Print

Author Topic: Toad in need of a spin-off?  (Read 5892 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: May 23, 2007, 09:39:56 PM »

IGN's Top Ten Tuesday is usually nothing than a glorified countdown list, but from time to time they do offer food for though. Take, for example, yesterday's, where they listed the top ten characters that needed their own videogame title. From a roster of sidekicks and forgotten heroes to notable antagonist and Wookie lovers, Mario's very own Toad was recognized as being overlooked. The state the obvious: every Mario hero has been honored with their own game except Toad.The piece they write is just fluff, and nothing really is mentioned to justify their choice (other than his smiling face), but this does raise a good topic: Does Toad deserve his own game? If so, what kind of adventure would it be, and what would his moveset be? Heck, write a fan-fiction on the proper board and I'll make sure to highlight in a future post (other goodies need to be run by the boss-mans, but I'll see what I can do).

In case no one steps up to the plate, I'll put my two cents in: I think a game with Toad could, in theory, work. He'd need a stealth like game, because Toad's not a big guy, and probably couldn't take on Koopa's army one-on-one. I'd imagine it as a campy version of Splinter Cell, or Metal Gear. I know, that's probably a bad way to put what's in my head, but that's all I got.

Anyone else willing to wager what a Toad game would be like?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 09:45:50 PM by Super-Jesse »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 10:59:09 PM »
Well, Wario's Woods starred Toad, and it's one of the best action puzzle games ever.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 08:24:46 AM »
Yeah, the SNES version of Wario's Woods owned.

I believe the idea is that it needs to be a platformer or something, not just a puzzle game. I think Toad and his awesome LIFTING POWER! could probably take on one of the evil groups that plagues Mario and Co. Let's hope he forgets his bazooka again.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 10:42:27 AM »
Toad never had a bazooka. The one who forgot his bazooka was not Toad.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 01:26:13 PM »
Toad should have one of those arcade-style, single-screen puzzle platformers, like Bubble Bobble or Crazy Castle. Bowser also needs his own game as well.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 01:44:55 PM »
"Super Toad Sibs" starring Toad and Toadette.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 01:48:14 PM »
With Toadette a player two! Then Toadette would need her own game :P
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 03:13:49 PM »
Yes, a game with Toad as the star (other than Wario's Woods) would pwn! pardon the internet jargon..

If they were to make (or remake) a game, I think a remake of Wario's Woods with the Wario Ware crew would be a good idea. It'd still be the same WW that we know and love, but the WW characters could replace the WW characters, and Toadette and the red, blue, yellow, purple retainers could all be the playable characters in the multiplayer modes.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 04:09:07 PM »
Toad never had a bazooka. The one who forgot his bazooka was not Toad.

I know that. My point was, let's hope that if such a game is created, it isn't a Shadow the Hedgehog-esque game - that is, crap, some stupid thing where he wields guns, or a combination of the two.

Print