Print

Author Topic: Project Café  (Read 13242 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2011, 07:57:41 AM »
I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2011, 08:39:12 AM »
...?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2011, 01:16:52 PM »
Quote from: Coolio McAwesome
I decided to look at every single registered domain that started with "nintendo". After five minutes of extensive research, I can say with almost 100% certainty that Nintendo's console will be called the Beem.

Just look at the evidence:

NINTENDOBEEM.COM
- Registered on May 24, 2011 through the same company that registered NINTENDOWII.COM and NINTENDO3DS.COM. This was registered nearly a year before any of the next-gen speculation began.

NINTENDOBEEEM.COM
NINTENDOBEAM.COM
- Registered on May 28, 2011 through two differed registrars. This obviously isn't just a coincidence.

NINTENDOBEEMSTORE.COM
NINTENDOBEEMSHOP.COM
NINTENDOBEEMGAMES.COM
- All registered on June 1, 2011.

Also, the domain BEEM.COM was apparently purchased on January 31 for $136,000. Nobody's going to drop that kind of money on a domain name unless they have a vested interest in the name.
http://wii2blog.com/could-beem-be-project-cafes-real-name/

When you look at the evidence, Beem is the only name tha really seems to make sense.

∃EEM <- anyone know a unicode or font to make the "M" look like a rotated "E"?

Edit:  Oh well, that was fun.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 01:28:41 PM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2011, 01:57:49 PM »

Eh, I don't know. It doesn't really look enough like text at a quick glance. An average person who looks at it will see some squareish threes before they see a word, even if it's only for a split second, and I have a hard time seeing Nintendo doing something like that. Maybe it just needs more revision, but you'd think they'd have a pretty finalized logo by now. And the story on wii2blog for how that guy found the logo is rather dubious anyway. But it's possible that he just made that part up to co-opt the broader "Beem" speculation that other people had already done.

I do like it better than "Stream", though.

Also,
Quote from: Coolio McAwesome
NINTENDOBEEM.COM
- Registered on May 24, 2011 through the same company that registered NINTENDOWII.COM and NINTENDO3DS.COM. This was registered nearly a year before any of the next-gen speculation began.
Huh?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 02:01:20 PM by CrossEyed7 »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print