Print

Author Topic: OMGlobalWarmingTFHAX  (Read 19932 times)

« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2009, 10:35:04 PM »
Science is about figuring out the world using what we can actually see, not disproving vague myths that morons make up.

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2009, 10:56:07 PM »
I am not open to religion

And therefore it's wrong
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2009, 11:16:15 PM »
I said nothing like that.

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2009, 12:55:51 AM »
not disproving vague myths that morons make up.

Well, you're correct, but it does a mighty fine job regardless.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2009, 01:14:16 AM »
I was speaking earlier to a friend of how I wanted to go find an old Ford F-350 diesel that's vomiting smoke and leaking coolant & oil with mud caked all over it... and go find a group of greenies/gun control advocates while waving my rifle around and see how many of them I could get to start crying... then I found this:

Formerly quite reasonable.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2009, 07:44:14 AM »
I have but one more thing to say on the matter to all global warming naysayers (yes, I don't want to go off-topic yet): So, you're telling me that if we pump liquid dead animals and a bunch of other crap into the sky 24/7, 365 days a year, nothing will happen?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2009, 08:09:40 AM »
I'm not telling you to pollute as much as you please, but CO2, among other things, does not affect global temperature.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2009, 08:17:02 AM »
Well, then what does? If anything, it's certainly not healthy to breathe and it makes the sky look crappy.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2009, 09:30:11 AM »
No, you're wrong. Carbon dioxide does affect global temperature.

Yes, the earth DOES need carbon dioxide! In the absence of the it, the Earth's average surface temperature of 57 °F could be as low as −0.4 °F! The greenhouse effect is a good thing.

BUT WHAT WE'RE DOING IS BAD BECAUSE IT'S LEADING TO AN AMPLIFIED GREENHOUSE EFFECT. When an object is struck by solar radiation, it either reflects it or absorbs it and remits it as heat (infrared). Carbon dioxide traps the reflected radiation and instead remits it as heat. The more carbon dioxide, well...you do the math. This is very basic science. Very basic.

Right now, there is about 800 billion tons of carbon in the atmosphere (200 billion more than pre-Industrial Revolution levels). We're putting 7 billion more tons of carbon into the atmosphere each year. By 2055, that's supposed to double (more people, more carbon dioxide). 1,200 billion tons of carbon dioxide by the end of the century people...pay attention to the science, not the politicians.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2009, 11:02:20 AM »
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2009, 11:10:15 AM »
Do you actually watch any of the videos you post?

« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2009, 11:18:41 AM »
By the way I don't like Al Gore anymore than you do. He's a hypocrite.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2009, 07:57:22 PM »
I just don't believe one bit that "global warming" is 100% man-made. I'm on the bandwagon that states: "The earth has natural warming/cooling periods which happens over many years... so stfu.... we're not warming up dangerously."

[darn] greenies. No one can respect people's decisions or beliefs.

Hardcore greenies are the ones who get in your face and say, "drive a hybrid, recycle everything, use gray water, use solar panels, invest in windmills, and reduce your carbon footprint" and if you decline, you're labelled as a horrible person who wants the planet to die. (I'm not against recycling, btw.) You get labelled as this oil industry cronie and you're shoved into the DRILL DRILL DRILL NUCLEAR NUCLEAR NUCLEAR group of people.

So if they can say that, why can I not call them whiny ******-ass ****ers that are constantly *****in' & moanin' about anything they can possibly ***** about... and cry every time they see a car spewing blue smoke or see that their car their mom bought has leather seats? When I think of the hardcore greenies as a whole, Chris Crocker and his stupid ass videos come to mind.

Speaking of leather seats.... true story:

Ethan Asbury wanted a Mustang for his 16th birthday. His mom was a teacher (and a very rude one at that). He was a hardcore greenie. When his mom drove up in his new Mustang, he was so excited. He looked in the car and saw that it had leather seats. What'd he do? Start bawling like a little baby saying "FORD KILLED COWS FOR THESE SEATS WAAAAHHH"

Kicker: The seats were made of synthetic leather.

« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2009, 10:47:33 PM »
Not all "greenies" are like that. Yeah, some of them are whiny *****es, but it goes both ways.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2009, 11:44:16 PM »
Hardcore greenies are the ones who get in your face and say...

When I think of the hardcore greenies as a whole, Chris Crocker and his stupid ass videos come to mind.

PaperLuigi: That's what I meant. I just didn't want to write out "hardcore greenies" 50 times.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 11:46:48 PM by Trainman »

Print