Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1707710 times)

« Reply #6945 on: September 27, 2010, 04:12:35 PM »
Toad, I give you and your family my condolences.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #6946 on: September 27, 2010, 06:50:08 PM »
Everything else in this thread is mere peanuts compared to what Toad is experiencing.

Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #6947 on: September 27, 2010, 08:08:27 PM »
I don't think locking the thread and creating a seperate one is the answer. Maybe one could be for trivial things and one for.. tremendous things.

I didn't mean to be such a downer. I had to talk about it somewhere. I hope I haven't caused too much pain or discomfort to anybody else..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #6948 on: September 28, 2010, 11:04:56 AM »
Toad you're ruined this illustrious and intellectually engaging thread forever. [darn]ation and curses upon you, sir.

« Reply #6949 on: September 28, 2010, 11:32:28 AM »
My condolences to you and your family, Toad. I am so sorry for your loss.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #6950 on: September 28, 2010, 04:35:23 PM »
This is one of those times when I have no idea what to say, and so I usually end up not saying anything. But I have to say something, even if all I say is that I'm hugging you through the internet, Toad.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #6951 on: September 28, 2010, 04:48:16 PM »
This is one of those times when I have no idea what to say, and so I usually end up not saying anything.
This is the problem I've been going back and forth about with myself.  I suppose I'm afraid of seeming insensitive or looking like a jerk, but... this isn't really about me.

Just know that you're in my prayers, man.  I'm very sorry to hear about it.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #6952 on: September 28, 2010, 09:44:09 PM »
Toad you're ruined this illustrious and intellectually engaging thread forever. [darn]ation and curses upon you, sir.

Very funny.

My condolences to you and your family, Toad. I am so sorry for your loss.

This is one of those times when I have no idea what to say, and so I usually end up not saying anything. But I have to say something, even if all I say is that I'm hugging you through the internet, Toad.

This is the problem I've been going back and forth about with myself.  I suppose I'm afraid of seeming insensitive or looking like a jerk, but... this isn't really about me.

Just know that you're in my prayers, man.  I'm very sorry to hear about it.

Thank you. I've been saying it to a lot of people, but I do appreciate it. :)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #6953 on: September 30, 2010, 10:10:55 PM »

I don't even know.

I wanna ask about it, but at the same time I'm not sure I should.

and TEM: the true troll.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 10:22:01 PM by Trainman »
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #6954 on: October 01, 2010, 10:32:06 AM »
ASk about it? You mean, what happened to Max..? I'll send you a message maybe, unless everybody would like to know. I won't go into extreme detail..

Edit: Here is the story of what happened on Sunday. It should be known that my son has/had an extensive medical history (which I won't get into here)..

Long story relativley short, he had a very high fever on Sunday morning(105.5) and whenever he gets really sick, we are supposed to take him to Little Rock (Arkansas Children's Hospital). We started down the road, and sometime before Exit 74, his breathing started getting very shallow and Nicky called 911.

They told us to put on our emergency flashers and meet them at Exit 65. We did that and I started flying down the highway. A bit before we reached the exit, he stopped breathing completely. Nicky started doing cpr and trying to breath for him and I had to weave in bewtween traffic.

We made it to the exit where an ambulance was waiting. they started doing cpr also and put a breathing machine down his throat. A second amblunace came and took him to the White County Hospital, and we followed a first responder there.

They worked on him for about 10 minutes, but around 12:08 they pronounced him dead.

It's so ironic in a way: the twins had their 18 month shots on Friday, and that is also when the doctor gave us a heart to heart about being prepared for something like this. Kids like Max don't tend to have long lives anyway, but ti was still a shock.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 10:29:34 PM by Toad »

« Reply #6955 on: October 01, 2010, 10:32:44 PM »
Hmm.. It won't let me edit again for some reason. Trainman: I want to apologize for the joke about 1-Up Mushrooms that I made ages ago when your friend (relative?) passed. It was wrong and out of place.

« Reply #6956 on: October 01, 2010, 10:44:50 PM »
You're a strong person for being able to talk about it, Toad. Peace be with you and your family.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #6957 on: October 02, 2010, 12:26:39 AM »
You're a strong person for being able to talk about it, Toad.
I agree.

I'm lost for words as well. I'm never comfortable with people talking about loved ones passing away to other people online, but I understand that something this tragic isn't easy to keep to yourself. Toad, my sincerest condolences to you and your family during this hard time.
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #6958 on: October 02, 2010, 06:59:23 PM »
Hmm.. It won't let me edit again for some reason. Trainman: I want to apologize for the joke about 1-Up Mushrooms that I made ages ago when your friend (relative?) passed. It was wrong and out of place.

It was a relative, and nah, it was fine. I wasn't offended.
Formerly quite reasonable.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #6959 on: October 03, 2010, 01:47:22 PM »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print