Print

Author Topic: The homeless  (Read 18019 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2008, 10:24:15 PM »
"An homeless person"?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2008, 10:25:48 PM »
I usually say "hobo". I don't know if that's offensive or not. It shouldn't be.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2008, 10:43:33 PM »
Well, "bum" is probably the word you're looking for. Here's the official classifications:

Hobo: Wanders the land, maybe getting a job here and there but usually supporting themself off of the wild. Not as common these days, given the rise in laziness and various anti-vagabond laws.

Tramp: "Just in it for the hobo lifestyle." Goes about homeless, but doesn't really work.

Bum: Sits in one place and would rather beg than work. Normally with a cardboard sign.

Yegg: So low, they steal from fellow homeless people.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2008, 11:48:30 PM »
I plan on becoming a vagabond one day. Then I'll grow a sweet white-boy afro, learn to play guitar, and start Wolfmother.
every

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2008, 12:19:42 AM »
You know I wouldn't mind being a vagabond either. Travel from city to city, livin' off dah fatta dah land. But apparently there are anti-vagabond laws. Are there?
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2008, 08:48:07 AM »
I always thought being a vagabond would be cool. I even heard they were considered an American icon.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2008, 11:24:20 AM »
Yeah, the image of a sack-of-crap-on-a-stick-carrying, can-of-beans-eating, train-jumping-on-and-subsequently-sleeping-in hobo was iconic back in the day. Of course today it's less feasible due to lack of coal trains with open boxcars, wooded areas devoid of human life, and the public's current view of homeless people. On the other hand, now you've got hitchhiking, which certainly adds to the adventure with the thrilling possibility of being picked up by a cereal killer.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2008, 11:25:53 AM »
I am a cereal killer. Cap'N Crunch is my personal favorite.

« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2008, 03:17:38 PM »
time for definitions

Serial Killer: one who kills mercilessly

Cereal Killer: one who eats cereal, therefore killing it
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2008, 06:13:08 PM »
Cereal killers are currently the greatest threat to hobos. I'm being super cereal.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2008, 06:21:18 PM »
Actually
Serial Killer: Killer more than once
That was a joke.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2008, 07:37:11 PM »
I would never, ever want to be a vagabond, ever. I can't go up to random people for favors and I also hate instability in life.

The sex offender thing is 100% true, it all depends on where you're caught. I was once sent to jail for minor consumption, while literally everyone I know who has been caught drunk underage just got sent home, at worst forced to dump their booze. It took me 6 months and about $700 to fix it when I was caught because I got caught in Hickville Tourist Trap, Indiana.

Same idea for urinating in public, most of the time you won't get anything more than a slap on the wrist but rarely your life gets ruined to the point where suicide becomes a viable option.

There are only two events that could happen to me in life where I'd consider killing myself. Being put on the sex offender list is one of them.
~I.S.~

« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2008, 02:11:30 AM »
What's the other one? Paralysis?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2008, 02:11:54 PM »
Being caught shopping for video games at Wal-Mart.
every

Print