Print

Author Topic: Food to Fungi  (Read 3833 times)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« on: February 20, 2007, 09:32:05 PM »
EDIT: I've found a name for this story.  If the title doesn't make sense, it's because it was the only catchy alliteration that I could find appropriate for this story.  Lack of feedback can really kill a story.  I had nearly forgotten this.  Because Area 64 asked what happened to this story, I'll try to revive it.

Once upon a time, there lived a peach and a pizza in the Refrigerator Kingdom.  The peach and pizza loved each other very much.  The peach was always getting kidnapped by a jar of pickled herring.  The pizza would throw his spicy, hot pepperoni at the fiendish herring and get his beloved fruit back for his rich, brown crust to wrap around.  On the night before their expiration dates, the three foods made a simple wish: to live longer lives; to become animate creatures.

The next morning, the pizza woke up to a new environment.  His beloved peach wasn't by his side.  He jumped--wait!  He jumped! (so high that his head hit the ceiling)  Pizzas don't jump!  In fact, he felt limbs that pizzas don't have.  He had appendages!  He hopped out of his bed (an actual bed, not a pizza box!), and walked, surprisingly well, to a nearby mirror.  The pizza was shocked at what he saw: rich, uncombed, curly brown hair, a full, bushy, black mustache, two sparkling, blue eyes, two round ears, a mouth, human skin tone, and a button round nose!  He couldn't call himself a pizza anymore.  A meatball, perhaps, since he found that had he had a belly round as one, but no, he was human!  What should he call himself?  On his bed stand he noticed a red hat with a 'M' etched above the bill.  He put the hat on, and chimed "It's-a me, Mario!"
But what about my darling peach, Mario thought.  Was her wish granted?  Before he could think anymore of the matter, a slightly taller, thinner human in green clothing walked into our hero's room.  "Are you just gonna stare at your reflection all morning and let your breakfast go cold?  That's not like the brother I know."
Brother?  The red hero stared at this new person.  The human shared a deep resemblance to our hero.  His hat had a 'L' etched above the bill, his mustache was shaped slightly differently, and his disposition was a little more lanky, but Mario could tell that this was his...
"Little Brother!" Mario embraced his brother.  "I thought the people ate you up!"
"What are you talking about, Mario?" the taller human shoved his older brother off.  "Get your coffee in before you speak any more nonsense!  I swear, you're always delirious when you're hungry!"
Mario felt his abdomen area rumble.  Was that the hunger sensation?  The thought of eating food, at first, felt cannibalistic to our hero, but he realized that humans needed food in order to survive.  He was no longer a pizza.  Was his wish actually granted or was this the foods' afterlife?

To be continued

EDIT2: connected the first two chapters into one chapter.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 06:01:19 PM by Kojinka »
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 05:39:39 PM »
Chapter 2
The peach woke up only to find that her Italian lover was not by her side.  Instead of waking up to the familiar, comforting coldness of her refrigerated realm, she found herself in a dark room full of a foreboding, insanely warm air.  Everything, except her bed and a nearby door, was stone.  Despite the warm temperature, the room felt cold; a cruel, lonely sort of cold.
"Are you awake yet, my dear?" a malevolent voice growled.  The door's creaky hinges squealed against each other.  Into the room stepped a horrifyingly magnificent, reptilian creature.  His shell was covered with spikes.  A spiked collar sported his neck and spiked bracelets circled his scaly wrists.  "My, my," he said, walking up to the citric delight.  "Look at yourself!  You're even more beautiful than you were as a fruit!"  He handed a mirror to our heroine.
"Wait a moment!" she said.  "How do you know..." before she finished her question, she looked into the mirror that the creature held in front of her.  She saw the image of a beautiful young woman looking at her.  Out of shock, she grabbed the mirror for closer inspection of the image that shared her shocked expression.  The woman's sapphire blue eyes blinked when our heroine blinked.  She looked down from the mirror, and found a white gloved hand resting on a lap covered with an elegant, poofy, two-tone pink dress.  Our heroine looked back to the mirror.  The woman ran her white gloved fingers through her golden locks the same way our heroine further tested her mobility.  "Is that really me?" she asked herself in disbelief.
"I'll give you some time to let all of this soak in.  If you need me, call for yours truly, King Bowser Koopa."  The spiky creature was about to turn his heel toward the door until our heroine piped in.
"So, you're the pickled herring?" she asked.
"You're a quick learner, Princess Toadstool," Bowser chuckled darkly from his deep throat.  "Can you figure everything else out?"  With that, he exited the princess's chambers and locked the door behind him.
Princess Toadstool covered her face, forcing herself to hide her tears of fright.  She was longing for the protective cheese coating of her lover... if he was blessed with an animate body like she and the pickled herring had been.  If he did, would she recognize him?  What would he look like?

To be continued

note: concerning my first post, feed back is not required, but it is encouraged.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 06:01:28 PM by Kojinka »
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 05:45:07 PM »
Ooh... intriguing... I wonder what'll happen to Mario and Peach...

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 06:01:47 PM »
Huh... kinda... weird. But, okay. Pizza is tasty. *gobbles up Mario* Heh... *burp*
Wheee...

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 06:07:10 PM »
It was meant to be weird.  It originated from the Super Mario: The False Story Behind the True Story thread.

(Actually, Luigi was the one that got gobbled up by humans)
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 06:16:02 PM »
Oh, well... *gobbles up Luigi* Happy now? Ahh! HOT! HOT!! GREEN PEPPER'd PIZZA!
Wheee...

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 06:23:50 PM »
Yet you could handle Mario's red peppers? :P  Now excuse me while I brainstorm the next chapter while rearranging some panels in the Garfield Randomizer. :)
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2007, 06:22:34 AM »
Garfield Randomizer? Wazzat? some new program to make Garfield comics?
Wheee...

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 05:54:11 PM »
So... is the next chapter ready yet?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 11:17:04 PM »
It's started, but my niece has a birthday party tomorrow.  I think I'll be able to get some more of the chapter done on the 4 hour drive to my sister's house.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2007, 08:41:46 PM »
Chapter 3

Our red clad hero has reunited with his brother.  Normally, he would be overwhelmed with joy had it not been for a question burning inside of him; would he be able to find the peach to whom he was so passionately dedicated?  Mario would have to plot his course of action after breakfast.  The thought of eating still irked him somewhat, but he could no longer ignore the tingling pangs in his stomach.  He followed his little brother's lead out of the room.  Once they entered the kitchen, a sudden crash sounded from the outside, followed by an animal-like “Ooowww-ow-ow-ow-ow!”

“Yoshi must’ve been digging in the garbage again,” the green brother sighed.  “Better check on him, Mario.”

“Right,” Mario nodded.  He pulled open the sliding door in the kitchen that supposedly led to the back yard.

At the edge of the patio, Mario saw a green dinosaur-like creature, with brownish red boots and a red, shell-like saddle on its back, struggling with an old tire around its neck.  “Mario!  Luigi!  Anyone!  Help!” It cried in the human tongue.  It tried shoving the tire off with its arms and hind feet.  “Hrrrrrrggghh!” it grunted.

Mario rushed toward the trapped creature.  “Hold on!”  Mario cried.  He paid no heed to the fact that the creature had just spoken.  He gripped onto the lip of the tire, placed one foot on the wooden fence that separated their property from that of the neighbors.  “Okay,” Mario instructed.  “Keep pushing with your arms and legs.”   Mario pulled as hard as he could, but not so hard that the creature would get hurt.  He pulled, and he pulled; the creature pushed and pushed, but the tire would not budge.  “Urrrg!  Work with me, tire!” Mario grunted.  Eventually, his grip failed him.  His hands slipped from the tire.  The force of the throwback caused our hero to perform a backward somersault.

An image flashed in our hero’s mind; it was him and his brother back in their pizza days.  The top of their box read ‘Mario and Luigi’s Pizza Pad’.  He remembered that he and his brother were nicknamed Mario and Luigi back in the Refrigerator Kingdom.

Mario hoisted himself from his face down position on the ground.  He was not going to give up on the poor creature, but he could not do this alone.  He turned his head toward the house, and called out for his brother.
“What’s going on, Mario?” Luigi asked.  The green clad brother saw the green dinosaur trapped in the old tire.  “What the?” he gasped.  “Hold on, Yoshi!  I‘ll be right back.”  Luigi ran into the storage shed by the house.   “Okay, where is it?  Hmm… no; no; how did that get in in here?   Bingo!”  Luigi sprang out of the shed with a big pair of hedge clippers in his hands.

“Don’t tell me you’re gonna cut its head off!” Mario gasped.

Luigi glared at his big brother.  “Just hold the tire down for me, and stop sounding like Wario.”

‘Who?’ Mario thought.  But he followed his brother’s orders and held the tire down.

Luigi positioned the hedge clippers’ blades on the lip of the tire.  Yoshi moved his head and neck near Mario, away from the clippers.  Mario finally understood what Luigi was trying to do with the hedge clippers.  Luigi pushed the handles together with all his might.  The clippers finally cut through the tire rubber after ten seconds.  The process repeated itself until the two cut-off ends met, and Luigi was able to lift the top half the tire for an opening for Yoshi to slide his neck through.

Yoshi graciously licked Mario and Luigi with his long tongue.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 08:43:02 PM by Kojinka »
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Print