Print

Author Topic: Paper Mario for Wii Virtual Console - $8 on Amazon  (Read 10592 times)

David

• Trusts the fungus
« on: August 26, 2010, 03:07:38 PM »
Amazon appears to be selling the Virtual Console release of Paper Mario for just $7.99.  The game costs $10 in the Wii Shop Channel, so this indicates a clear savings of $2.01.  In addition, the download codes for Amazon's WiiWare and Virtual Console purchases can be given as gifts . . . so if anyone felt like rewarding any of the TMK staff for their excellent work (cough cough), it would be fairly easy to e-mail a code to any of the staff.  (Cough).

Source: Amazon
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 04:59:27 PM by MEGAߥTE »
Let's do the Mario, all together now!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 03:13:29 PM »
This is like, extra weird.
That was a joke.

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 03:21:50 PM »
You know, I was just thinking the other day how strange it is that the VC doesn't have anything like a sale, then this headline pops up.

If I had the money and stable internet connections, I would reward the TMK staff. I bet they all have Paper Mario by now though. :p
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 05:10:52 PM »
Can we expect more things like this as digital distribution becomes the norm?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 06:00:44 PM »
Have other VC titles been offered by Amazon? I hadn't heard about this until now.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 09:33:14 PM »
Can we expect more things like this as digital distribution becomes the norm?
Shhh! Don't attract all the psychos from that other thread!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 09:36:45 PM »
That's not a thread.  It's the embodiment of "tl;dr."
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 09:41:08 PM »
If you stare at one of Warp's or Bobman's posts from that thread for long enough, the page will actually start to resemble a brick wall.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 10:14:54 PM »
I was going to commend Tk on his observation, but then I scrolled down.

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2010, 12:43:52 AM »
I guess this proves once and for all that TMK is the wrong place for intelligent conversation.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2010, 10:48:56 AM »
The internet is a place where almost anyone in the world can express virtually any opinion they want, and pretty much no-one will know who they are. It's not a place to expect much intelligence.

David

• Trusts the fungus
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2010, 11:12:54 AM »
Stop messing up the thread or I'll ban you into next year.

Literally.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2010, 02:29:58 PM »
MEGAߥTE's still around!  I wonder if he has/wants Paper Mario for VC.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2010, 04:00:22 PM »
The internet is a place where almost anyone in the world can express virtually any opinion they want, and pretty much no-one will know who they are. It's not a place to expect much intelligence.

I want to express the point of view of the games. We (the games) are not violent. We have never jumped up to kill anybody.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

David

• Trusts the fungus
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2010, 07:23:01 PM »
Stop messing up the thread or I'll ban you into next year.

Literally.

I want to express the point of view of the games. We (the games) are not violent. We have never jumped up to kill anybody.

I'm starting to think folks don't READ my posts.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2010, 08:17:29 PM »
Can someone tell me what's going on here before I accidentally every?

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2010, 11:32:17 PM »
The discussion was skating off topic, then a seemingly facetious threat was made, and the rest is kind of history.
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

David

• Trusts the fungus
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2010, 07:57:19 PM »
The discussion was skating off topic, then a seemingly facetious threat was made, and the rest is kind of history.

It wasn't facetious.

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2010, 10:59:27 PM »
It was more ficticious. But I'm done now.

Nintendo should have more VC/WiiWare sales. Just one game through another online store just isn't enough? What about those of us who have 300 or less points? Nothing is below 500 points.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2010, 07:46:08 AM »
That's kind of how they turn an extra profit.

Print