Print

Author Topic: I personally believe...uhh, the Iraq...  (Read 8285 times)

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« on: September 16, 2007, 05:38:34 PM »
So, we all should have seen it by now. Now, the question is, how would you have responded? What would you have said differently? And what do you have to say about this response?

If in some bizarre turn-of-events I was in the Miss America contest and were asked that question, I probably would have said:

"...What? Did they poll babies or something? If you can't locate the U.S. on a map, then what are you doing here?"

Or something like that. I mean, seriously, I do not believe that's true. The people they polled probably just screwed with them or something. I can't possibly imagine that being true.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 05:53:34 PM »
Also http://likesuchas.ytmnd.com/
My answer would have gone like: "Babies, special ed students, and confused immigrants." I'm sure at least five of these models HAVE to be as stupid as this. "Everywhere like such as and..." Pretty embarrassing for South Carolina.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 06:00:04 PM »
"Either these Americans must not have been paying attention in school or are ignorant of other countries."
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 06:10:10 PM »
"I believe that we're unable to find America on a map because the school system isn't trying hard enough."
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 07:03:48 PM »
"I can only assume the Americans in question have never looked at a map before in their entire life"

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2007, 07:10:58 PM »
I couldn't even stand to sit here and watch the whole thing, as I hear people talk like that every single day.

Never work in fast food if you can help it.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2007, 07:28:43 PM »
Well, she got asked again on some TV show and said:
Quote from: Caitlin Upton
Personally, my friends and I, we know exactly where the United States is on a map. I don't know anyone else who doesn't. If the statistics are correct, I believe there should be more emphasis on geography in our education so people will learn how to read maps better
Personally, I think she was just freaked out. At least, she claimed that the question overwhelmed her. I mean, yeah she did have a pretty incoherent response, but maybe she's not dumb, but she just had a bad case of stage fright. Still, it was pretty funny.

And in response to the question itself, BirdPerson is probably right, Mr_Melee is being really patriotic about saying "IF YOU CAN'T POINT TO AMERICA THEN GET OUT!" I'm sure there are plenty of confused illegal--and legal--immigrants here that don't know where they're at. Also, people that are dumb and old and dropped out of school to farm for their whole life. Feral Children might not know either.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2007, 07:39:29 PM »
Don't forget the extremely elderly.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2007, 09:00:37 PM »
I really don't care, because I don't watch those popularity contests. I'm not surprised either, most women who go on it don't seem like they'd be scholars.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2007, 02:10:11 PM »
I'm surprised no one made fun of the way she responded.

"I personally, uh, believe that United States Americans, like, from America, or, uh, the United States of it, should have maps and education and be, uh, educated in those maps, uh, the maps that they have, and, uh, be educated about it, and some countries, like not American countries, but countries in Iraq or Asia--" *ding* "--or countries that are Iraq or Asia, or Asian countries, should have education of their maps about maps because maps are, uh, educational and are maps of, uh, countries."
every

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2007, 06:13:54 PM »
Yeah, I probably should have also questioned why the heck they ask possible Miss Americas these stupid question. Are they going to become president? Most likely no. Are they going to do anything really helpful for American except look good? Most likely no. It's so stupid.

In response to being really Patriotic, hey, no one else will stand up for their own country anymore, so I guess I just have to get stronger. But I really wasn't trying to sound really self-centered or anything, but the issue you brought up, SolidShroom, is another issue which I will not go into.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2007, 06:18:55 PM »
Patriotism = further dividing our planet = weakening our defenses against an alien invasion, as their planets are undoubtedly completely unified (watch a movie, they're military geniuses and why?). We act better than everyone else here in America, and they'll probably take us first and make a deal with the Iraq and South Africa like such as.
It's YOUR problem!

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2007, 07:18:35 PM »
You've clearly forgotten true patriotism and completely avoided the real definition, BirdPerson.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2007, 07:28:07 PM »
Patriotism = further dividing our planet = weakening our defenses against an alien invasion, as their planets are undoubtedly completely unified (watch a movie, they're military geniuses and why?). We act better than everyone else here in America, and they'll probably take us first and make a deal with the Iraq and South Africa like such as.
BirdPerson is right. Down with political boundaries to save planet Earth!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2007, 09:10:10 PM »
I didn't say to abandon politics, just... wars and elitism and all that crap... we're destroying our own world. Who needs alien invasions when we do the work for them?
It's YOUR problem!

Print