Print

Author Topic: What is the 150 Star Fat Penguin and fetures of 150 Stars for SM64DS?  (Read 8657 times)

« on: April 16, 2009, 03:57:29 AM »
How do you defeat the Fat Penguin with 150 and what are the fetures of getting All Stars at Super Mario 64 DS? I don't have 150 Stars, but please tell me!

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 04:20:23 AM »
I never knew about the fat penguin when I beat SM64DS, but I was incredibly disappointed because when you get all 150 stars all you get are three 1-ups and Luigi's last minigame rabbit. I guess the biggest benefits of beating SM64DS are the bragging rights.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 07:50:40 AM »
Funny how people complain about Mario games being too easy and how common 1-Ups are, and also complain that SM64DS doesn't chuck 100 at you.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 12:02:55 PM »
Chucking 100 at you before you beat the game 100% is a little different.  I want a sizeable bone thrown my way afterwards.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 04:58:51 PM »
But Super Mario 64 is fairly generous with 1-Ups as it is, provides you with eight units of health, doesn't let up on coins or easy-to-kill enemies who drop them, and usually leave a 1-Up before tough challenges (like Bowser in the Sky). And by the time you've got 120 stars (or 150, my goodness) why do you need maxed out lives? Why dread the Game Over? Besides, all Games Over in SM64 ever really did was make you walk through the castle to your destination again and made you restart a Bowser level, if you were in one, and again, the only one that doesn't have a 1-Up very very close to the entrance to Bowser's arena is Fire Sea.

I don't see the loss in Yoshi going from giving you a hundred lives and a tricked-out triple jump to becoming playable. I mean, I suppose I'd take the tricked-out triple jump over Super Mario Slots... but not Trampoline Terror or Pair-A-Gone And On. Those be extreme. The super triple jump really only looks cool, anyway.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 08:19:45 PM »
I mean, I suppose I'd take the tricked-out triple jump over Super Mario Slots again...

Especially since you can get two copies of the SM Slots, with no apparent difference.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 08:24:00 PM »
Yeah, but my point is: who cares? Enough was added to the DS version that what you earn after 100%ing the game looks insignificant.
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 08:34:12 AM »
Especially since you can get two copies of the SM Slots, with no apparent difference.

The impression I got after playing both of them was that one is easier to win.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009, 05:05:09 PM »

I know. I think one is easier to win because I haven't played in awhile and I don't remember but in one I have 300 coins and in the other 10. I'm pretty sure one is easier.

And really the only thing a game over does is either make you walk through the castle or restart the level (Like getting back into that volcano).

Also if you save in the original SM64 do you keep the special Triple Jump? Also will Yoshi be there again?

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009, 05:24:08 PM »
Also if you save in the original SM64 do you keep the special Triple Jump? Also will Yoshi be there again?

Yes, to an extent. Your life count reverts to the regular three and your shiny new Triple Jump is lost every time you save and quit, but Yoshi reappears to bestow both upon you again whenever you visit him on the roof.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 11:45:21 AM »
Trampoline Terror or Pair-A-Gone And On. Those be extreme.
I love Pair-A-Gone And On! One time while riding the city bus, I got well over 1,000 on that. I was disappointed that the game didn't make a return in NSMB.

But anyway, yeah. Neither SM64 or SM64DS really give you much of a reward. Oh well.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2009, 08:00:52 AM »
I think the reason for the 100 ups is to make the player feel better about themselves.
Victory... is my destiny!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2009, 05:39:58 PM »
1-Ups = "Points", but better, I guess (to kids at the time, I figure).

Also, I never noticed those minigames had names.

And I love it how they put 150 Stars in that game but reverted to 120 (give or take) for SMG...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print