Print

Author Topic: Help on Mario RPG  (Read 6296 times)

« on: May 30, 2009, 07:55:32 PM »
Is it possible to guard against Magic Attacks? Every time I try, I don't manage to guard.
GAY LUIGEH

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 04:32:44 AM »
No, only physicals. If you can dodge an attack, you'll see a blue star flash on you right before the damage appears.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 06:42:40 AM »
I thought The Guy was, like, the master of games.

Oh, I forgot about that blue star thing (yeah, I think I remember hearing it before).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 09:29:31 AM »
You can doge any attack using the Lazy Shell Armor.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 11:19:18 PM »
So that's what that blue star thing is... also, one time I kept using Rock Candies and kept getting freebies. I don't know if that was due to luck or if pressing Y just as the effect ends gets you a freebie.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 04:30:44 PM »
So that's what that blue star thing is...

I know it's confusing when it comes to stars. For the longest time, I didn't know what the stars did in NES Punch Out. And I sometimes thought Star Wars meant angry stars locked in an unguarded room over at the ol' funny farm.  ;D
Sometimes, I think Mario represents the 60s, but with italians.

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 09:09:14 PM »
I know it's confusing when it comes to stars. For the longest time, I didn't know what the stars did in NES Punch Out. And I sometimes thought Star Wars meant angry stars locked in an unguarded room over at the ol' funny farm.  ;D

Nintendo does make it confusing when it comes to stars. The Power Stars in SM64 look identical to the Starmen of SMB/SMW yet don't give you invincibility.

Don't feel bad about Star Wars. I once thought Star Wars and Star Trek were one in the same. When Star Wars was re-released into theaters in 1997 I remember asking my mom if we could see the Star Trek movie. That's when I got a long lecture about the difference between them.

Print