Print

Author Topic: Mormons  (Read 34135 times)

« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2007, 08:21:15 PM »
I get that from a lot of kids at school.  Just for clarification: BLACK PEOPLE ARE NOT EVIL!.  The dark skin was used to single them out from the non-sinners.  Now it is just seen as a trait and in no way are all black people sinners.  It's like if Hitler had a descendent.  It wouldn't make the descendent evil, it just makes them the descendent of someone who didn't make some good choices.
Let's burn some stuff and call it science.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2007, 08:32:35 PM »
And that theory is about as good as a week-old chicken salad sandwich.

That makes no sense at all. People have dark skin becuase it was practical. They needed to protect themselves from the hot sun, so genetics took over. The light-skinned people need more vitamin E, so their genes took over and gave them lighter skin so that they can absorb more sunlight.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2007, 08:36:55 PM »
Whatever floats your boat.  Logic and religion are always having their own little battle some way or another.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2007, 08:39:10 PM »
Don't you know the difference between AFRICAN AMERICANS and AMERICAN INDIANS?!

Even if it is "just a trait" that is pretty freakin' condescending!

From now on peanuts are sinner peas that were cursed with shells. This is just a trait, mind you, and just reflects their ancestors poor choice of living under ground (which is bad). Why? Because I have a piece of bread that says so. Also, if anybody where to read said piece of bread, it would no longer be true. Why? 'Cause I seyd so!

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2007, 08:41:32 PM »
My friend, that is where you are wrong. I happen to be a Philosophy major.

I would not put my trust in any Religion that has no logic behind it. Philosophy and religion need to coincide. For thousands of years people have been trying to piece together some "Ultimate Reality" that can help us understand our world.

Why would you believe in something that makes no philosophical sense? Putting your faith in some religion with no background like believing that the color purple makes a "moo" sound. 
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2007, 09:01:15 PM »
So Mormons are technically racist in some way. Yeah, this is the trouble with religion...

« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2007, 09:18:01 PM »
Dude, just because Mormons are racist (I'm not sure if it's racism or not) doesn't mean all religions are bad.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2007, 11:21:53 PM »
I honestly, am not racist.
And now, something I think we can agree on. Religious Discussion doesn't really mix work well with the Internet. Now we're just typing in caps and telling eachother that we're wrong. Can this board disappear?
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2007, 11:52:38 PM »
I'm not racist either.  In fact, most, if not all, Mormons are not rascist.

Why would you believe in something that makes no philosophical sense? Putting your faith in some religion with no background like believing that the color purple makes a "moo" sound.

I get this a lot a school too.  You just have to believe in something where there is no absolute proof.  It dosn't make sense but all of the Mormons are pretty darn happy with their beliefs.

From now on peanuts are sinner peas that were cursed with shells. This is just a trait, mind you, and just reflects their ancestors poor choice of living under ground (which is bad). Why? Because I have a piece of bread that says so. Also, if anybody where to read said piece of bread, it would no longer be true. Why? 'Cause I seyd so!

I actually find what you guys have to say quite amusing and offensive.  I don't know why I laugh at it then if it offends me but oh well.

I have released the curse of religion upon TMK.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 11:55:40 PM by Presidente »

« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2007, 11:59:16 PM »
I have released the curse of religion upon TMK.

What curse?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2007, 12:00:23 AM »
The Mummy's curse.

Stereotyping a broad group of people as racist has got to be the stupidest thing ever. That's still prejudice any way you slice it. In fact, I'm tired of people defining prejudice as simply "hating black people". It annoys me to no end when I overhear people calling someone racist for some misconcieved comment, then going on to insult mentally challenged people, or Asian people, or even white people.

Now I guess I'll add a new layer to the discussion. I'm an atheist, so I generally don't agree with most viewpoints in any religion. I think that as long as you're a good person who holds no negative opinions of entire groups of people based on what someone else said, then you can believe whatever. If heaven or nirvana or valhalla is an incentive to do good, then so be it.
every

« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2007, 12:03:11 AM »
Thanks for that comment Glorb.  It felt like I was trying to hold back an angry mob using only a keyboard with no one else to help me.

« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2007, 12:05:25 AM »
Heh, I've felt the same way before.

« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2007, 12:09:39 AM »
I'm sure we all have.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2007, 12:41:20 AM »
Yes, angry mob. rawr.

Print