Print

Author Topic: Waiting for Deezer to update Fan Art section....  (Read 13870 times)

« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2003, 12:05:00 PM »
Did you see them on my website? 'Cause if not, someone is stealing my thoughts or my pictures... I sue! I sue!
More shtick than you can shake a stick at.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2003, 12:16:05 PM »
Yeah... It was probably your website.  That would make sense, wouldn't it?

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2003, 01:12:49 PM »
The main trick I've learned to draw Mario characters is to look at the renders (like in instruction manuals, Nintendo Power, or online) and try to get the image in proportion to what they look like. It makes all the difference in the world while looking at a pic (even though not necessarily copying it.)
Just last year I used to only be okay at drawing them, but now I've actually (nearly) perfected them! Yay! Some actually look like they could be renders!  :)

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2003, 02:27:54 PM »
Yes.... I guess drawing imaginary characters is a bit easier. I mean, even if you mess up really badly, you can say something like: "My style is quite different that most people" and people wouldn't care.

I should try it sometime. Maybe. If all my judgmental shallow classmates stop caring about what you do with your life I WOULD try it.

Congratulations! You have just been blessed by the wisdom of Steve.
~I.S.~

« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2003, 04:06:49 PM »
I think its good to have an original style! Take Toasy 64's style of drawing the Mario characters, which have the giant(sometimes, in my opinion, almost too large) anime style eyes. I go more for the traditional Mario look.
More shtick than you can shake a stick at.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2003, 06:46:56 PM »
I just finished drawing another picture. I'm so happy with it! ^_^ It's of Yoshi. He's so cute! ^_^
BTW, by what I meant earlier is that renders of the characters can help you get a better perception of them at different angles. Although sometimes copying renders is okay, I prefer originality (which is what usually I try to do.) Although I may not have a 'style', I do try to make the characters as realistic (if that's the right word to use) as possible to their appearance.

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.

Edited by - Sapphira on 4/13/2003 5:52:14 PM
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2003, 08:43:02 PM »
"Faithful," perhaps?
That's what I try to do as well.

You can be silent and let the world think you are a fool, or you can open your mouth and remove all doubt.
That was a joke.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2003, 12:43:15 PM »
I just finished another picture! (Wow, not having anything to do really brings out my creative side! lol) This one's of Daisy. I think she looks a bit too realistic/non-cartoony, though. But I think it turned out really nicely.

--------------------

« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2003, 12:36:17 AM »
I could draw loads of pictures of the fan art section,but i havent got a printer!

Im all screwed up.No,my life hasnt gone wrong,i''ve just held a screw attack item for more than 30 seconds!
Find your inner monkey.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2003, 12:43:44 PM »
Go figure. You don't have a printer, I don't have a scanner. Sigh... Wait, I didn't think you needed a printer to get fanart up. Do you?

--------------------

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2003, 12:20:28 AM »
No.
That was a joke.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2003, 07:30:02 PM »
And the true irony is, I'm too lazy to do fan art, and I have a printer, copier, and scanner!

Of course, I scanned a level of Lemmings I drew to test it.... and the scanner came out kind of blocky. Ah well.

Still, someday I'm going to learn how to draw Mario characters. Eventually.

Congratulations! You have just been blessed by the wisdom of Steve.
~I.S.~

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2003, 08:10:40 PM »
Well, all it takes is lots and lots of practice, and of course determination and obsession. (Well, in order to get REALLY REALLY good.) I've been drawing Nintendo characters ohhh....I think since about 4th grade... age 9. I'll be 17 in September, and I STILL could improve. (Not to brag, but I'm *almost* perfect at it. Now if only I could draw without visual aid...)  ;)

--------------------

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2003, 09:36:25 PM »
If I try without looking at a piece of production art, Mario (or whoever) comes out all out of proportion and it looks terrible.
That was a joke.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2003, 09:41:12 PM »
That's what happened to me until about...last summer, I think. Then again, as I said, keep practicing; you'll get it eventually. (I was THRILLED when I finally was able to get characters to look accurate and in proportion.)  :)

--------------------

Print