Print

Author Topic: Wanted: Nintendo Power magazine  (Read 7182 times)

Super Caterina!

• Super Cool
« on: July 25, 2009, 10:22:47 AM »
Ciao! =D
Time ago a guy on DeviantArt told me that a drawing of mine has been published under the name of someone else on the American Nintendo Magazine: Nintendo Power.

he told me that it has been published in 2005. I find it as a big coincidence, 'cause 2005 is the first time I started posting g my drawings on international websites (the first one where the drawing appeared was administred by Koopaprince- now the site is closed): the "stolen" drawing was in these first drawings. I remember it was pretty easy to find it on google under the name "Mario & Luigi VS Bowser" just that time (2005-2006)

So I looked for some information for the 2005-2006 issues, but without any result...

The "stolen" drawing:

(http://supercaterina.deviantart.com/art/Mario-and-Luigi-VS-Bowser-38653370)

I'm really afraid of a heavy art theft, still unpunished- and I don't like thinking that this is real. I want a proof of it, than I'll think for the rest.
Can you help me?

The problem is pretty old, but I haven't solve it yet. I don't know if this rumor is real or not and this makes me mad! @_@

If you know something, please tell me. Better if you got the magazine where it is said the drawing has been published, so that you can send me a scan.

Then, if I find it necessary, I'm going to buy that magazine from the one who got it. I pay the magazine itself and also the travel for the mail (I live in Italy, you know, so it will be an expensive mail!^.^').

Please take me away these old doubts with your help: it would be very kind from you! ^__^

PS: this drawing has been already stolen once on deviantart, when i wasn't still a memeber of it. Anyway, the drawing has been published on the Italian Nintendo Magazine (Nintendo la Rivista Ufficiale) BEFORE I posted it on some websites- they have the original one, because I sent it to them.
It's meee, Super Caterina! =D

Super Caterina!

• Super Cool
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 01:45:43 PM »
Oh come on... X,D
No one knows anything? I just wanted to know if you have already seen this in a magazine or not... ;_;

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 02:42:37 PM »
I don't recall seeing it, but my collection of NP is currently boxed up somewhere in my garage.  Later this week I'll try to get around to organizing it and look through the magazines when I find them. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 05:03:27 PM »
I have some Nintendo Powers from 2004 and 2005. I'll try and check them all after supper, but IIRC, I think they stopped putting fanart in the magazine sometime in 2004, when they were trying to act all grown-up and hardcore and whatnot. If so, it might have been published on their website instead, and I'll try the Wayback Machine too.

I do seem to remember seeing something like that in a magazine (it might have been Nintendo Power or possibly Game Informer -- I'll check the issues I have of that too), but it may have just been a similar style.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 12:09:37 AM »
Yeah, I have almost every issue from 1991-2007, and then I stopped subscribing. I was planning on cleaning my closet out this week, so I'll check out the 2005 issues as I'm moving them.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 12:23:15 AM »
I've checked issues 183-89, 191, 193, 194, 197, 198, and 199 of Nintendo Power and didn't find anything. For anyone else who's looking, I believe they stopped having a big fanart section around 186, but after that they'd still put one or two near the back each issue.

I also didn't find anything in a quick glance through issues 165-176 of Game Informer, but I think those are all from 2007 anyway. And they're not Nintendo Power.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 12:33:16 AM »
Not that it bothers me or anything, but why is this in White Mushroom House anyway...?
= = = = = = =

Super Caterina!

• Super Cool
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 05:48:22 AM »
Not that it bothers me or anything, but why is this in White Mushroom House anyway...?

Because I wanted to buy the issue where it might have been published, if it is possible!  ;p
I found it as kind of commission...Just think about "Wanted" of the farwest stories! =D
You find it and take to me, than I pay. =p

By the way, if the drawing was in a site, I would have been less careful because I find it pretty normal. But if it's in a magazine the thing is a little different and it makes me worry much more. Then I don't think someone can be confused: he also told me he cut it away from the magazine! Maybe he got confused with another drawing... =/

Maybe the guy told me the drawing was in another Nintendo or videogames magazine, or he told me a lie... >.>

No worries for you anyway. If you have checked those old issues of Nintendo power, the problem might be another. Sorry for having rushed you. =<

Oh anyway...is there anyone who got the original Super Mario Adventures comic (and can sell it to me)? ^.^

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2009, 09:14:30 AM »
Yeah, that pic does look kind of familiar... I've got every Nintendo Power from I think #103 to #200-something (stopped subscribing a year or two ago for assorted reasons). I don't think there's any way I could go through all those and find it, though, assuming it's there and not in some other publication, as you suggested.

Also, you'll have to fight me for that Super Mario Adventures book! I should've asked that one kid in elementary school who had it what he wanted for it...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2009, 07:14:59 PM »
I have the Super Mario Adventures and Legend of Zelda graphic novel in my closet too somewhere... I really need to go through it badly.
= = = = = = =

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2009, 04:44:33 PM »
I've had an on and off subscription of Nintendo Power for years, and 2005 may be one of those years. Though, all of my issues are back in New York at the moment, so I'm not able to leaf through them for you. If no one's found the issue for you by the time I get back (Which would be November at the absolute latest) I'll take a look.

But until then, good luck!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2009, 04:13:28 PM »
O_O

'Tis mine chane to be a hero!

I currently posses every issue from 1 to 200. When I get home I'll check through all the ones released in 2005 just to make sure.

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2009, 12:05:00 AM »
I just checked through the Player's Pulse and Community sections of every issue between January 2004 and Holiday 2008 (except for volume 185, which I couldn't find anywhere at the time it was supposed to be on store shelves).

It's safe to say that your drawing didn't appear in any of those.

Print