Print

Author Topic: The homeless  (Read 17913 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2008, 11:07:10 PM »
Or when it's literally against the law to live anywhere because you got put on the sex offender list for urinating in public.

Whoah whoah whoah WHAT

You can get put on a sex offender list for peeing in public? As in, side of the road public, or childrens' birthday party public, or what?

Also, it's legal to live somewhere if you're a registered sex offender, you just have to go around and tell everyone you are so it's impossible to have a non-awkward conversation with people.
every

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2008, 12:18:07 AM »
I don't think that's true, at least in my state. I've had friends arrested for peeing on stuff like police cars and they aren't on the sex offender list (as far as I know). I mean, half the local bar scene should be repeat sex offenders by now...

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2008, 12:49:11 AM »
Is "homeless" a noun now? What's going on here?
"We learned about the British [people]."
"I generally avoid the radioactive [people]."
"My church used to get together and make sacked lunches for the homeless [people]."

Insane Steve is absolutely right. Some homeless people have made bad decisions and keep on making them when they can afford it, but some simply have no one to lean on while they try to rebuild themselves, and there are those who are mentally ill with nobody there to look after them. Unfortunately for the sadder stories, the druggies are mostly the only ones you hear about.

Oh, and, all the statements in quotation marks are true for me. The homeless-feeding stopped when Father Tim left. I learned a lot when we'd do that--many of them have their heads on straight, wouldn't take a second lunch if offered, and make the most of life.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2008, 12:57:14 AM »
I don't think there are any in my hometown.  Seen a few in the cities, but not in the small community that I live in.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2008, 07:12:06 AM »
Well, I don't take the time to find out/come up with "names" of the oddballs wandering my streets, but I've seen my fair share of nuts. My brother says that he went to the library for school once and there was some raggedy-looking guy nearby making faces at the kids in his class. Also, there's some dude with... well, I think I've seen him once or twice from a distance, but I think he's got, like, Twin Virus-style white dreadlocks, though it might be just long, white hair.

I've had the unfortunate experience of coming across someone in public with Tourette's twice (once was in Strawberry fields in New York, which kind of ruined the moment). I can't say for sure if they were homeless, but I'd figure.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2008, 01:36:17 PM »
My town is so-called "upper-class" and I've never been out of state in my life, therefore I never saw a homeless person.

Super Caterina!

• Super Cool
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2008, 02:17:10 PM »
There was  agreat singer sometime ago in my town, but then she is disappeared..that's a shame.
Normally there aren't poors in my town, luckily. In the town of my university there is woman who always put her hands on your face to have money and I can't stand her. The strangest thing then is that I have heard this woman have very reach brother, but he doesn't want to help her...
It's meee, Super Caterina! =D

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2008, 06:32:56 PM »
I don't think there are any in my hometown.  Seen a few in the cities, but not in the small community that I live in.

Homeless people or sex offenders?

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2008, 07:10:59 PM »
There are a lot of homeless people downtown. A lot of them hang out in the library. Sometimes they talk to me, and I just kind of nod and listen regretfully. It makes me feel really weird. Also, a lot of those people with signs on the corner aren't really poor. I'm pretty sure a lot of them get paid to do it. Once I saw a guy on the side of the road, and across the street under a tree was a big water cooler, and another guy lying in the shade waiting to switch places with the guy across the street.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2008, 07:24:55 PM »
Yeah, libraries are normally huge hangout for homeless people and/or bums no matter where you live. In a lot of places, though, the library folks have a problem with it because the homeless guys smell really bad or use the computers to... um "get off" on stuff.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2008, 07:27:47 PM »
A saw a homeless guy "get off" on a bus once.

As in, he reached his destination, then got off the bus.

Ba-dum-psssh.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2008, 07:29:02 PM »
"JURISPRUDENCE FETISHIST GETS OFF ON TECHNICALITY"

--The Onion

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2008, 07:42:22 AM »
I remember a homeless guy who couldn't read stopped me in the library and made me read him a letter.
Ditto used Machop!

« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2008, 07:59:52 AM »
Yes. A homeless is a person w/o a home. And my Mom has seen a homeless before.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2008, 02:14:46 PM »
Saying it with "a" in front still doesn't sound right to me.

Print