Print

Author Topic: Edible Mallow (UPDATED: FULL CAKE)  (Read 10821 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2009, 02:25:59 AM »
He started out as Baby Luigi, and then the body kind of got full-sized, so I guess he's Teenage Luigi.
So your original plan was to eat babies?

Not that that's bad or anything.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2009, 04:47:49 AM »
Well, it's a little late to add anyone else now, considering we've already started eating the top part. But if we do decide to make Bundt/Raspberry later (and I'm around at the time), I'll make Mario, Bowser, and Geno fighting it (since that would always be my party at that point). Mario himself wasn't really high on my priority list this time: everyone and their mother these days is making cakes with him on them, but only me and my mother, to the best of my knowledge, have ever made one with Teeneegee, Mallow, and the guy from the Toad Brigade who had a pickax. I've always liked obscure characters for some reason. Probably the reason I always liked the yellow Yoshi the best. The blue one is so cliche. It's everyone's favorite. And so easy to get, too -- just let him eat the star and Start-Select out. But to my young mind, Star World 3 was a force to be reckoned with. Obviously it's by far the simplest level in the game, but few have such a high concentration of hecticness. You're standing on nothing but grabbable blocks, only one or two layers of them separating you from oblivion, and when the run and grab buttons are the same, it's all too easy to fall through there before you even know what's happening. And there's immediately a Lakitu directly above your head. Jump for the silver P-switch and you're just as likely (at least if you're four) to hit a Spiny as the switch. And it's made all the more frustrating by the fact that the goal is always visible, right from the start -- but that isn't your goal. You're here to get a yellow Yoshi, in the only place they have them. To get the baby to eat five things, you have three options, none of them easy: you can pick up grabbable blocks, and probably do a striking imitation of Bowser in SMB3 in the process; you can try your luck at hitting that switch and turning the Spinies into coins, which you will accidentally pick up before Yoshi (or Lishi, as I often call the yellow one) can eat a single one; or you can try your luck on the pure Spinies, and, when you go to pick up the baby dinosaur to use as a voracious shield, more often than not pick up a grabbable block instead and fall into the bottomless pit. It must have been years before I was able to get a yellow Yoshi on my own, and once I did, she was forever a badge of honor.

I rambled a bit there, didn't I?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2009, 11:03:39 AM »
There's a 4th way to get the yellow yoshi to evolve, and it's faster: Let it eat whatever's in the top screens item box. Press the select button  to drop the power-up and presto! Instant yoshi growth. Maybe next time you guys can make a Yoshi's island cake. With yoshi cookies and stuff...oh, man, I'm getting hungry again.
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2009, 01:51:25 PM »
I've always liked obscure characters for some reason.

Be prepared to face Bird Person's wrath.

Probably the reason I always liked the yellow Yoshi the best.

Don't worry. The yellow one is my favorite too.

Print