Print

Author Topic: Okay, it needs to be official.  (Read 10774 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« on: September 14, 2005, 11:07:17 PM »
You CAN get a Mew through a harmless glitch in Red and Blue! Requirements: you canNOT have beaten the gambler outside the underground entrance on the route west of Lavender or the kid north of cerulean with the slowpoke.

Exit the underground exit. take one step south and immediately open the start menu before the gambler can walk to you. Fly to cerulean. Beat the kid with the slowpoke & fly to Lavender. Walk onto the route where the gambler is and your start menu will automatically open. Press b and the Mew will appear.

There are further effects I've found when I forgot to avoid the kid with the slowpoke: each trainer you beat when you escape from the gambler seems to be "represented" by a pokemon, and that kid just happened to be mew. All appear when you fly to lavender and go to that route. And, if you fly from the gambler to lavender and go to that route, the people there don't talk or notice you.

My friend John: Wow! I can see my own breath! It''s already that time of year?
Me: No. Your breath just smells. Really bad.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 06:37:57 PM »
Is it true, Bird Person? I need to see proof, cause I've already fought the stupid guy w/ the Slowpoke and the Gambler. Oh well, even though I'll never get Mew, at least I lived an old memory again. Thanks.

I have the body of a God! Unfortunately, it''s Buddah.

Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 07:02:38 PM »
 I call shenanigans.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2005, 07:16:04 PM »
No, it's real.  I've done it too, but I restarted the game because I figured I wasn't being unfair to the AI.

Red Paratroopa would probably say it's better to just use the Gameshark code.  I don't speak for him, though.

“Of all the people I know, it is expected that Watoad will say ‘cheese’ first.”
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2005, 08:17:55 PM »
Heh, I've heard of this, and I found a savestate online that places you right at the spot where you start. I did it on an emulator, but I have yet to get out my cartridge, and do it there.

EDIT: I am pretty sure that there is a complete chart for this glitch at GameFAQs, including what pokemon you can get out of it, and exactly how to do it with what people. You can even get MissingNo, "M", and other odd things.

Edited by - Kuroneko on 9/15/2005 7:20:36 PM

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2005, 07:31:47 AM »
I got Mew, and Mewtwo, on my Blue version, but I left it in my cousin's house all the way in Canada.

I''m not always who I am but I am what I say I am!
Most Wishy-Washy

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2005, 03:40:55 PM »
Does it work in Yellow version?

Naruto, Code:Lyoko, Zatch Bell, Bomberman, and Mario Pwns.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2005, 06:01:37 PM »
I don't know. I also don't know if Missingno is on yellow... I'm guessing it was maybe removed. (I'm also guessing it's not on Fire Red or Leaf Green :P)
I'd get a picture, but I don't have a GB emulator.

(Parentheses are cool.) "Quotation marks are cool." "Punctuation. (is?) cool!"
It's YOUR problem!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2005, 08:05:46 PM »
Up! To! The highest height-- Wait, what? Oh, right.

This won't work in LeafGreen or FireRed becuase of the new placement of those two people. Sorry.

Edited by - Suffix on 10/4/2005 7:06:40 PM

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2005, 07:02:19 PM »
Well, I was getting at the fact that Nintendo fixes these glitches when the game gets remade, but ok Suffix. They can do that too.

It''s in a better place, Strong Bad. Or rather, it''s in the same place but now it''s got a big hole through it.

It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2005, 01:55:15 PM »
I love glitches.

Naruto, Code:Lyoko, Zatch Bell, Bomberman, and Mario Pwns.

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2005, 12:55:01 AM »
But, whatever you do, everyone, don't catch Missingno or M., because they'll ruin your game. However, if you encounter them, they'll duplicate the sixth item in your bag by some crazy amount. There's also another city that some people call Sunny City or Glitch City. This is the Wikipedia link.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glitch_City
Please don't hold me liable if you erase your 151-Pokemon file trying to reach this City, and never save inside, or your game is as good as erased anyway.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2005, 08:41:10 AM »
There is a fun trick with MissingNo. Put a candy bar as your sixth item in your bag. See MN, then RUN. You shall see that you have way more candy bars then you did last time! Time to add EXP!! And wityh this trick, I hear that you can make level 100+ pokemon.
Anyway, if you DO catch missingno, it will turn into a kangaskan.

I have this weird glitch. (All true, really) I was playing my gold version, and all of a sudden, in the multiplayer lounge in the health places, the game froze. When I restarted, the Ho-HO on the title screen went from a shadow to it's color! (Before, it was dark, you couldn't see what it was, then it was visible!) When I went back to the MP, I had ro fight a guy with a butterfree that had it's health go accross the screen.
Most Wishy-Washy

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2005, 01:48:34 PM »
What's weird on Pokemon red or blue was that one pokemon that looks like a totem pole that has 0 HP so he's invinsible for some strange reason. Has anyone else gotten him? I don't even remember how I got it.
Eeew...smells like NirvanaKid.

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2005, 12:57:45 AM »
I think that's Missingno. Wow. This reminds me of all the hundreds of Bogus pokemon cheats that were all over the internet at the height of it's popularity.
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2005, 10:15:36 PM »
Bogus Pokemon are much more interesting than many of the authentic ones, in my opinion.

Another Fun Fact About R/B/Y:

If you go up against Missingno, it can use Water Gun heaps of times- more than Water Gun's PP allows it to. That's because Missingno, upon being caught, has Water Gun down twice! However, there are several Missingno glitches, causing many different effects.

Yet Another Fun Fact:

Using a Gameshark, you can change your version- for example, you can get Pokemon from Blue in Red.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2005, 11:11:02 PM »
Catching it = not good. Using it to get infinite Rare Candies, master balls and TMs = good. Only, don't use it to multiply fossils. Yeah, you can get 100+ Aerodactyl but then what? Is it worth the time? Not only that but you can only deposit 1 key item into the computer at once.

Missingno Cheat in all its glory: Talk to the man in Viridian and let him teach you to catch pokemon. Fly to Cinnabar Island. Surf along the edge, half on land and half in water. You'll find Missingno or M in no time. Also, you may find pokemon in the last area you visited, allowing you to use Master Balls on Safari Zone pokemon. Sometimes, level 126 Starmie or Golduck appear as well. Leveling them up takes them down to 100. Don't catch Missingno. The stuff's all true. I don't remember exactly what happens if you do, but I remember catching it and having to start a new game. My Hall of Fame doesn't work anymore... I don't know if that's just because I performed the glitch or if it's because I caught it on a previous file.
There is a fun trick with MissingNo. Put a candy bar as your sixth item in your bag. See MN, then RUN. You shall see that you have way more candy bars then you did last time! Time to add EXP!! And wityh this trick, I hear that you can make level 100+ pokemon.

I have this weird glitch. (All true, really) I was playing my gold version, and all of a sudden, in the multiplayer lounge in the health places, the game froze. When I restarted, the Ho-HO on the title screen went from a shadow to it's color! (Before, it was dark, you couldn't see what it was, then it was visible!) When I went back to the MP, I had ro fight a guy with a butterfree that had it's health go accross the screen.

The title screen glitch happened to me after the game froze and I reset. It freezes a lot...
I think that's Missingno. Wow. This reminds me of all the hundreds of Bogus pokemon cheats that were all over the internet at the height of it's popularity.
Some bogus cheats include getting Mew instead of Mewtwo at the end for nicknaming your starter Mew. One even said you could get Yoshi instead of Mewtwo. If you think that's stupid... I even read one to replace Mewtwo with SPONGEBOB. Not only is that copyright-illogical, but Spongebob was invented in 1999, a year or so after pokemon was made. 
« Last Edit: November 25, 2005, 11:12:43 PM by Bird Person »
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2005, 11:23:57 PM »
I just accomplished somthing really, really cool in Red! I caught a new Pokemon! I got a screenshot: http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/3844/spongebob0wf.png

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2005, 12:41:45 PM »
WOAH! Cool! And you even changed the font! HOW did you do that?!
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2005, 11:04:53 PM »
Well, the font changed after I caught a new evolution of Pikachu: 'Sometimesstupidbutsometimescutebutshockingandpowerfullittlemouserodentthingythatforsomereasonisyellowachu', and then- yeah, I'm going to go to a new city I found. There's also another Gym Leader! :)

And, I've beaten the Gym Leader as well! He's kind of easy, except he has a Mew... and I went up against him with a Level 99 Venomoth... I destroyed him. Here's the proof:
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/9872/leadermario0eu.jpg
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 12:12:28 AM by Luigi Simpson »

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2005, 03:11:10 PM »
I'm a bt confused, partially because I own no Pokemon games. Isn't this the Game Help section of the Super Mario Games section? Or am I being too controlling here?
---Mario and Sonic shall clash together soon. Be on the lookout.---

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2005, 05:59:08 PM »
^You're right, how can anything non-Mario be in this section?
Though, I find some fake cheats to be hilarious, really (especially the one about Lickitung evolving into Luigi) :rotflmao

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2005, 06:17:44 PM »
It doesn't have to be a Mario game. Most of the topics here end up being about Mario games because, well... It's a Mario forum. But people here play other video games too, so why not ask for help?
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2005, 07:42:20 PM »
The description for this section says "Stuck in a Mario game?" not "Stuck in any game?"
This section, as you should know (but I feel like having to remind people), falls under "Super Mario Games" category

Fungi Forums  |  Super Mario games  |  Game help

ottermi619,
Do I take things too literally? Or am I trying to stick with the guidelines?

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2005, 07:48:13 PM »

That's why all my Pokemon in Blue are level 100. It's the best glitch ever.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2005, 07:56:47 PM »
^ I once had all L100 team (before I gave my games up to GameStop). I used MegaBrain to lower their EXP and level all the way down to L1, then raise levels the hard way (the way you're suppose to do it!)

Dude677- when you said "Candy Bar" did you mean "Rare Candy"?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 07:58:29 PM by ottermi619 »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2005, 08:07:16 PM »
Lower their levels? What?
It's YOUR problem!

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2005, 05:05:57 PM »
I don't know, Bird Person, but I used to like Pokemon, and I read somewhere that there is a cheat to play Gold version on your Red/Blue version. (It's probably fake.) I really like the truck thing. Another thing, is it true that you can find a Goldeen w/ a truck key and then drive around in it? Nope, it must be fake, but its funny!
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2005, 06:13:17 PM »
The truck is there, but it doesn't do anything. An alternative to "dying to get off the ship after you've got cut so the ship doesn't leave" is "trade a pokemon with cut so you don't have to get on the ship at all!"
It's YOUR problem!

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2005, 05:51:29 PM »
What about Missingnos and M blocks? What are they for? I heard they were for tests to test the game's Pokemon encounters, which could explain the random Pokemon noises and evolving. Yes, it is Missingno. "M" block is the one with the M. I don't like the Snorlaxes at 150 something, because they can destroy me with one hyper beam. And, the lower the level of Missingno and M block, the stronger, especially at Lv. 0.

« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2005, 05:59:20 PM »
Missingno (and 'M') just are there for little other purpose than to royally screw up your Elite 4 Hall of Fame, by writing directly to your save file. After I encountered it for the first time, then went to check the Hall of Fame, I noticed *everything* was screwed over.

-ottermi619-
When I play Red/Blue in Stadium's Game Boy Tower and invoke Missingno, the status bar says "Saving" or something like that. That's how I know it illegally accesses the save file and damages the Hall of Fame entries.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 08:31:50 PM by ottermi619 »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2005, 06:08:51 PM »
Err... any particular reason you put your own name as if you were talking to yourself?
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2005, 01:41:50 AM »
And now, a chapter of my life...

I was playing Emerald, trying to catch Latios. I'd just beaten the Elite 4, but hadn't yet been to the Battle Frontier. I looked on my computer to go into the Storage system, only to find that there was a Hall of Fame option! Upon entering it, it said; "The Hall of Fame data is corrupted." To this day, I don't know why- because my game erased itself.

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2005, 08:12:03 PM »
Err... any particular reason you put your own name as if you were talking to yourself?
I call it 'signing off' my post

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2005, 09:22:09 PM »
Does anyone remember the Cloud World cheat?

Print