
Something could be misaligned or disconnected inside the cartridge. Try cleaning the contacts for starters. Sounds like you got the wrong graphics offset in that place.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2005, 02:08:05 AM »
I have tried that.... still no Morton. Can there be a game cheat applied with a Genie that may have rendered certian graphics bye- bye? Are there any other solutions?

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2005, 03:53:35 PM »
........ Wow. That's cool. Or not, considering the lack of Morton...... Uh, I think you can return it with a description of the defect....... The sprites are probably overlapped or something. If they don't accept your return, then make a complaint letter...... that's always fun.

Blam this peice of garbage! .....Oops. Wrong site....
TMK fan since three years ago!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2005, 10:30:55 PM »
Hast thee learned naught from thy "Current Events" incident, Master Mario? Methinks you hast not! (Medieval accent thrown in for drama)

"Milk with the chocolate is the finest occurence involving the farming of dairy."
- Ian "Suffix" (and that accent again)

Edited by - Suffix on 2/9/2005 8:41:37 PM

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2005, 11:12:28 PM »
SIDE NOTE: It should be "hast thou" and "methinks thou hast not", I'm pretty sure.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2005, 11:22:56 PM »
You caught me.friggin'.friggin'.friggin'.friggin'. (Puts "friggin'" in between my dots) I'm addicted to dot dot dotting...... I can't help it!

Blam this peice of garbage! .....Oops. Wrong site....
TMK fan since three years ago!

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2005, 07:37:40 AM »
?????????
Methinksa there's a relationship between someone here and comic-book guy... either you're really cool and no-one knows it.... or you've lost me.
So What you are trying to tell me is that...
Morton is gone forever???? It seems as though a different site at a different time had a little more encouraging information rather than the DOOM! DOOM! DOOM!

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2005, 02:49:34 PM »
Matt sweney, that name sounds familiar, do you live in lower New York?

O world-egg, hear me.
I am Horus of millions of years.
I am lord and master of the throne
Freed from evil, I traverse the ages
and spaces that are endless.
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2005, 05:32:16 PM »
Well... the story behind the Matt Sweeney is that there are many, many of us in the world...
Look at Arachnaphobia the movie... the special effects guy was a Matt Sweeney.... it is also a Great pick up line at a bar..." Have you seen Matt'S weeney?"   Why just the other day I was at the bank and some guy in front of me was also named Matt Sweeney... it was creepy... Seeing myself shorter and zittier... So any clues as how to get My Morton back?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2005, 09:39:47 PM »
Beyond cleaning the contacts, buying a new cartridge.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2005, 11:45:27 PM »
There's a Matt Sweeney at my school too... @_@

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2005, 02:02:29 PM »
I hope the new cartridge thing works...

oh, that's right they don't make them new anymore...

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2005, 03:26:31 PM »
Wait....
Morton's one of the ones who climbs up the wall, right?

Morton and the platform....
Well, this doesn't help solve the problem, but it seems to have something to do with the parts of the game with scaling/rotating effects.

Hm.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2005, 11:03:28 AM »
Well you can jump around periodically and Mortons movements are very predictable.
Wait a few seconds for him to climb the wall and the ceiling. If you time it well, you can run out of the way and just stomp where you were standing, but it will take many tries.
----------------------------

Super Mario Bad Influence Feb 05: Encourages children to eat wild mushrooms in hopes of becoming super.

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2005, 09:51:46 PM »
You might be able to find a new cartridge on this site:

http://half.ebay.com
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2005, 07:09:58 AM »
If you'd go trough the secret goal from Donut plains 1, To the water level, then to the ghost house and from there to star road. It would make possible to go to Bowser's castle without killing any boss. With the bug you have, it could be possible to make Bowser disappear! (Because of the rotating effect on his clown copter)

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2005, 07:56:40 PM »
Not that this really matters, but I do believe Morton doesn't climb walls or fall down on you. That would be Roy... And some other guy that isn't Morton. Morton spits fire at you, and when you stomp on him, he retracts into his shell and spins about on the floor, in an attempt to run you over. He pops up; repeat the process.

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2005, 09:53:27 PM »
Suffix, the one you are describing is Ludwig (Castle #4). Morton (Castle #2) does climb up walls and fall down like Roy.

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2005, 12:33:54 AM »
Iggy: Dancing on the platform over the lava.
Morton: Climbing up the walls
Lemmy: Coming up and down from the pipes.
Ludwig: Shoots fireballs at you.
Roy: Same as Morton,just the room gets smaller ans smaller.
Wendy: Same as Lemmy,just more fireballs in the room.
Larry: Same as Iggy,just more fireballs.

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2005, 11:39:43 AM »
let's see... it's the second castle... and he's invisible so how can I tell what he's doing?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2005, 05:10:47 PM »
 Do'h! You're night, ne89! What was I thinking?! That's Ludwig. Morton's the guy with the steel cap thing.

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2005, 09:41:35 PM »
Actually, I was the one who said that. And no offense or anything, but you made a funny typo in your post too. :D

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2005, 10:11:18 PM »
BTW, I lied, his name isn't Matt Sweeney.

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2005, 10:36:39 PM »
Hey... On a somewhat related topic, I got SMA3 from EB games. It was "new", except there was no shrink wrap. When I got to Naval Piranha, I didn't know how to kill him, and I think I hit him in the back of the head with an egg or something... His head sank into the water and never came out! The other little heads were still there, and all I could do was reset or die.It never happened again, though.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2005, 10:37:42 PM »
Hey... On a somewhat related topic, I got SMA3 from EB games. It was "new", except there was no shrink wrap. When I got to Naval Piranha, I didn't know how to kill him, and I think I hit him in the back of the head with an egg or something... His head sank into the water and never came out! The other little heads were still there, and all I could do was reset or die.It never happened again, though.

A bird can fly... But a fly can't bird!!!
It's YOUR problem!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2005, 10:38:54 PM »

It's YOUR problem!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2005, 10:41:30 PM »

It's YOUR problem!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2005, 10:44:12 PM »

It's YOUR problem!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2005, 10:49:59 PM »
Hey... On a somewhat related topic, I got SMA3. When I got to Naval Piranha, I didn't know how to kill him, and I think I hit him in the back of the head with an egg or something... His head sank into the water and never came out! The other little heads were still there, and all I could do was reset or die.It never happened again, though.
It's YOUR problem!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2005, 11:00:31 PM »
When I got to Naval Piranha on SMA3, I didn't know how to kill him, and I think I hit him in the back of the head with an egg or something... His head sank into the water and never came out! The other little heads were still there, and all I could do was reset or die.It never happened again, though.
It's YOUR problem!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2005, 11:05:30 PM »
When I got to Naval Piranha on SMA3, I think I hit him in the back of the head with an egg or something... His head sank into the water and never came out! The other little heads were still there, and all I could do was reset or die.It never happened again.
It's YOUR problem!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2005, 07:47:29 PM »
That wasn't supposed to happen. The thingy said my message wouldn't send, so I kept trying to send again. Sorry.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2005, 08:02:16 PM »
Do you know the 1-hit kill trick on Naval Pirahna, Bird Person?

Hey- you got the same message, Bird Person? I got it too, but I went back to the previous page, refreshed it, and my message appeared!

Edited by - No-One on Whichever day that happens to be convenient for me at Whatever time I feel like it.

Edited by - Luigi Simpson on 4/9/2005 7:03:31 PM
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2005, 01:25:12 AM »
Clean the cartige...i think it helps.
RS rules, SR rules.

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2005, 07:10:36 AM »
Just keep jumping up and down. Oherwise you'll have to get a new cartrige. Maybe you can commplain to Nintendo's costomer service and they might send you a new one.

« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2005, 09:10:45 PM »
He got the game used. Nintendo wouldn't just give him a new one.

Ever notice how the name "Playstation" sounds more kiddy than "Gamecube" or "Nintendo 64"?

« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2005, 01:05:47 AM »
I suggest that you don't sell it just yet. Stuff like that can end up being very valuable, so you might want to wait for a good oportunity. Also, if you can't beat Morton, there is a PAR code that allows you to beat levels without reaching the goals (it is used to get to the Test level), and use that to get past. You will probably want to document every problem that you find in the cartrige, so that the person you sell it to knows what they are getting.

TEH EDIT: In fact, go buy some rom dumping software, and dump it, because I want a look ^.^

Edited by - Kuroneko on 8/8/2005 9:00:15 AM

« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2005, 05:43:37 PM »
You could always try to find another used copy of super mario world(try e-bay.com or amazon.com for starters)Trust me,because I got mine used about 10 years ago,and it has worked ever since.

(YOUR NAME HERE)
I see poop.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2005, 02:45:32 PM »
Yeah, but you know... Money doesn't grow on trees... (Seriously, it's 25% linen and 75% cotton. No paper is involved) So try selling the defective one. You did and you got ripped off, so why not spread the misery around?

You''re not the boss of me, Carson Daly! Get off me! -Andy Milonakis
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2005, 09:08:11 PM »
how about you just randomly jump? You'll hit him eventually. Maybe you should get a fire flower and shoot the direction the firballs hit mortan. You can trangulate his position like that

« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2005, 06:59:47 PM »
Bird Person needs to get a job(i know i'm speaking for myself).

(YOUR NAME HERE)

I see poop.

Print