Poll

What are your views on homosexuals and/or letting them wed?

I accept them.
51 (66.2%)
I tolerate them.
6 (7.8%)
It's flat out wrong.
7 (9.1%)
I don't really care.
9 (11.7%)
I have mixed views. (Describe)
4 (5.2%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Print

Author Topic: Homosexuality and Same-Sex Marriage  (Read 200226 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2008, 03:21:54 PM »
Turtlekid, homosexuality isn't something you can do anything about. People have tried to force homosexuals to become heterosexuals, but it just doesn't work. The only thing you can do is see them as human beings and accept them for who they are. You are not supposed to judge.

No, I can't force them.  Nor would I want to.  But I can tell them that if they don't make the choice, I won't be the one to judge them.

It's official. Turtlekid is the new CTOAN.

CTOAN?...  You were dying for me to ask, weren't you?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2008, 03:44:14 PM »
I'd rather not explain the whole CTOAN saga right now, but let'd just say that's not a compliment.
every

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2008, 03:53:14 PM »
No offense, but that post was the exact definition of ignorance.
:' (
Comparing video game fans and lame subcultures to broad groups of people who suffer discrimination and hate crimes on a daily basis doesn't work.
Don't work on what? What do you think I was trying to do with that? I said this because the guy in question acts like "Look at me I am homosexual therefore I am very mature and tolerant unlike you" and as I said he actually is very intolerant with stuff which is, like you implied, pretty unimportant in comparison. What does this has to do with anything? Well just a little something I wanted to share.

Neither does the insanely tired argument of "omh if gays marry than donkeys and robots will mary 2!!!".
Well maybe I said this in a pretty stupid way, but if you think about it, it wouldn't be surprising.

Finally, you seem to get the impression that I am against it, while actually I am neutral.

lol @ people who think it's a choice.

How can you be so sure that it isn't a choice? It's ok if you think it isn't, but but if you are going to lol at people who don't agree with you at least show some proof or reasons why you think what you think.

Personally I think it depends on the individual. Some times it is a choice and sometimes it isn't.

(PS This boards will tear TMK apart lawlz)
Don't use real life to avoid videogames, it is not healthy to escape from problems.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2008, 04:24:39 PM »
How, exactly did I do this?  Honest question.

I will say this only once (unless I'm inclined to say it again):  Homosexuality is perversion.

No, just on the morality of the already morally-drained country we live in.

Perverse is judgmental term, but it's this "morally bankrupt nation" that really gets me. How's it "immoral"? Is it because it doesn't adhere to the archaic and repressed rules of your bible?

Are you in some way affiliated with Bill O'reilly or any other typical pundent? 'Cause this is the kind of drivel they spit up for a pay-check.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2008, 04:25:42 PM »
Yeah. Gay people willingly become part of a minority that is shunned in most countries, killed in others. It's just... man, how can you resist?

"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2008, 04:49:40 PM »
This comes from someone who used to post here, and was, in fact, homosexual:

"But I'm pretty sure gays choose to be gay."

Why would anyone choose to be ostracized, made fun of, threatened, unable to enjoy the same legal rights as heterosexuals, and have their dating pool restricted to like 10% of the population?
That was a joke.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2008, 05:06:45 PM »
To answer the original question, I picked the "I don't really care" option. The personal lives of other people have never really bothered me.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2008, 06:38:54 PM »
In one of the ads that appeared above this thread, I clicked on one that dealt with Homosexuality and the Bible. This brought me to a downloadable booklet, which according to the site brings up several points:

1.  Most people have not carefully and prayerfully researched the Biblical texts used by some people to condemn God's lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender children.
   2. Historically, people's misinterpretation of the Bible has left a trail of suffering, bloodshed, and death.
   3. We should be open to new truth from Scripture. Even heroes of the Christian faith have changed their minds about the meaning of various Biblical texts.
   4. The Bible is a book about God. The Bible is not a book about human sexuality.
   5. We miss what these passages say about God when we spend so much time debating what they say about sex.
   6. The Biblical authors are silent about homosexual orientation as we know it today. They neither approve it nor condemn it.
   7. The prophets, Jesus, and the Biblical authors say nothing about homosexual orientation as we understand it today. But, they are clear about this one thing. As we search for truth, we are to "Love one another."
   8. Whatever some people believe the Bible seems to say about homosexuality, they must not use that belief to deny homosexuals their basic civil rights. To discriminate against sexual or gender minorities is unjust and un-American.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2008, 06:58:31 PM »
Man I'm sure glad Vidgmchtr isn't here to see this thread.....
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2008, 07:10:48 PM »
He was viewing it via a proxy last night.

Just so you all are reminded, CTOAN came back with a new outlook and basically said he'd matured and saw reason.

1. Being born black or a woman isn't something you can change (or shouldn't be, but there's just another example of how perverted our society is).

Excuse me, but are you saying that being black or a woman are on the same level as being gay to you, but you accept them only because they're born that way and you don't accept gay people because for some reason you think they are not?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2008, 09:26:56 PM »
every

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2008, 11:09:20 AM »
Marriage is a commitment.  As long as a couple love each other enough to make that commitment, I don't care if they are straight or gay.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2008, 05:26:32 PM »
I've done some more thinking.

For those who do think it's the government's duty to stop homosexuality [by some means] "cuz its worng," think: why do we choose to have a government to begin with? The government's job is to protect its people. So we ban things--we ban killing, and why? Well, killing leads to death, intruding on the natural rights. We ban stealing for the same reason, reckless driving habits are banned to prevent death, etc.

Tell me, who is being protected from harm when gay people are not allowed to marry each other? No one, really. No one. Therefore the government cannot ban gay marriage, as it's simply not dangerous and violates the personal freedom of nobody.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2008, 07:49:52 PM »
How can you be so sure that it isn't a choice? It's ok if you think it isn't, but but if you are going to lol at people who don't agree with you at least show some proof or reasons why you think what you think.

Personally I think it depends on the individual. Some times it is a choice and sometimes it isn't.
I am perfectly willing to believe it can be a personal choice, but only if someone can provide evidence that the following exchange--or something similar to it--has ever taken place in the history of the world:

"So... are you gay?"

"No! Well, I must confess, every once in a while, I get a strong urge to have sex with a man. But I just pray for a while and the feeling goes away. Can't let Satan get to me!"
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2008, 08:48:30 AM »
He was viewing it via a proxy last night.

Just so you all are reminded, CTOAN came back with a new outlook and basically said he'd matured and saw reason.

Excuse me, but are you saying that being black or a woman are on the same level as being gay to you, but you accept them only because they're born that way and you don't accept gay people because for some reason you think they are not?

No!  Not at all!  Not only can you not help being born black or a woman, but there's nothing wrong with being either of those.  What I was saying is that being gay is an inclination or temptation, not a lot in life.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print