Poll

Which was better?

Super Nintendo Entertainment System
18 (81.8%)
Sega Genesis
4 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Print

Author Topic: Super Nintendo vs. Sega  (Read 22635 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2010, 01:04:02 PM »
(post)

Please tell me that abandoning a legitimate source of info for Wikipedia = sarcasm.
every

« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2010, 01:29:10 PM »
Reminds me of that one Penny Arcade comic where the guy said the difference between "homage" and "rip-off" was whether he liked it. Similarly this seems to be the difference between "gimmick" and "innovation".

Merriam-Webster online says:
1 a : a mechanical device for secretly and dishonestly controlling gambling apparatus
1 b : an ingenious or novel mechanical device : gadget
2 a : an important feature that is not immediately apparent : catch
2 b : an ingenious and usually new scheme or angle
2 c : a trick or device used to attract business or attention <a marketing gimmick>

So I guess we're looking at 2b and 2c.

Now can we get back to the important issue here: Mario would totally whoop Sonic in a Smash Bros. Brawl match.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 01:30:42 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2010, 02:04:39 PM »
Assuming the absence of Smash Balls, anyway...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2010, 02:32:24 PM »
Please tell me that abandoning a legitimate source of info for Wikipedia = sarcasm.

I'm sorry, but how could you possibly not smell the liberal dollop of sarcasm smothering that post from a mile away?!
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Jman

• Score
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2010, 10:03:01 PM »
I swear, these are the only kind of debates I'm good at.  I liked both Mario and Sonic, even when they were such bitter enemies back then.  I can only say Nintendo due to the fact that the SNES was the system I wound up getting (in '98, when the war was long over).  However, I would probably buy a Genesis now if I could find one.  Nintendo wins out due to personal experience.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2010, 07:03:57 PM »
I personally think super nintendo is better. Just for the fact that it had better exclusives such as mario and zelda and that I grew up playing it. I find the Sega was good but overrated.

« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2010, 08:16:29 AM »
I would probably buy a Genesis now if I could find one. 
Thats funny.  I have about 3 of them and I can't seem to remember how I've aquired them.
I only watch [adult swim]

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2010, 09:38:26 AM »
Yeah, I find it funny when people say they have trouble finding older systems like the Genesis or the NES when I had more difficulty finding something newer like a Dreamcast than I ever did finding any of the older stuff. These people need to be looking at thrift stores and such.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2010, 02:52:42 PM »
Yeah, I find it funny when people say they have trouble finding older systems like the Genesis or the NES when I had more difficulty finding something newer like a Dreamcast than I ever did finding any of the older stuff. These people need to be looking at thrift stores and such.

I look at stores like that all the time.  The only problem is I'm usually strapped for cash when I find one.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Print