Print

Author Topic: You Rage (or Lose Faith in Humanity), You Lose  (Read 212981 times)

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #120 on: June 28, 2011, 03:21:35 PM »
Well, I have decided that those rules ruin the game's fun.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #121 on: June 28, 2011, 03:28:52 PM »
"No Taunting.  It makes other feel bad."

That's fantastic.

Though I can't even pretend to make fun of the rule about hygiene and just generally looking nice. I've seen too many dudes, and ladies, that look like every stereotype for gamers out there.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #122 on: June 28, 2011, 03:36:55 PM »
The Brawl thing is debatable (one idiot doesn't exactly make me worry), but the Twilight crossovers sure did. Any two or three inches of that screengrab would elicit a loss--I think it might be a mental toxin to actually read the whole thing.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #123 on: June 28, 2011, 03:39:05 PM »
Gamecube Controllers or Classic Controllers ONLY. No Wiimotes.

...But you can't use a Classic Controller without a Wiimote.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #124 on: June 28, 2011, 04:49:48 PM »
Also Remote + Nunchuk is very, very similar to GameCube if you assign specials to Down on the D-Pad and shields to B. Guess they only don't want to look like CASUALLLLLLS when it's very possible to look like a resourceful, astute person able to make an unfavorable situation work well.

Speaking of looking cool while playing the Wii, I need to get around to casemodding my Nunchuk sometime soon so it will match my cooler-than-ice remote.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 04:52:28 PM by BP »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #125 on: June 28, 2011, 05:10:32 PM »
So many typos in that... newsletter..

punchual

That, for instance, should be punctual. Unless they were going for the pun. I guess they got it..

I guess this means I lost too..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #126 on: June 28, 2011, 05:19:12 PM »
Speaking of looking cool while playing the Wii, I need to get around to casemodding my Nunchuk sometime soon so it will match my cooler-than-ice remote.
Cool.  I have one of those somewhere that I used as a gyro mouse when I taught physics in California.  Mine has a clear d-pad and buttons though.  

With the previous homosexuality topic I was reading Turtlekid1's post and thinking that if I were new here I'd think he was a huge troll, but by the end of the multipage discussion I began to understand his point of view.  I still disagree with him, but I better understand where is coming from now.  (I'm not trying to start that debate again though.)

ON TOPIC:  Today while going to the observation tower of the Smithsonian Air & Space museum my daughter kicked or stepped back on to my big toe folding the toenail halfway back.  Ouch!  The nail might fall off eventually, but that won't be the first one.  I lost one toenail due to a log falling on it. lost one fingernail by smashing it in between two pieces of firewood (BTW, I'm not going to use firewood any more no matter how many feet of snow we get), and lost one finger nail on a shrimping trip.  On the shrimping trip I got over zealous picking crabs out of the catch and accidentally let me index finger slip too far under the crabs belly allowing him to pinch it in his claw.  I slung crab, fingernail, and all to the front of the boat out of reflex to the pain.  Fortunately all my nails have grown back.  
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #127 on: June 28, 2011, 05:24:42 PM »
The white buttons are from the original casing--I thought it looked better this way so I didn't use the clear ones.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #128 on: June 28, 2011, 07:19:18 PM »
Luigison's post made me want to create yet another game thread, "You Cringe, You Lose".

BP, your controller is cooler than some black people I know.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #129 on: June 29, 2011, 08:27:56 PM »
!

A

« Reply #130 on: July 04, 2011, 06:17:03 AM »
The black bar on the top of Google is SERIOUS ****IN BUSINESS.

Google's creedo used to be "Do No Harm", and each employee was instructed to think of this expression when he/she was writing code for new software. Google has continually gone against their own creedo by introducing unwanted changes to their home search page, and then making these changes difficult, or impossible, to remove.

Don't be a hypocrite, Google, Live up to your own professed ethic! Listen to what people want and quit trying to force us to accept things that we don't like. The resistance that you excite in your users will lead to a loss of market share, as users look for software that better suits their needs, and their desire to not have things that they are not hungry for crammed down their throats by what is becoming an uncaring, top-heavy corporation bent on forgetting the lessons of similar corporate empires vanished in the sands of time after forgetting that they cannot hold power without the will of the people behind them!
"I was going to post and say "I have one of those!" because I recognized the hair immediately, but then the rest of the pic loaded and I nearly spit my drink out."
1-800-COLLECT: SAVE A BUCK OR TWO!!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #131 on: July 11, 2011, 09:19:30 AM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #132 on: July 11, 2011, 03:26:51 PM »
"Vital information for your everyday life"

Wasn't that a sketch on All That
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #133 on: July 11, 2011, 10:35:06 PM »
"..Annnd now, Lori Beth Denberg with some Vital Information for your everyday life"

Indeed, it was.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #134 on: July 16, 2011, 12:44:13 AM »
Language warning for the first attachment.

Print