Print

Author Topic: Let's make Mario Party spaces!  (Read 4043 times)

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« on: May 18, 2008, 08:23:34 PM »
Are blue, red, special, and Bowser spaces truly enough for the next Mario Party? The answer is obviously no. I feel that we could all make some pretty neat new spaces. Let your creativity soar and make some humorous or practical Mario Party spaces. Here is mine:

The Oprah Space

Function: EVERYONE GETS A FREE CAR!   
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 08:26:48 PM by Ambulance Y »
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 09:29:17 PM »
Seems more Forum Games to me.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 09:37:20 PM »
It IS more Forum Games.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 11:26:47 PM »
The Catharsis Space (yes, that image is mine, don't laugh)

Function: See a cutscene of the current winner (or if it's you, then second-place winner) getting destroyed/humiliated. So even if you lose the game, at least you get to laugh at your opponent.

EDIT: Unspoken Forum Rule #279: You get one mulligan for an image you post. I used it to edit the image. Original here.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 02:13:33 AM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 11:30:42 PM »
Oh, I understand. Wario's humiliated because he lost his gloves!
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 01:13:13 AM »
...Yeah... that's... heck, that's better than what I was trying to do. I'll blame it on not thinking straight late at night.

There, I fixed it. Sort of. Now it's a Hammer Bro that Wario's anxious about.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 02:15:46 AM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 03:04:46 PM »
Here's my practical space set-up for Mario Party: Super Deluxe, which a dream game of mine featuring all the mini-games from the first three parties along with a bevy of new play modes.

Blue Space (+)
Recieve three coins. If you land on multiple blue spaces in a row, you receive one more coin each time. If all players land on 20 Blue Bpaces total, Bowser comes in and makes the Blue Spaces smaller, which means you only get one coin, and the Red Spaces larger, which means you lose five coins.

Red Space (-)
Lose three coins. Land on multiple Red Spaces in a row and you lose one more coin each time. If all players land on 15 Red Spaces total, Bowser accidently makes them smaller, which takes away one coin, and the Blue Spaces larger, which gives five coins.

*During the Final Five, coins given or taken on Blue and Red Spaces are doubled.

Special Space (?)
Land on this space and a special board-specific event will take place. Usually you'll get send to another part of the board, or change the board's layout in some way. If you're lucky, you'll land the ? Space that activates a hidden Mini-Quest. If you follow the Quest's instructions within the specified turn limit, you'll receive a bonus item.

Event Space (!)
Land on this space to start an Event. A character will appear and do something for you. Events include:

-Chance Time: Tumble shows up and starts the Chance game. Two players will be selected by the wheel and must trade coins or stars.
-Item Game: Toad will appear and start an Item Mini-Game where you can win an item.
-Quiz Time: Toad or a Koopaling will appear and ask a question. If you get the answer right, you'll win one or more item.
-Battle Game: Goomba appears and launches a Battle Mini-Game All players must pay coins and play to win the jackpot.
-Duel: Goomba appears and starts a Duel Mini-Game. You select another player to duel and the winner receives coins from the loser.
-Gamble: Game Guy shows up and starts a Gamble Mini-Game. You bet a certain amount of coins and can either win a lot or lose it all based on luck.
-Bowser Event: Bowser appears and pulls one of his many dirty tricks.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 02:28:32 PM »
Here's my practical space set-up for Mario Party: Super Deluxe, which a dream game of mine featuring all the mini-games from the first three parties along with a bevy of new play modes.

Blue Space (+)
Recieve three coins. If you land on multiple blue spaces in a row, you receive one more coin each time. If all players land on 20 Blue Bpaces total, Bowser comes in and makes the Blue Spaces smaller, which means you only get one coin, and the Red Spaces larger, which means you lose five coins.

Red Space (-)
Lose three coins. Land on multiple Red Spaces in a row and you lose one more coin each time. If all players land on 15 Red Spaces total, Bowser accidently makes them smaller, which takes away one coin, and the Blue Spaces larger, which gives five coins.

*During the Final Five, coins given or taken on Blue and Red Spaces are doubled.

Special Space (?)
Land on this space and a special board-specific event will take place. Usually you'll get send to another part of the board, or change the board's layout in some way. If you're lucky, you'll land the ? Space that activates a hidden Mini-Quest. If you follow the Quest's instructions within the specified turn limit, you'll receive a bonus item.

Event Space (!)
Land on this space to start an Event. A character will appear and do something for you. Events include:

-Chance Time: Tumble shows up and starts the Chance game. Two players will be selected by the wheel and must trade coins or stars.
-Item Game: Toad will appear and start an Item Mini-Game where you can win an item.
-Quiz Time: Toad or a Koopaling will appear and ask a question. If you get the answer right, you'll win one or more item.
-Battle Game: Goomba appears and launches a Battle Mini-Game All players must pay coins and play to win the jackpot.
-Duel: Goomba appears and starts a Duel Mini-Game. You select another player to duel and the winner receives coins from the loser.
-Gamble: Game Guy shows up and starts a Gamble Mini-Game. You bet a certain amount of coins and can either win a lot or lose it all based on luck.
-Bowser Event: Bowser appears and pulls one of his many dirty tricks.

That's great!!
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2008, 05:36:08 PM »
You didn't have to quote it.

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 11:08:04 AM »
That is very good!

An add on to the Event Spaces (!).

Space Maker: MC Bally-Hoo (Mario Party 8) comes in and allows you to use the Space Maker (tm) to make a space! It can only be a Blue Space, Red Space or Special!

Special is a space in which you choose what the space will do when you step on it. (Note: You CAN only make a Star Space if you are in the lead and have at least 2 stars. You CAN make a Bowser Space for no coins.) Each kind of space costs money to use, and if the someone else lands on it, they have to pay the same amount of money you did. (Similar to Monopoly.)

Print