Print

Author Topic: Mysterious Mailtoad  (Read 4716 times)

« on: January 30, 2010, 03:00:35 PM »
Does anybody know how Mailtoad's free 1-Ups work in Super Mario Galaxy?

Here's my situation: my file was setup so that every time I started, Mailtoad would be there to offer me the free 1-Ups.  I eventually decided to play around and max out my Star Bits and get new high scores.  I never talked to Mailtoad, but he eventually lost the free 1-Ups.  Now I'm done playing and would like to setup my file like before so that Mailtoad offers me free lives whenever I select me file.  But he never has the 1-Ups whenever I start.  I figured that the Mailtoad having 1-Ups is simply a rare event that happens by chance.  So I kept playing until I saw that mail symbol over his head.  I saved and quit at that moment, but when I select my file again he STILL doesn't have the letter!  Any ideas how I can replicate what I had before?

Edit:  Nevermind, I somehow got it back.  Don't know why, though!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 04:37:57 PM by Fawful Fan »

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 04:43:15 PM »
I glad you figured it out, but I'mma help you anyway. :p

It seems to be that Mailtoad is random. I've started the file before and he's not had them, I've started it and he's had them. On times when he didn't have them, playing through a couple of Stars (ie: completeing/collecting them) seemed to trigger the letter.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print