Print

Author Topic: Gallery of '64 (Updated 8/9/09)  (Read 6984 times)

« on: February 12, 2009, 08:41:48 PM »
I think I had one before, but it was several months ago and not worth bumping. Ergo, this.

This, if nothing else, proves my love for the long-underused Buzzy Beetle clan:

Another one, 3rd in a pixel art competition on MFGG:

A general Mario sketch (on notebook paper, blech)

A scene depicting my thoughts on the Japanese SMB2:

and

And finally, a piece commemorating the discovery of the 35th Hoo Bean prior to Piranha Bean in M&L: SS:
(though the bean location depicted has been known for some time)

and

Likely many more Superstar Saga-related pictures coming up, I've recently been pondering some of the unexplainable mysteries of that game...

I'd also like some opinions as to whether my pixel-art, pencil, or Photoshop skills are the best; personally, I prefer the pencil as a medium.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 10:04:47 PM by jdaster64 »
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 11:16:19 PM »
Wow. These are really good! Nice style, too. I liked the one with Fire Mario and Luigi, and "Hoo Bean #35". Nice work!
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 11:27:12 PM »
Who drew this stuff? I can't figure it out.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 11:52:04 PM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 12:06:26 AM »
Nice! I really like the Spiked Para-Buzzy Beetle picture where he's giving you a thumbs-up. I looks so clear and detailed! Another favorite is the "Hoo Bean #35." Nice work. Keep it up!
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 08:19:53 AM »
Bleh, I'll try to post a couple sketches later today, but the scanner's on the blink, and I'm pretty busy.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 09:50:49 AM »
EDIT: Oops, sorry. double post...

EDIT 2: Another pic added, (the) Chuckolator!

Comment: Would have made that battle a lot easier...

Finally! I got a non-lined sketchbook! Here are a few sketches and stuff:

Comment: If the Spiny Shell was in SSBB, this would happen 12.5% of the time. 999%OHKOLOLXD

Comment: Pointing out a couple of oddities of M&L: Superstar Saga.
1. How can they tell badges, Mushrooms, and the like apart if they all look identical?
2. Why do the Iron Pants, Casual Coral, Wool Trousers, and several dozen other pairs of jeans all look the same?

BTW, try to ignore how sloppy the third panel was, I'm not good with expressions like that and I switched pencils mid-panel.

Comment: Just a simple sketch of Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, and my fanchar/avatar/whatever Buzzy Beetle. This is probably my favorite sketch to date.

So, that's it, C+C for future works?

...and, try to guess which two pairs of jeans I was depicting in the second comic.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 08:48:11 AM by jdaster64 »

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2009, 09:59:51 AM »
OK, bump with new art. Sorry for the triple-post, but It's been so long since I posted anything here.

Variations on a theme

Yeah, same original picture as those Buzzys sprited back on December 30th, this time in GIMP.  I just liked that one so much, and haven't been able to come up with anything better...

Taizo Hori? No...

Mario and Luigi Dig-Dug-II-ing it up. I'd like to find a GM7 version of DDII and revamp it with Mario enemies, just for lolz.

In homage to my recent Yoshi's Cookie super-rip,

I fail at BiTF-ish Luigi expressions. Meh.

A sketch of the Mushroom Kingdom as it was going to be depicted in a comic I decided to drop.

So yeah, not a huge amount, but it's something.  Comments?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2009, 12:58:45 PM »
That Mushroom Kingdom map is quite impressive.

The other stuff is good, but that map is just... wow.  I can't imagine how much time it took to draw that.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2009, 04:23:26 PM »
It's actually just a standard 8½" by 11" sheet, and probably took about half the time of that Yoshi's Cookie comic.  I really like how it turned out, but nevertheless I might try a similar subject in a colored medium some time.

[EDIT:]  Update!!  Got a drawing tablet, and came up with this:

GIMPing to come in the near future.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 04:32:25 PM by jdaster64 »

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2009, 04:15:14 PM »
Good-sized bumpdate,  2 pages of sketches and a GIMPed-up image.

Waluigi used to be in the top-left corner, but I cut him out.  Some BiTF inside jokes here...

More random sketches.

Took a bit longer than expected, but the GIMP version of the sketch in my previous post is finally here!  I think the Mach Bike lost a lot of detail in the transition, as I couldn't make a lot of its features out.  Also, this was supposed to be (SNES) Mario Circuit 3, but I couldn't figure out an efficient way to color the walls in multiple colors, so they became red.

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2009, 06:04:13 PM »
Waluigi is so unloved.
* Luigalaxy is shot.

Great images, and the Mach Bike looks fine IMO.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2009, 01:25:08 AM »
I know this is pretty much exactly the same thing Suffix said to me about two years ago, but it fits: Work on perspective, and you'll be going places.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2009, 05:09:40 PM »
for comparison.

Print