Print

Author Topic: Memories  (Read 9605 times)

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2005, 09:16:41 PM »
I remember the "Story about us: Herbal Essnces not included" story.  All in all, it was pretty cool, although I can't stand how I posted that ineloquent drab about me liking trees or something.  Lizard Dude did his best to cover it up by saying a passing monkey was... passing, but I still feel stupid for writing that, it was like a feeble attempt at writing well, when in reality I could have done a LOT better than that.  *phew* good to get that off my chest.

I remember getting one thousand posts and then two thousand posts.  I believe it's about twenty to three thousand now.

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2005, 11:23:19 PM »
I remember first writing to the Mailbag. My grammar wasn't great, I signed my name with a lowercase v, and I am pretty sure I have made David go insane after sending too many. I was 12 at the time, saying I was 13, to make myself sound older (which, I think know, was very stupid).

A little later, I joined the forums, hung around for a month or so, and then leaving for a year or so to work at another forum. I came back after a few very bad people basically vandalized the forum and targetted me as being uptight and not being able to take a joke, even though I was one of the nicest people there and smiled at all friendly insults. I had gotten very close to banning them, but the other staff didn't want me to because our regular member count was low (less than 6 regulars). I still think it was a pretty stupid move on their part, because the few bad people were the reason why no one was coming. Banning them could have been the best possible option.....Anyway....

I came back, saw that #tmk was open, and thought "This looks like a nice place". There, I met Sapphira, Meowrik, and a few other people. I remember seeing Chupperson around the forum, and he was one of the people who was very nice to me when I first entered.

I then came back to the forum after finding my password, and here I am today.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2005, 11:58:33 PM »
 Thank you for reminding me, Vidgmchtr! I forgot to thank good ol' Deezer for helping me with my hidden account. A year before I used it, I created it, with a password I couldn't remember. Thanks to Deezer, I was able to recreate it, and jump into a forum, something that I had never, never done before.

And look at me now! I have a basic knowledge of HTML, and a self-proclaimed Master's degree in "Mariology."

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2005, 11:31:55 PM »
I was using the search to look at old stories, and I found something that I had forgotten.

A poster named ==Dark Link== started up an RPG clan that was SUPER popular for about two weeks.
I miss that.

"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2005, 12:12:08 AM »
Umm... so, was Jon Hater banned? I know it's off topic, but I just need to know.

Nachos make me macho,
Berries make me merry,
If you want me to stop,
Too bad. (Raspberry)
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2005, 05:10:48 PM »
I think I signed up RIGHT before Steve did. And right after the The_Millionaire, who packed up and left to TUNMB(the forum where we lost a ton of our active members to) after only a short time.

I also remember steeing up countless forum games, none of which were successful except for the Coin Rush Duel game.

And now I have a new, more fitting signature for myself!

If you want to point out my mistakes, don''t think I won''t point out EVERY SINGLE ONE of yours.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2005, 06:06:39 PM »
Is it just me or did it just get a lot phatter in here. That is what I miss the most.

Push Button...
Receive Bacon! ®
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2005, 11:02:53 AM »
I can remember joining my first RPs/Storyboards.And someone tried to include Sonic and Knuckles, but the next posted made it Wario and Waluigi dressed up as them, to try to trick Mario and Luigi. Or something. It was quite funny then.

I also remember trying to make myself seem like I was vet, even when I was only around for a few months. I was 12, what can I say?

I also remember a few names, but it doesn't seem like they're here anymore.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2005, 12:52:45 AM »
Well, for some reason when I edited my hellaciously long post, 3/4 OF IT GOT DELETED!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT ELSE CAN GO WRONG TODAY.....

Anyway, I'm not writing it again.

All I can say now is I remember virtually everything everyone has talked about in this thread so far (which is reminding me of how I, and of course, others, have helped spark ideas of, encourage ideas, etc.)

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH STUPID EDITING HOW THE POOP DID IT ALL MESS UP?!?!?!?!?

*cries forever* Man, I worked hard on that post...

''THIS IS MY PHONE!
I AM ON THE PHONE!'' ~Jon

Edited by - Trainman on 3/21/2005 10:58:08 PM
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2005, 09:51:06 PM »
Oh, and in case you were wondering, my first post is in this topic:

http://www.classicgaming.com/tmk/board/topic.asp?topic_id=77337&forum_id=500&Topic_Title=why+does+Australia+get+games+last&forum_title=&M=0&S=True

It''''s funny until someone gets hurt. Then it gets hilarious!
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2005, 04:57:01 PM »
i'm right here

just stopping in for my once in a blue moon visit.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2005, 04:58:57 PM »
That's great, Meowrik.

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2005, 11:17:55 AM »
even tough i was evil to him, gawd, i miss mariofan7.

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2005, 11:33:30 AM »
Hey, I've got a few questions to ask about this site.  First, who was Sadib and what did he do?  Second, who made up that hilarious word Dukar?  Who was that man?  I'd sure like to shake their hand.

The first time I posted here was I think in L.D.'s topic about who were the newest members.  Luigison said something about not being in the "flow" of the forums and then I joked about jumping in the flow and swimming upstream.  I said and did a lot of really dumb stuff back then and some of it resulted in my feelings getting mashed, and I hated that.  But I learned my lesson and now I try to be friendly and not too much of an idiot.

I kind of miss Things that Drive You Nuts and Bored, but some of the new ones that come in are cool too.  Be sure to join me in my topic Roller Coaster Tycoons so we can all talk about our favorite roller coasters! (sorry to advertise again but I just don't want to lose it)

Trainman: My sympathy for you.  That has happened way to much for me at bad times.  Now I make sure to copy everything I type before I post it just in case something like that happens.

If this post is edited, as it probably is, you may be wondering why.  Well let me tell you.  Each of YR’s posts are carefully revised and polished over and over to give you, the reader, the most enjoyable and entertaining material possible.  With his posts you have his own personal guarantee that they are of high quality, contain well-thought out wording, and most likely have a bit of humorous content to keep you interested.  That, my friend, is the Yoshisaurus difference.

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 6/11/2005 10:35:10 AM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2005, 02:59:38 PM »
Sadib100 was an underage member who was a bit rebellious and didn't know when to stop insulting people, although most people don't.  He was banned, but didn't want to leave, but unfortunately each of his new accounts were banned.  He went to some other forum and they made an anti-TMK topic that probably has died by now.  His story is sad, except he wasn't very nice, so I don't fell as sorry for him as I do other things(Why did Leatherhead have to be abandoned? *sobs*)

Lizard Dude's friends accidentally made up the word Dukar by saying it in the bathroom once; I believe his words were, "I really have to go take a big dukar!".  So Lizard Dude and friends discussed this among themselves until they used it without more discussion and just ...used it.  Lizard Dude spread it to here, and continues to use it throughout his daily life.  He resides in Montana, with his beautiful wife, Sharon, who doesn't exist, but was necessary to mention in order to make this sound like some weird bio on Lizard Dude.

Thank you for visting my world, come again ... Now entering reality, welcome back.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Print