Print

Author Topic: All drugs should be legal  (Read 68805 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2008, 11:45:22 PM »
A bit of second-hand smoke from marijuana will not kill you or make you high. Not trying shove anything down your throat, BP, but you can't tell me you haven't inhaled second-hand cigarette smoke by accident *somewhere* in your life.

I don't give a crap if it's not harmful--it's still bothersome. And in this valley the air pollution's bad enough to simulate a life of secondhand smoking as it is, so I don't need to take any more bad air than I have to breathe to live.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2008, 12:25:21 AM »
Regardless, it is harmful. I guess second-hand pot smoke isn't as toxic as cigarette smoke, but they both smell bad, and the heavy particles in cigarette smoke never leave your lungs once you breathe them.
That was a joke.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2008, 12:38:06 AM »
Well yeah, I'll agree it is extremely bothersome. Even when I had smoked a bit (cigarettes) back then I hated the second-hand. Now I REALLY hate the smell of cigarettes now that I haven't smoked in a long time.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2008, 01:10:06 AM »
I strongly disagree.

I see the effects of drugs every freaking day. They kill you. It's bad enough that cigarettes are legal. Cigarettes kill you slowly. Using drugs just speeds up the process and also messes up your head. Drugs are addictive and expensive. I don't think that them being illegal would cut the cost and so people would still go to drastic and unmentionable means to get the money for drugs.

I don't give a crap if it's not harmful--it's still bothersome. And in this valley the air pollution's bad enough to simulate a life of secondhand smoking as it is, so I don't need to take any more bad air than I have to breathe to live.

I've got to agree with BP. I live in a big city and the air is very polluted and when I go to public places, I don't like choking on cigarette smoke and it burns my nostrils. I also used to live next door to these kids who smoked weed. Their window was right by our door with the smoke coming into our home through the screen door. They smoked a lot and it resulted in a minor contact high.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2008, 05:26:38 AM »
Wouldn't it be great if it was simple enough to just take all the smokers to one city, where they can kill themselves and others, and all the healthy people to one city?

SUPER LOCKDOWN!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2008, 05:15:27 PM »
And every ten years people from both cities are hauled off to fight each other in a no-holds barred deathmatch.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2008, 05:36:06 PM »
George Carlin had something like that in mind...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2008, 04:55:14 AM »
I agree with everything Forest said here. If all drugs weren't prohibited, we'd have far less crime and there would be less people finding new ways to get high. There are tons of new, disgusting drugs out there (Jenkem anyone?) and they're just going to keep piling up unless the drugs we already have are legalized.

And I agree with Trainman that marijuana should already be legal (it actually is in Colorado from what I've heard).
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 08:45:21 AM by Jake »
Professional Paisano here

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2008, 10:26:28 AM »
Jenkem

It's not technically a drug, it's more getting high off poop-gas.
every

« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2008, 11:48:16 AM »
Unfortunately I have been surrounded by second-hand Jenkem my whole life. :(

« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2008, 04:09:41 PM »
Me too and I'm worried it somehow affected me years later.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2008, 10:51:45 PM »
http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/weblog/comments/4891/

Sounds like some kind of puzzle game...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2008, 05:37:30 PM »
Instead of marijuana, why doesn't everyone who wants to trip out just smoke Salvia?
Formerly quite reasonable.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2008, 06:59:50 PM »
No one seems to read what I write. There are a lot of places like New York that have public smoking bans. I never, ever get caught up in situations where I'm stuck indoors with cigarette smoke. Impose this concept onto legalized drugs and bam. No more whining about OMG MY LUNGZ.

The ideal situation is that you have drug "bars" so to speak. People go in, do what they gotta do, and then regulate it so that they can't leave until they are suitable to drive.
And if you're concerned about your stupid cousins killing themselves from drugs, then your cousin is an idiot. Innocent bystanders who don't do drugs now wouldn't run out and do it just because it's legal. They don't do it because they know its bad for you. Seriously, find me one person who is like lol i wuld luv 2 do coke but i dont wana cuz its ilegal lmao. Drugs are ridiculously easy to obtain in today's day and age. It's not a matter of its legality, its a matter of the fact they're bad for you.
As for the subject of marijuana, it's more or less been decriminalized in most states.

See what I don't understand is that people constantly baww about the government infringing on their rights. People who want to do drugs should have that right. It's a key idea of capitalist, darwinian philosophy. We should have the liberty of free will. It's our own bodies and we should have the right to do what we want to them. Sound familiar? I don't see how you can advocate abortion as a natural right but not the choice of doing drugs or not.
As I said, the government has better things to do than hound people over drug activity. There would be LESS crime with the legalization of drugs because then it becomes less of a turf aspect as well. Drug dealers can no longer claim an area for themselves since it's a piece of the market at that point. Because they're competing with a nonexistant figure, they physically can't fight with it and produce crime.

And a similar concept to this, prostitution should also be legalized for similar reasons. Of course I bet a lot of you will turn coat instantly and ZOMG YESS PROSTISTUES and immediately love the idea due to, ahem "personal" interests.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2008, 07:39:03 PM »
You're still comparing mind-altering/danger-creating situations to things that aren't dangerous to other people around you. These are not the same things.
That was a joke.

Print