Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Advance 4?  (Read 18938 times)

« on: October 21, 2008, 03:36:21 PM »
Is it possible to play all the e-reader levels through action replay or any other cheat devices?
Victory... is my destiny!

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 03:41:04 PM »
I've been woundering this too since Nintendo cheated us and not caring about it.
There are two methods, one is illegal and am not posting the link while the on the one is perfectly fine. Try requesting the codes at *MOD EDIT*.

Edit by Luigison:  Do not mention ROM sites on this forum.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 06:31:17 PM by Luigison »
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 06:17:24 PM »
Or you could make an exhaustive search for a Japanese E-reader, game, and card sets. (not recommended!)
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 06:30:00 PM »
I've always wondered what those extra levels were like... not anything to stand up and shout about, I'd guess.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 06:40:16 PM »
It wasn't a rom site. They hack roms. Is that not allowed?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 07:12:57 PM »
I didn't research their entire site, but even if they do not host any ROM directly they sure link to a lot of sites that do host ROMs.  Besides, you can't get the SMA4 levels from codes like with an Action Replay.  The codes are on the cards.  So you'd have to hack the ROM to add the levels from the cards.  That would mean that anyone without said cards would be pirating the card codes. 

I am still very upset about Nintendo canceling series 3 and 4 e-reader cards.  I'm hoping that with the DSi they will add a GBA download channel and have the e-reader levels on it. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 01:09:27 PM »
That's an excellent idea. Maybe you should give Nintendo the idea.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 02:19:04 PM »
We're sorry, but there are currently no plans for the exact game you are describing. You can always check on future releases on our official site at www.nintendo.com, and look for similar games.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 03:04:54 PM »
That happened to me once.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 03:36:01 PM »
I've never asked Nintendo directly, but with similiar questions Bird is right.  I did submit it as an IGN Nintendo Minute question though.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2008, 08:12:05 PM »
That's pretty much the exact response I got about eight years ago when I suggested they port Mario RPG to the Game Boy Color.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2008, 09:25:01 PM »
How in God's name would that even work? Porting DKC was enough of a stretch... (made ten times lamer by a re-remake on the GBA)
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2008, 07:41:36 PM »
Sound would be another problem if they were porting Mario RPG to the GBC... Unless they ran all of the soundtrack through the 32bit programmable wave channel but that would make the game costly and sound like an underwater orchestra. DKC used most of DK Land's soundtrack so that was Nintendo's lazy workaround for that game.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 07:01:02 PM by nensondubois »

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2008, 06:58:00 PM »
That's never happened to me. The responce I got was..

"You are a kid that seems to have an idea and a direction. Follow your dreams." - This was in responce to an idea I sent them for Super Mario Kart 2 (before I knew there was going to be an N64 game. I am sure they used my map for Dk's Jungle Parkway.. I've never been able to find my Special Cup maps since they returned my letter..)

"Baby DK is an interesting idea. Maybe we'll make a game one day that shows what he was doing around the time Mario was a baby." - This was in responce to a question I had about what DK was doing around the time Yoshi's Island takes place.

I know I am not the only one with ideas, but it seems that I've given Nintendo at least two. Where's my compensation?!
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2008, 07:32:28 PM »
Why does everyone think they gave NCL ideas when they sent stuff to NOA?
That was a joke.

Print