Miscellaneous > Fan Creations

Crash! Bang! Super Mario Madness!

(1/4) > >>

Super Mario:
Lakitu's voice rang out across the multitudes of cheering Kart fans, setting them into an excited frenzy...

"This is it, folks! The final race, the one you all really came to see! The grande finale! The one all you Goombas, Koopas, Toads, and other such Mushroom Kingdom lifeforms will be glued in your very seats for!--that is, if you don't decide to stand and cheer for your favorite team."

Peach clasped her hands in front of herself, looking down to the racetrack from her Royal Balcony seat, "Oh, I hope Mario wins. He has a lot of trophies already, but I told him I'd bake him a cake if he did--that's why he's really racing."

Daisy giggled, "You bake enough cakes for Mario to feed the Goomba family that lives near me. How do you find the time for it? What with all the parties, golfing, tennis..."

Princess Toadstool shrugged, "The Castle kitchen staff helps out sometimes."

Toadsworth piped in from nearby, stepping to the front of the booth, speaking from behind his mustache, "Ah, Master Mario is racing for the challenge of it, the excitement, as is Master Luigi... and don't be so modest, Your Highness. You achieve a lot for one who's close-to-most often pasttime is getting captured."

Peach frowned, "I just get captured so Mario can come save me..."

The three of them, along with other Castle-dwelling Toads, all laughed at this; it was a beautiful, sunny day in the Mushroom Kingdom, as if the Shine Sprites had decided to give the sun to all of the Kingdom, not just Isle Delfino. The only clouds were sparse, large and fluffy-white, probably because of the random Nimbus people peppered throughout the stadium audience.

Out on the track, though, tensions were high...

Mario looked over his shoulder to Luigi, his younger brother, "This is it, bro, the final race."

Luigi nodded lightly, tightening his hold on the back of the Kart a bit, "You think we can-a do it?"

Mario turned his head to look to the other two teams; Bowser and his belligerent offspring, and the Bros.' archtypes, Wario and Waluigi... it would be a tricky, dangerous race. Mario turned back to Luigi,

"I think we can do it, we've-a bested them before. After all, we are the...

...Super Mario Brothers!" They concluded together.

Lakitu's voice rang out again, "Allllllllllllllllllllright, folks! The race is starting! Each team must make their way fairly around the track 3 times, and be the first to cross the Finish line, to win that Golden Trophy!"

Bowser snarled, looking over to Mario, "You're both going down, chumps! I'll squash you and those purple-prancin' wannabes!"

Wario snarled, and Waluigi chimed in, "Hey, spikey! Who're you-a callin' wannabes?! You're about to find a Bob-omb shoved right--" ...Waluigi trailed off, muttering the rest of his boastful obscenity. Bowser simply sneered, looking ahead again, growling under his fiery breath, "Morons..."

Three... Two... One...

GO!!!!

The feet hit the pedals, and all three teams started off, the Mario Bros. medium-weight Kart pulling ahead of the heavier Karts of their opponents. Dirt shot up from the tires, giving way to a rising cloud of dust that settled over the Karts.

The Mario Brothers quite quickly pulled ahead, being the lightest of the three teams, Wario and Waluigi behind them, followed by Bowser and Bowser Junior. As Mario and Luigi surely had the most fans in the audience, a cheer filled the air from the stadiums, many Koopas and Toads standing to cheer for their favorite Kingdom-saving plumbers.

Bowser rammed the Wa- Bros. hard, his big spiked Kart knocking theirs towards a wall, but they drifted back in towards the center of the track, hitting an Item block and obtaining a Red Shell.

"This'll show that big turtle to throw his weight around!" Waluigi sneered, whipping the Red Shell forward... it spun, and collided with Bowser's Kart, sending him and Bowser Junior spinning around and into the sand at the side of the track.

Meanwhile, Mario and Luigi had gained a substantial lead; Luigi checked over his shoulder one more time, and then switched with Mario, continuing to barrel ahead, now onto the second lap.

The Koopa King snarled, "Those tricksters are low. Let's see them avoid this..."

Switching places with Bowser Junior, and letting his son drive, Bowser took up the Item Wielder's position, waiting for a moment before unleashing his massive spiked shell onto the track.

The ginormous shell of spiked'ness went careening down the track, skimming into Wario and Waluigi's purple kart and knocking it into the Start/Finish line post, and continued on towards the Mario Brothers.

Mario looked over his shoulder, "Oh no! Luigi, step on it! That shell's-a comin' fast!" Luigi sped up as well as he could, bumping a curb... the shell missed them, but rammed furlong into the stadium wall, quaking it and snapping part of the foundation.

As Mario and Luigi came skidding to an alarmed stopped, they watched the stadium begin to tremor and shake, and the area supporting a formidable group of Bob-Ombs fell forward, releasing the explosive patrons onto the track.

Bowser raises his clawed fist in triumph, taking over for his son again, speeding forward with no heed to the bomb field ahead. As Mario pulled out, Bowser blindsided him, and the two of them went spinning into the bombs...

You can imagine the EXPLOSION. I mean... that's one big BOOM!

Princess Peach and Princess Daisy started down from their Royal seats, moving towards the track, horrified; were Mario and Luigi okay? Who would finish the race? What about all the hurt Bob-ombs?

But as the smoke settled... all that was left were the randomly felled Bob-ombs. No burning tires, twisted metal, torn green or red fabric. It was as if Mario, Luigi, Bowser, and Bowser Junior had simply disappeared in the explosion.

Peach raised her gloved hands to her face, "Oh no... what happened?"

Toadsworth frowned, flustered, "That... that makes no sense! There would be body part--I mean..."

Peach turned around and began to fight back her tears, but just then Daisy pointed, "Look!"

They all looked, and look they did; within the center of the Bob-omb carnage, a swirling portal was closing, as if it were a tear in Time or Universal balance; Mario, Luigi, and the Koopas must have been sucked into it! But where did it lead...?

~~~

Luigi wearily opened his eyes, looking up at a black ceiling through blurred vision, his hat lying partially over his face... he heard the groan of Mario, and sat up, his head pounding with pain, "Wh... where are we?"

.. .. .. To be continued, of course .. .. ..

What does everyone think so far? I'd enjoy feedback.

See how the mustache hides the slightly sad smile... and the sideburns, portraying his simple, blue-collar roots... and his legs, thick, wide, the legs of the masses!Edited by - Super Mario on 12/29/2003 2:49:11 PM

Markio:
Heh heh... ginormous...

I''m the "trick" in "eccentric".

Screech:
"A ginormous weidr lookin' planet thing..."

Cool story! Someone's addicted to Double Dash.

"Walk softly and carry a Super Scope."

Super Mario:
After enough time collecting himself, Luigi got dizzily to his feet, brushing a few particles of dust from his dark denim overalls...

"M-m-mario?" He stammered.

No reply. Not a sound, besides his own breathing. Luigi frowned... it seemed as if there had been others there a moment ago. But what had happened to them after the explosion...? He remembered falling through what seemed to be a rip in the air... ...was he dead?

Luigi headed blindly through the darkness, reaching gloved palms out before himself, slightly frustrated with the overall nonsense of the entire situation. His hands eventually bumped a mossy wall, as though he were underground. The green-clad plumber felt along it, guiding himself as best he could, the light pat of his worn brown shoes echoing around him, as though he were deep beneath the surface, underground.

After what seemed like hours of such hopeless wandering, (though it was only a few minutes; Luigi's just impatient sometimes), his hands bumped something solid, a metallic 'clink' resounding as this occured.

"Mm..." Luigi frowned, "What's-a this? Feels like... aha! It is a door!" He cheered, fumbling for the heavy handle and pulling, yanking the door open, squinting his sky blue eyes as light hit them.

Luigi held his hand before himself, to block the light from his eyes, wincing some, but heading forward, finding himself walking up a slightly-steep, mossy slope, his eyes adjusting, but nothing important yet revealed; a gray sky overhead... not much promise in that.

Luigi Mario reached the top of the incline, looking around himself; where was he?? The land seemed to stretch on forever in front of him, yet it was as if he were in the very corner of the land, as off behind him stretched a vast, gray void, instilling a dread in Luigi and causing him to move away from it slightly, stepping onto the sandy ground.

Gusts of wind blew him, causing a few restrained shivers... he was outside now, but it appeared there was only one way to go... towards the center of this place, which seemed to appear in the endless distance, behind a few high dunes.

Looking up, Luigi stifled a fearful yelp, which otherwise would have been drawn out by a powerful thunder clap, which resonated through the dull red sky. What place was this?

"Mama.. mia.. where am I? Whoever did the landscaping on this place was a few Mushrooms short of a Kingdom!"

He sighed, unsure where he was, why he was here, or where Mario, Bowser, and Bowser Jr. had disappeared to. All Luigi knew was that there was one, only one direction to head in right now... and so he did.

*** To Be Continued! *** (soon)

Mario`s adventure is over for now, but,

Mario`s dream lives forever...

Dream on, Mario... dream on.

Super Mario:
Mario pushed and pushed upon the heavy door, feeling something upon it gradually give, and with one final 'umph,' managed to swing the door open, light shining in on him, emerging into a desolate desert.

He narrowed his eyes, his mouth frowning below his bushy mustache, looking around as his eyes adjusted...

"Where in-a the world am I?" He commented idly, knowing he would receive no answer.

Mario turned to look around himself; the place he had emerged from was gone, swallowed into an endless wall of gray, which loomed behind him, stretching out in two directions along a defined edge of the land, as if he were in a large box...

Mario frowned, turning back towards the endless desert dunes, "Guess there's only one way to go."

Walking wasn't hard, but there was nothing to do; just walk on and on over the sand, not even sparse grass or shrubbery here, just endless whipping sand and continually stormy red skies, which seemed to clear just a bit on the horizon, as if something important was there; ...or, Mario hoped so, anyway.

After what could have been a day of walking, or it might have been midnight in the Mushroom Kingdom, (it was impossible to tell; there was no daytime or nightime here), Mario reached the top of a particularly tall dune.

His blue eyes widened, as he looked down it, watching as it sloped into what appeared to be an oasis crater, the sand forming into lush greenery and grass.

Mario stepped back; it faded, as if impossible to see until at a certain part on the dune. He stepped forward again, lost his footing...

"Ahhh! Wooooow whoooa!"

... and went a-tumbling down the dune, into the green grass, landing on his read, his hat falling to the ground beside him. Only now did he notice the most interesting feature of this whole thing...

Within its center was a tall, ornamental white tower, cylinder-shaped and solid, pushing out from the sand and extending up through the sparser clouds, beyond where anyone could see it. Around it was a pool of crystalline water. It was large enough for Wario to stand inside, but appeared too smooth to be scaled. It was fitted with a ring of empty sockets.

Mario got up, grabbing his cap and heading over to the ivory tower,

"What is this thing?"

A gruff voice came from around the Tower, and Bowser lumbered into view, Bowser Junior trailing at his side, holding a ripped piece of paper, which he had apparently pulled from the Tower,

"It says... Welcome to the Ivory Tower! And nothing else."

Bowser didn't seem surprised to see Mario, but Mario stared at Bowser in disbelief.

"Why so surprised, plumber? You know better than anyone else that you always show up to ruin whatever I'm doing!"

The Koopa King laughed with little enthusiasm, patting the Tower, as if it were his simply because he 'discovered it' first. But Mario wasn't given the chance to answer, as a certain brother of his called out from some distance,

"Maaaaario!"

Mario spun, in shock, watching his green-clad younger sibling head down one of the surrounding dunes towards Bowser, Bowser Jr. and himself...

"Heeeey, Luigi! How'd-a you get here?"

But Bowser Jr. piped in matter-of-factly, emerging from around Bowser's side,

"Isn't it obvious, Stupio? We were all transported here from the race, made our way to this Ivory Tower thingamajig... only thing I don't get is... what for?"

The three of them stood bewildered, turning their attention to the looming Tower. The water around it sat undisturbed, crystal clear and perfect. It was almost as if something glittered within it...

Mario looked to Bowser, frowning some...

"How do I-a know you're not gonna' attack Luigi and I as soon as our backs are turned?"

Bowser scoffed, "Don't flatter yourself; I'd rather save my own shell before I worry about you two. Besides, what good would beating you here do me? No one is here to see me humiliate you!" Nefarious as it was, it rang with earnest truth.

Luigi frowned, kneeling near the water like a man of forensics...

"Maybe... it has-a something to do with this water? It looks like there's something in it... eh, well, either way, I'm really thirsty."

Mario chimed in quickly, "Wait just a minute, bro... there's-a something strange about that water."

Indeed, something was strange about it... but what?

Find out next time! For now, tell me... what do you think of it? Shall Mario, Luigi, and the Koopa Klan discover the Mystery of the Ivory Tower??

Mario`s adventure is over for now, but,

Mario`s dream lives forever...

Dream on, Mario... dream on.
Edited by - Super Mario on 1/16/2004 2:25:57 PM

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version