Print

Author Topic: logging in from another computer  (Read 7976 times)

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« on: August 12, 2008, 10:33:30 AM »
I have a question.  I went on a vacation recently but before I left I logged out of the FF.  When I tried to log in on another computer where I was as soon as I clicked "enter fungi forums" it said "Sorry guest, you are banned from this forum!"!!  I didn't understand it because that computer had never even visited the fungi forums before and it was already banned!  Then I tried another computer that had never visited tmk before and it said the exact same thing!!  The only computer I can use to get here is the one I registered on!  I would like a little help if I could get it please.
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 11:14:19 AM »
lol
"it's always the present"

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 11:16:40 AM »
It was most likely related to IP addresses. I can't explain it very well, but a similar thing happens to me occasionally when visiting another site.

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 11:19:36 AM »
lol

He asks for help and you laugh at him?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 11:59:50 AM »
I do know what an IP adress is but I am still a little confused why that would prevent someone from accessing the forums.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 12:05:20 PM »
Like I said, I can't explain it well, but people with dynamic (changing) IPs have been banned repeatedly in the past, and now people that are currently using those are suffering for it. I believe another member was unable to access the forums for a long time due to his IP changing to a banned one.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 01:51:40 PM »
He asks for help and you laugh at him?
lolol

btw I thought it was funny because a) he was banned and was asking why he couldn't log on b) the problem is obviously solved, because he just posted and c)I'm pretty sure it's the username that gets banned, and not the IP.

EDIT: oh wait
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 02:12:24 PM by Shyguy92 »

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 02:40:43 PM »
You have a strange sense of humor if you thought any of that was funny.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2008, 03:00:19 PM »
I didn't understand what he said

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2008, 06:27:27 AM »
Ok I see.  So Deezer only intended us to log onto one computer when we want to get on here so thats why he put the thread topic to let everyone know if your going on vacation cause if you use a desktop (like me) then you'll have to wait until you get back to start using your account again!  It makes perfect sense!

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2008, 08:37:05 AM »
No.
With many ISPs, everytime you connect to the internet, you get a different ip address. Apparently, somebody got banned, and the computers you were using happened to get the ip address that was banned.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2008, 11:41:41 AM »
You always have to crash my big relization, don't you. :(

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2008, 01:51:58 PM »
After all these big realizations crashed, it's no wonder you're addicted to mushrooms.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2008, 04:48:50 PM »
I hear ya.  Your just feeding logs to the fire buddy.  Just wait until I save the future of TMK.  Then you'll see.... :)

Print