Print

Author Topic: Kong is Gone  (Read 4262 times)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« on: June 15, 2008, 11:46:02 PM »

I think the piece explains itself.  Mario just saved Pauline from DK.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 12:28:19 AM »
Nice. The missing shoe is a good detail, and Mario looks fittingly tired.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 07:41:32 AM »
Nice artwork there, Kojinka. 
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 09:16:34 AM »
How do you color your pictures? At first the smoothness reminds me of watercolors, but at the same time you could just be using one of the smoother brushes in whatever image editor you happen to have.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 12:47:14 PM »
How do you color your pictures? At first the smoothness reminds me of watercolors, but at the same time you could just be using one of the smoother brushes in whatever image editor you happen to have.
I use Photoshop
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 09:50:19 PM »
Mario has a cute expression on his face. Enjoy the kiss, Mario, you deserved it.

Peach is gonna freak when she sees this picture, though.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 03:37:21 PM »
How is it we never hear about Peach's old love interests?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 03:55:15 PM »
Mario with his modern-day design (minus the switched overall and shirt colors) next to Pauline in Donkey Kong seems weirdly out of place. In a good way, though. The "Jumpman" artwork on the arcade machine really doesn't look like Mario and this is what it would look like had Nintendo started with today's character model for Mario.

Very nice picture by the way. Love the texture and the small touches.
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 10:00:48 PM »
Mario with his modern-day design (minus the switched overall and shirt colors) next to Pauline in Donkey Kong seems weirdly out of place. In a good way, though. The "Jumpman" artwork on the arcade machine really doesn't look like Mario and this is what it would look like had Nintendo started with today's character model for Mario.

Very nice picture by the way. Love the texture and the small touches.
Yeah, and I based Pauline's design off her modern-day M vs DK 2 design.  Also, I didn't want to draw a mustachioed Popeye.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 01:39:57 PM »
Very nice, Kojinka.
Good work!
What do Yoshi eggs taste like?

Print