Print

Author Topic: Winter 2008 ADVANCED Poster Awards  (Read 30826 times)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« on: December 20, 2008, 07:07:44 PM »
Welcome to this year's edition of the ADVANCED Poster Awards! For those of you new here, this is an annual celebration of the community of these forums. We review posts and topics made in the past year and decide which ones are the best, as well as which people show particular skill in different areas of posting. For the returning members, it looks like I'm running them mostly alone this year. This means I'll count the votes instead of making the mods do them. Whoopee.

If you are new, or if you have forgotten them, here are the rules:
  • Do not vote for yourself.
  • All votes must be for something that happened in 2008. For votes on topics or posts, they must have been posted in 2008; for votes on people, that person must have posted in 2008; for signatures, custom titles, and the like, they must have been made in 2008. Exception: If it happened in late 2007 (that is, after those awards were underway) then it's fine. I started the awards too early that year.
  • You may vote twice in each category. This is changed from previous awards, as in them you would vote for a winner and a runner-up. Runner-ups will still be awarded, but you do not specifically vote for one or the other. You may vote only once (or not at all) if you like.
  • Voting ends Friday, January 9, at 11:59 CST. Hopefully I'll have them counted and the awards posted soon after.

The voting categories are found in the next post.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 07:10:07 PM »
Here are the categories:
  • Poster of the Year: Overall, who was the best or most exemplary person to post in these forums? The person for whom you vote should be the one that embodies your image of the Fungi Forums. When voting, all you need is a name.
  • Topic of the Year: The forums have had many varied topics of discussion; though many were for practical purposes, some were particularly thought-provoking or otherwise noteworthy. Which one was the best? Please link to the topic and tell me who posted it. The topic must have been originally posted in 2008 to qualify.
  • Post of the Year: Of course, said topics would be nothing were they not filled with posts. Whether valued for their humor, their emotion, or just plain strangeness, many of these posts are outstanding. Which one stands out to you? Again, link to the post (using the URL from the button, please) and say who made the post. The post may be in any topic so long as it was made in 2008.
  • Most Productive Poster: Which person makes the most of his or her posts? Whose posts consistently contribute to the discussions on the forums? Remember that frequent posting is not a requirement for this award.
  • Smartest Poster: For this award, choose the person who has demonstrated the most intelligence in his or her posts over the past year. Said intelligence need not be related to Mario or other video games.
  • Funniest Poster: After a one-year hiatus, the Funniest Poster award returns! Vote for the person who has made you laugh the most over the past year.
  • Most Creative Poster: Who posts the most original content? Whose posts are consistently unique compared to those of others? Vote for that person here.
  • The WTD Award: Which poster is the weirdest of them all? Who has made you exclaim "What the dukar!" (or any similiar, possible more vulgar phrase) the most in 2008?
  • Most Missed: Sadly, several people have left the Fungi Forums in 2008. Whether this person announced his or her departure or just stopped posting for whatever reason, vote for him or her here.
  • Best New Member: On the contrary, who is the best among the new people of 2008? The person for whom you vote here does not have to have registered in 2008, but must have startes posting within this year. Posters who have previously left and returned are not eligible.
  • The Deezer Award: Go with your gut on this one.

Voting begins now. To vote, copy and paste the following template:
Code: [Select]
[b]Poster of the Year[/b]:
[b]Topic of the Year[/b]:
[b]Post of the Year[/b]:
[b]Most Productive Poster[/b]:
[b]Smartest Poster[/b]:
[b]Funniest Poster[/b]:
[b]The WTD Award[/b]:
[b]Most Missed[/b]:
[b]Best New Member[/b]:
[b]The Deezer Award[/b]:
Remember that you may vote up to twice in each category. You do not have to vote if you do not want to; if so, please put DID NOT VOTE in the categories for which you did not vote. You may change your votes up until voting ends, but I encourage you not to do so. You may vote for the same person in multiple categories, but you may not vote for yourself. Votes must be submitted before 11:59 PM (CST) on January 9, 2009. Have fun.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 12:56:25 PM by MaxVance »
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 07:28:13 PM »
Ah, the awards at last! I've been compiling potential "Of the Years" on a template based on last year's categories, so as for which ones should stay and go... well, what we had before was fine but I can easily modify my (soon-to-be-posted) nominees.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 07:29:47 PM »
I think the Most Missed and WTD Awards should make a return, and I want the Best Custom Title category to stay as far away from here as possible.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 08:39:03 PM »
I think the Most Missed and WTD Awards should make a return, and I want the Best Custom Title category to stay as far away from here as possible.
This
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 09:32:12 PM »
Does Koopaslaya support these awards or did he get jacked again?

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 10:55:56 PM »
I still stand in opposition to these awards, as they were unjustly swiped from me last year. This year, I am once again protesting this heinous coup. Who's with me?!
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Jman

• Score
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2008, 11:01:40 PM »
Eh, not me.  I actually placed second in one of the categories last year.  It was a real honor.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2008, 11:12:22 PM »
I propose a renaming of this thread so that Koopaslaya can create the awards thread proper.

Also that no one bring up Meowrik...oops.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2008, 02:52:07 AM »
I still stand in opposition to these awards, as they were unjustly swiped from me last year. This year, I am once again protesting this heinous coup. Who's with me?!
Hey, maybe I'll be busy next year and some younger poster will give me my comeuppance.

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2008, 05:39:38 AM »
Or maybe Koopaslaya could stop complaining and just make the real thread so we could all go vote there!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2008, 08:28:53 AM »
The "real thread"? I must still be too new to know whatever that's referring to...

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2008, 01:57:39 PM »
I'd vote in the Koopaslaya Poster Awards.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2008, 03:47:38 PM »
Alright! I missed last years awards but I'll be around for these!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2008, 05:40:57 PM »
As I previously mentioned, here are the nominations for the categories I bothered to think about nominating things for. As I never got to the narrowing-down process, and the following thereby shows a flagrant disregard for the "two nominations in each category" mandate, consider it my own personal extension of the "Topic of the Year" thread:

Most Missed- PaperLuigi

WTD Award- Wiiario (et al) assume I am posting pictures of other people’s games; Let’s Count to a Million!; much of Turtlekid1’s mentality (politics or no here?); Continuous misspelling of my name; the 360 games suggestions thread flamewar.

Best Custom Title- “Ralph Nader” (MushroomJunkie)

Potential POTYs:
Glorb confirms the true nature of the next Zelda game.
Helpful information + amazing revelation + Tails Doll reference = Win
Super Teenage Mario Heartthrob: The Text-Based Adventure
An apt statement on the issue of repetitive screenshots.
Glorb summarizes the key components of a great game.
A wish goes wrong… (I never saw this post the first time around)
Ambulance Y challenges nensondubois’ real identity.
Earlier, on the same thread, BP abuses a donkey…
PaperLuigi’s farewell.
Glorb freestyles about BP’s bathroom habits.

Potential IOTYs:
Religion and science compared.
Someone is wrong on the internet!

Potential TOTYs:
Presenting the New Mario Game!
Post Your Brawl Pics Here!

Print