Print

Author Topic: All drugs should be legal  (Read 68357 times)

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2008, 07:51:25 PM »
Do explain. I feel I've made my point pretty clear as to how legalized drugs could be regulated in a fashion that would not cause this widespread chaos you claim it would.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2008, 01:53:12 AM »
I'm not one of the widespread chaos people. I'm one of the we already have drunk drivers that aren't controlled so why make it easier for more people to be dangerous even if that means only one more person people. You wouldn't be able to regulate everything so exactly. Just because only a few extra people would get hurt doesn't justify it.
That was a joke.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2008, 02:13:44 PM »
How would it work then, Chup? Something like 60% of people in jail are serving time for drug-related charges. It needs to be legalized to some extent, the problem is how
"it's always the present"

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2008, 07:35:50 PM »
Making something illegal legal because too many people are getting busted for it? That's the silliest thing I've ever heard.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2008, 09:27:39 PM »
Something like 60% of people in jail are serving time for drug-related charges. It needs to be legalized to some extent, the problem is how
That's the same logic that made public schools lower their required passing grades so that they could say that more of their students were passing without having to actually improve anything.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2008, 11:44:51 AM »
*sigh* I guess what I forgot to say is that a lot of those people aren't, and shouldn't be considered criminals. (I'm talking about pot only, by the way)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2008, 02:56:12 PM »
Hate to break it to ya, but a criminal is someone who commits a crime, and a crime is anything illegal. Non-medicinal pot is illegal. They're not hardened bank robbers, but there's a reason it's a crime.
every

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2008, 06:38:05 PM »
Hate to break it to ya, but a criminal is someone who commits a crime, and a crime is anything illegal. Non-medicinal pot is illegal.
I'm saying that those laws are wrong and you're saying "o ya well its illegal hurf durf"...

there's a reason it's a crime.
...and this is what this thread is about, but you have no evidence there so we're back to square one.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2008, 09:27:07 PM »
a crime is anything illegal.

Such as same-sex marriage.

Not that I'm on the druggie-liberator side, just pointing out how I wouldn't use that argument. Drugs are actually something that's harmful whether you're a cultist or not.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2008, 11:24:10 PM »
What I was trying to point out is that drugs are illegal for a good reason (yeah, gay marriage, not so much, but that's a different topic). Making something legal to get criminals out of jail is a ridonkulous idea. Sure, for every child-murdering heroin fiend there's ten harmless, good-intentioned dope-smoking high school dropouts, but that's still eleven people right there whose lives have been pretty much flushed down the pooper.

See, this is going to make me look like some kind of pro-fascist nut, but, by and large, people are pretty stupid. They'll do things that give them pleasure by messing with their brain chemicals, regardless of how bad it messes up their life or the lives of others. So we try to discourage that by making it illegal. You could argue that just makes drugs more alluring, but then all you'd be showing is that it's a lose-lose situation.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2008, 01:14:56 AM »
I will attest to the messed-upness of people fried out on drugs, since people have come into my store and babbled incoherently and stutteringly about rather unmentionable things along with being possessed and stuff, while trying to sell things. I am of the opinion that people should not have the increased opportunity to turn themselves into such a great nuisance.
That was a joke.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2008, 01:23:00 PM »
Sure, for every child-murdering heroin fiend there's ten harmless, good-intentioned dope-smoking high school dropouts, but that's still eleven people right there whose lives have been pretty much flushed down the pooper.
I totally agree that herion, and all addicting drugs should stay illegal. I, however am talking about Marijuana. It's not going to totally destroy your life if you smoke pot. I know many, many very successful people who used to smoke/smoke weed, and are not brainwashed lunatics like some of you suggest.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2008, 02:59:41 PM »
Do you personally know any? I have two ex-friends thanks to pot.
every

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2008, 06:25:02 PM »
Ya, I personally know a few. It shouldn't really matter though.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2008, 07:16:32 PM »
I haven't really personally known any druggies but I sometimes have to be in the same (class)room with some of these guys and... I don't know. Honestly, I'm not sure why the teachers don't snag these kids right when they start loudly going off on how much of this or that they did, and yet I think I know the reason: There's always the benefit of the doubt they're making up tales to impress their stoner peers. I can see that, though, because I know some kids who "do drugs" and are, well, as good as a kid who carries on long conversations about acid can be, and then there's the ones that lurk around just outside the campus handing something white to somebody. I'm not suggesting illegal drugs are fine in some cases; I'm just saying the problem is all around us and, in the end, calling a solution to it complex would be putting things lightly.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print