Print

Author Topic: Help with button mashing  (Read 13345 times)

« on: October 31, 2010, 02:07:27 PM »
I really need help with button mashing.  I played Mario Party and I can't beat a computer on easy without a turbo controller.  And I looked on several websites for "tricks" and none of them helped me.  Can someone help with my problem?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 02:21:41 PM »
1. Press the desired button.
2. Repeat.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 02:55:51 PM »
Have you tried using your index finger instead of your thumb?  You might also try tapping with your index and middle fingers alternatively.  Be sure to hold the controller against a hard/stable surface so that more of your mashing goes into pushing the button instead of moving the controller. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 03:00:58 PM »
Clearly, Nintendo must think button-mashing is far easier to do than it really is.  It took me ages to clear 90 feet in MP5's Triple Jump, and I've only done it two or three times since.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 03:14:37 PM »
Place your controller under a sewing machine needle. Problem solved.

Clearly, Nintendo must think button-mashing is far easier to do than it really is.  It took me ages to clear 90 feet in MP5's Triple Jump, and I've only done it two or three times since.

Too true. I've never come close to winning that.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 04:38:42 PM »
Having flashbacks to International Track and Field GBC (played the heck out of that story mode before I got Mario Tennis -- it let you have a girlfriend! Two of them, even! And then your friend would tell you that you shouldn't do that, but there were never any negative consequences! Best game ever!) and Gracie's car in Animal Crossing (never got that, even with a turbo controller).

One technique I got a bit of use out of when I was going for the Golden Racket in Mario Tennis was to put my hand inside my shirt and rub my knuckle back and forth on the button through the cloth, though the efficacy of this can depend on the specific controller. I only ever got the Silver Racket, though, so yeah.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 12:24:42 AM »
You guys just have to stiffen your finger and do some isometric shakes with your arm. Eeeeasy.
That was a joke.

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 12:31:46 AM »
And then there's Domination in MP4, which expects you to press the A button 100 times in 10 seconds to unlock some minor unlockable I can't recall.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 04:41:53 PM »
One thing I really like about MP4 was the custom pack.  It lets you choose what mini-games would appear on the board so you can weed all the awful ones out.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 11:37:35 PM »
You guys just have to stiffen your finger and do some isometric shakes with your arm. Eeeeasy.

I guess that's what best describes what I can do. If anyone remembers the MP4 domination thread I made some time back, I think I was up to like 13-14 taps a second or some crap. I kinda suck all over again though, but its still decently fast. Fast enough to kill computers on Hard or outrun a CPUs 'turbo' button.

I oughta revive that thread since I have a capture card now.. but wait, no MP4. I felt kinda stupid not being able to prove what I claimed back then.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2010, 12:38:11 AM »

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2010, 08:49:14 AM »
I love that video, both because I like IOSYS and because anything about Takahashi Meijin and his skills at caravan shmups is awesome by default.

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2010, 02:19:50 PM »
I tried all these techniques posted here, but I still can't even beat my friends record in domination, which is 67. 

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2010, 04:40:31 PM »
I use CW and LD's technique most often.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2010, 05:17:58 PM »
I just tap the button like a madman. Sometimes it takes a few tries, but in the end it's worth it. For the N64 Mario Party games I use a trick that involves you tapping A as fast as you possibly can while someone else unplugs the controller; this causes the game to think that you're still tapping A that fast, saving you work and getting you a good score at the same time.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Print