Print

Author Topic: VC controller option question  (Read 5103 times)

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« on: September 27, 2008, 12:51:33 PM »
Can I use a GameCube controller on Virtual Console games or can I only use the Classic Controller?
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 01:03:21 PM »
I'm pretty sure all Virtual Console games let you use the GameCube controller. You can see the blue icons of the controllers you can use when you're looking at the game you want.

If you don't have a Classic Controller, think carefully about whether you want one--the sticks are kind of awkwardly placed so I don't use it for Nintendo 64 games. I like it better than the lone Remote for older games, though. Games like Super Mario World are practically unplayable with a GameCube controller.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 02:01:15 PM »
Hm.  Well it seems they both have their down sides so I'm just gonna stick with the gamecube controller so I don't have to buy a Classic one.

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 03:04:48 PM »
Games like Super Mario World are practically unplayable with a GameCube controller.
I coped with playing SMW with the Gamecube controller by using my thumb on the B button and my index finger on the Y button before I got the VC controllers. The Gamecube controller I found great for N64 games.

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 07:24:36 PM »
Me too.

I don't find playing N64 games awkward at all with the GC controller. What I do find awkward is trying to walk when playing SMB before remembering that I can't..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 12:38:13 PM »
What about with Super Mario RPG or SMB: Lost Levels?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 02:48:08 PM »
I don't think I ever use it... why did I buy it? (probably because I wasn't 100% sure if I'd need it. Also, in the wake of all those lawsuits, it could be something of a collector's item now, not that I knew about that then)
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2008, 04:23:51 PM »
The Gamecube controller is best although it's far from perfect on N64 games because the buttons are not mapped perfectly (L=L, R=R, Z=Z) but rather L=L Z=R C STICK UP=R) either Nintendo was on drugs or it was... something.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 05:24:29 PM »
either Nintendo was on drugs or it was... something.
This is their only decision that made that thought enter your mind?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2008, 05:32:23 PM »
Somebody's on drugs here.

For Nintendo 64 controls mapped to the GameCube controller, L=L, R=R, Z=Z would not be perfect. It would be retarded. L is rarely used. Z is right under your index finger on the 64, so Z to L is right. R is right where it was, so R to R is good.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2008, 05:57:50 PM »
Well maybe but I still don't like it.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2008, 09:59:55 PM »
I'd like to see a third party accessory that allowed one to connect a 64 controller to the Wii through a USB port or a GCN port.

Print