Print

Author Topic: Enough is Enough!  (Read 12364 times)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2004, 07:18:02 PM »
TTR? That's you? I thought you would post as "Tony."

"i screwed up the forums 10 months ago, me Teen Titan Raven."

No, no, it was A LOT less time ago. It was more like almost 2 months, I believe. Oh well, if you start acting better, more people will show you respect (with the exception of Meowrik >:P). I was showing you respect when you first came here, and I still do, as long as you act right.

Do you ever get so mad that you hit something, then when you hit whatever you were gonna hit, it hurts making you even MORE mad?
Formerly quite reasonable.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2004, 07:38:05 PM »
SIGH

Each letter, a new thread. All in the past month, all on the sub-forum I moderate.

TO paraphrase some Halloween episode of The Simpsons: Urge to leave... rising...

~I.S.~

~I.S.~

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2004, 07:56:01 PM »
Wow, it's Teen Titan Raven.

Good to see you're not crazy anymore.

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2004, 09:41:55 PM »
I still don't think things at time=now are any worse than at any other time=C. So I don't get why Steve wants to leave now unless he can only hold so much badness and has reached critical fullness.

Me, I look at the derivative of badness.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2004, 10:05:52 PM »
You honestly think that the boards had the same amount of idiocy a few months ago as it does today?

I've seen a CONSIDERABLE increase in unconducive behaviors in these forums over the past few months. Remember: I made a new thread. How often do I do that?

All I'm saying is that there are plenty of:

1: Threads which just ASK for flame wars, and
2 (Even worse): Threads which start out as good discussion threads, and then one out of line comment turns it into a spamhole.

These things, along with an increase in overall problems which lead to flaming, seem to be the cause of the increased proportion of problems that I've seen over the past couple months. Maybe you don't think so; I certainly believe there to be more problems in the forums.

And I'm not leaving for now; all I'm saying is that if the trends continue I won't like going to these boards anymore (And in about a month, I'll have joined 2 years ago) and I'll likely not post, only coming to clean up the General Chat board.

PS: A bit off topic, but this is the first and thus far only thread of mine with 4 pages. I know of one with 45 posts (For three FULL pages), but this is the first to exceed the 3.

~I.S.~
~I.S.~

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2004, 10:48:29 PM »
Insane Steve, you have good points, but the question of the whole point of this thread is:

How are we all going to fix this mess of idiocy?

Do you ever get so mad that you hit something, then when you hit whatever you were gonna hit, it hurts making you even MORE mad?
Formerly quite reasonable.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2004, 10:50:20 PM »
I believe the forums are simply in a depression. Wait until summer. Seems to me, there's more activity then, hence more (hopefully) intelligent posts.

The Andorian Mining Consortium runs from no one.
That was a joke.

« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2004, 11:24:59 PM »
Summer seems like the time when less people would come here, I'm not going to go online more than once or twice a week. It's sunny here for once, I look forward to being able to go outside and remain realatively warm and un-rained upon.
Let me away from this boulder!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2004, 08:49:38 PM »
Hmm, that's right. I was tired when I wrote that.
Still, I still say the same thing: Wait until Summer.
Less idiots then. Only the people who actually care about the board will stick around.
That was a joke.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2004, 09:23:20 PM »
Good way of looking at it, Chupperson.

Print