Print

Author Topic: Best way to get ahold of a replacement GH:WT guitar?  (Read 3197 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« on: November 28, 2008, 03:54:57 PM »
My World Tour guitar randomly strums of its own accord and I can't fix it. I called the store I bought it at and they told me it was the company's problem. I proceeded to call Activision and punched a few numbers while a machine told me to go to a non-existent website. Simultaneously and thereafter, I inspected the assorted customer service pages on the RedOctane/Activision sites, but the links were/are either broken or lead me in circles. Additionally, the RedOctane site talks about returns but only for products bought on their site (and you have to get ahold of them first). Also, though there is of course the usual 90 Day Warranty, but I think you have to pay to return stuff after two weeks (I bought it two Mondays ago and they're off work on weekends).

In a nutshell: I've got a bum GH4 guitar and it needs replacing, preferably as cheaply and/or quickly as possible. Help!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 04:03:32 PM »
Return it to your store. Unless your store is stupid, there should be some kind of return policy.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 09:05:08 AM »
Well... maybe I'll try it again. Like I said, I bought it at Game Crazy and they said since it was a widespread issue (or something to that effect) it was the company's problem. Then the websites for Activision, etc. said to deal with it at the store--and then they've also got links for returns! Typical... no one wants to take responsibility.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 07:58:36 AM »
According to my Rockband box... "Do NOT return this item back to the vendor you bought it from! Return to our company!" Or something like that. Although, I don't know if that happens with GH.

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 12:56:03 PM »
I returned my broken GHWT drums and guitar to Best Buy and they gave me a new one for free. But it was Day 29 of their 30 Day Return Policy.

Print